Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 07:13 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,262,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
It doesn't matter that he cheated. It's the fact that he cheated, and then states publicly that he believes in the sanctity of marriage.

It's also about the fact that he believes our poor should go to work instead of get an education -- because they'll just be pimps and drug pushers anyway.

It's because like many of his GOP peers, rather than getting to the root of problems and proposing viable solutions that are good for ALL Americans, he chooses to address band-aids that do little to solve problems, hurts many, and heaps more favoritism on the privileged class he chooses to consort in.

In short, he's narrow-minded, vicious, and sanctimonious.
Good post!
Yup ,it isn't just his flagrant immorality as far as women are concerned it's his whole entire history of moral corruption on all levels...

It isn't just his firm, entrenched belief that women are just objects to be used and abused but he has a history of using and abusing America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,492,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good post!
Yup ,it isn't just his flagrant immorality as far as women are concerned it's his whole entire history of moral corruption on all levels...

It isn't just his firm, entrenched belief that women are just objects to be used and abused but he has a history of using and abusing America.
Isn't that exactly what makes him the perfect embodiment of what the GOP has devolved into recently?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:34 AM

46,621 posts, read 27,483,022 times
Everyone in this thread is complaining about how bad Newt is.....and how the family values crap is so important.....

But, I want to know who voted for Clinton's 2nd term? You know, the first term where he was caught having "non sexual relations" and oh by the way was impeached for not telling the truth.....

So, yea, lets talk family values....

Old 01-22-2012, 07:44 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,492,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Everyone in this thread is complaining about how bad Newt is.....and how the family values crap is so important.....

But, I want to know who voted for Clinton's 2nd term? You know, the first term where he was caught having "non sexual relations" and oh by the way was impeached for not telling the truth.....

No, you Pubs are the ones preaching "family values" at the rest of us who you assume don't have those values. As you support and apologize for a slimewad like the Newt.

Oh, yeah...

I voted against Clinton both times. I'm a former long-time Pub myself. But no longer. I'm now an independent smiling at the sewer the GOP has willingly devolved into. I've voted Democratic once. So far...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:15 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,262,089 times
Quote:

So you approve of Clinton.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:15 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,351,250 times
Quote:

Most people here weren't old enough to vote back then, but there is definite hypocrisy. Liberals back in the '90s were saying Clinton's personal life didn't matter to how he was leading the country, something I happen to agree with.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 AM

68,427 posts, read 54,881,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Most people here weren't old enough to vote back then, but there is definite hypocrisy. Liberals back in the '90s were saying Clinton's personal life didn't matter to how he was leading the country, something I happen to agree with.
Conservatives (like Newt) now try to defend their witch-hunt by claiming that lying about something that doesn't matter does matter. It's their hypocrisy that makes them look like such weasels.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 AM

9,325 posts, read 22,117,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Why does it even matter if Gingrich has been married several times and has cheated on his wife. That has nothing to do with how he will lead the country! Every person in this world has a past and everybody has done things that are shameful and that they regret. Cut Gingrich a break!
'
well he made a big stink about Bill Clinton's Monica.. so quid pro quo I guess.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 AM

46,621 posts, read 27,483,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you approve of Clinton.
Did not vote.....and no, just pointing out the hypocritical BS of the left....

Old 01-22-2012, 08:39 AM

59,543 posts, read 27,874,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Bingo, btsilver. If this were his only major transgression, that would be different. His whole life has been one ethics breach after another, and he has been an attack dog vs any who failed to treat him like an emperor.

I question how loyal he could be to the country.
You made the claim " one ethics breach after another,". Back it up with facts to include the outcome of each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections