Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 12:27 PM

29,269 posts, read 22,658,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I don't see Newt doing well in Idaho. Mitt has a chance with all the Mormons in the state. Think, once Mitt leaves Florida and starts moving west, he'll find people more welcoming of his religion.
In my travels around the state, I see more Ron Paul signs, than any other.

Newt, as one poster said, has a lot more than his failed marriages, he was in bed with Freddie & Fannie, this shouldn't be taken lightly.
I agree, 3-Shepherds.
Mitt will definitely be Idaho's guy. I believe he will also do very well all over the west. I think he will also do very well in Arkansas, Missouri, and some other mid-west states as well.

Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Montana, California, Nevada, Arizona, and Oregon all have a lot of Mormons, and Mitt has been their choice over Huntsman since the first. More importantly, Mitt is more in line with the west's general conservatism than Newt or Paul. Santorum, if he lasts that long, will get no traction out here.

Ron Paul got a lot of attention in S. Idaho in 2008, but I haven't seen any of his signs this year. In '08, the Paul signs were out very early. Between Paul and Romney, I think Romney is going to get almost all of the folks down here who wanted Paul in '08.

Mitt is to the Mormons as John Kennedy was to the Catholics. It was once thought to be impossible for a Catholic to be elected as President, and Kennedy was a wealthy, good-looking, and popular. Mitt shares those qualities. The Mormons, just like the Catholics, now yearn for the same political legitimacy that an elected President brings to their religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 12:57 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,888,450 times
Why does Gingrich's history of adultery even matter? ..............
Because Newt slammed Clinton for doing less than he has done...... Newt spouts family values when he has none............... Newt uses god's forgiveness as a get out of jail free card for anything he does wrong....... he'll probably seek god's forgiveness when he screws America up too......... Newt is a hypocrite........... Newt has been proved to be unethical............ Newt is for Newt before Country....... Newt is a Bigot............. Newt doesn't care who he scr*ws as long as he gets what he wants....................
How's that for starters as to why we should worry about Newt's character....... Not just Adultery but a complete scumbag too.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:46 PM

665 posts, read 1,248,590 times
There Democrats,they dont run on family values.
you cant run on christian values and be anti-gay marriage and cheat
on your wife,and expect not to get blasted for it.

Democrats are secularist, so as long as they dont do anything illegal
it really doesnt matter, if republicans dont want to be judged on there personal lives, stop talking about gays and christianity

Old 01-23-2012, 01:51 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,092,163 times
Because Americans are walking contradictions.... they insist they don't care about what goes on in other peoples bedrooms.... but then turn around and gossip constantly about the latest tabloid about..... what is going on in someones bedroom

God help us x10000

Old 01-23-2012, 03:16 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,267,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Why does Gingrich's history of adultery even matter? ..............
Because Newt slammed Clinton for doing less than he has done...... Newt spouts family values when he has none............... Newt uses god's forgiveness as a get out of jail free card for anything he does wrong....... he'll probably seek god's forgiveness when he screws America up too......... Newt is a hypocrite........... Newt has been proved to be unethical............ Newt is for Newt before Country....... Newt is a Bigot............. Newt doesn't care who he scr*ws as long as he gets what he wants....................
How's that for starters as to why we should worry about Newt's character....... Not just Adultery but a complete scumbag too.
Cannot be said or posted enough times!

Old 01-23-2012, 05:55 PM

4,862 posts, read 8,017,063 times
Default I gotta ask..

Herman Cain was basically ran off over alleged indiscretions but Newt is given a pass when his dirt is documented...

What's the difference???

Old 01-23-2012, 05:56 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,560,924 times
LOL...I was wondering the same thing myself.

I think it's partly because it started looking like Romney was sure to get the nomination and the evangelicals didn't like the idea of a Mormon being the nominee, so they became desperate and decided to rally around a Catholic (I know...it makes no sense).

The other part of it I think is that Newt is so good at talking a big talk and riling up the base that they simply don't care.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:57 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,232,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Herman Cain was basically ran off over alleged indiscretions but Newt is given a pass when his dirt is documented...

What's the difference???
I've wondered the same thing. To be fair Cain himself decided to withdraw, but he did it once he realized he was losing support. Newt on the other hand has gained support after the allegations arose.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:57 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,885,288 times
Newt said he found jesus where Cain did not. Just gotta pull the jesus card and everything is ok.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:58 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,547,351 times
Cain's black.

That, and Newt is as establishment as it gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections