Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 10:30 AM

47,053 posts, read 26,158,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Yes Americans don't like hypocrites.

Newt's adultery is an issue BECAUSE he made other's adultery an issue.

Newt help set the standard by which he is judged. Which in turn reflects on his judgement in many obvious ways.
Exactly. If I ran on a platform of "Every American should change his own oil!", my own visits to the local Quick-E-Lube become relevant to my candidacy. Otherwise, who cares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 10:32 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,978,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That she's a typical sexist doormat Repug woman who agrees with her husband that women have no more worth than hot dog buns.
I'd put her right there with Hillary, stand by her man, know matter how many women he has sex with.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,978,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Some years ago when I was a recording engineer, Waylon Jennings was doing some overdubs in the studio and he said,
"Lubbock Tx is so flat that when my dog ran away, I went outside three days later and I could still see him running".
He had a way with words!! Got to love and miss that man!!

Old 01-22-2012, 10:39 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,587,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The hypocrisy of him carrying on a six year extramarital affair while leading the charge against Clinton for his affair matters to me. That's six years of lying and living a double life.
That's the Republican way, that's how they roll. Their base does not care, they are either oblivious or share the same values (or, more accurately, the absence of)

Old 01-22-2012, 10:47 AM

45,593 posts, read 60,978,386 times
The History Place - Impeachment: Bill Clinton

Old 01-22-2012, 10:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,369,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All of a sudden, "family values" is an issue that's off the table at Republican primaries...

Never thought i'd see that in my lifetime, but i'm glad it happened.
It's called putting the country first. Besides, much of what you read about Newt and his 'values' are lies. Secondly, there are worse Democrats, and the press never gives them the attention they deserve for there 'indiscressions'. Edwards had a 'love child', and if it weren't for the National Enquirer, we would never have heard about it.

Also remember, Clinton was impeached for lying to a grand jury, not for his sexual misconduct, though he got pleanty of criticism for it.

Newt is Pro Life, and that's a biggie.

But, in case you haven't noticed, the country is in very serious trouble because of the current 'Occupier' of the White House, and the entire Democrat Party, which shoved ObamaCare down our throats against the will of the people.

Obama has demanded (and the Democrats have given him) massive spending, so called 'stimulus' bills, schemes, that haven't stimulated anything but the wallets of Obama contributors, many of whom are now bankrupt. Obama continues to spend, despite the obvious negative affect this is having on the economy.

Obama has shut down virtually all energy exploration and production in the U.S., while giving money to Brazil and offering to purchase their oil.

By not giving approval to the XL Pipeline Project, he has put a stop to a plan to make us far less dependent on Middle East oil, and has prevented the creation of 200,00 jobs.

Shutting down drilling in the gulf has put thousands of people out of work, and many of the rigs have left. It will take years to bring them back.

Right now, we need a leader like Newt. I don't believe Romney is a strong enough candidate, Paul is an isolationist and Santorum, while he is a wonderful clean cut and very values oriented guy, I don't think he is strong enough either to take on the Obama machine.

Newt will mop the floor with Obama. That's what we need.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:03 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,369,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Don't kid yourself. The "family values" issue is still on the table for everyone else, except Republicans.
You're probably right, because leftist are so high on the 'sleaze' factor scale. They have no morals. That's why it's a factor when one of them is running for elected office.

Of course, they are willing to lie to destroy Republicans with false accusations. Where are Cain's accusers now? Gone! No where to be found. Mission accomplished. They never brought forth any proof of their claims. There wasn't any. Even Allred has crawled back under her rock.

Another factor is that Democrats have no shame. They don't think what they do is wrong.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 AM

7,978 posts, read 7,379,330 times
[quote=Who?Me?!;22656438]So obviously you approve of Kennedy's affairs....

What having a brother-in-law actor has to do with anything ...????Wha!??? WHAT!???

BTW, Kennedy's affairs were made public A F T E R

AFTER

AFTER,

as in NOT BEFORE,

he was elected.

"Obviously"? Where did I say I approved of his affairs? Quote, please.

Marilyn Monroe and JFK had trysts at Peter Lawford's beach house. At one time, JFK was an unofficial member of the "Rat Pack" (of which Peter Lawford was a member). Frank Sinatra, especially, was a huge supporter of JFK. Some say the only reason Frank wanted to be friends with Peter was so he'd have access to JFK, once they became related through his marriage to Patricia. Having a brother-in-law who was a movie star made it possible for JFK to meet many beautiful young women from the studio.

The only reason JFK's affairs came to light AFTER AFTER AFTER his death was that there was no Internet or cable tv. Washington insiders knew all about it, though, as did Jackie.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:21 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,454,621 times
Romney has 100 times the moral charavter of Newt. As does Obama, for that matter.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:31 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,692,341 times
The thing is, Newt might actually win this thing and end up as the Republican nominee. If you examine his character traits, you find that he has a history of cheating on his wives (plural), establishing a political double standard, influence peddling, and pandering to whomever can further the Newt Gingrich brand, irregardless of which party or organization they represent.

On the other hand he is autocratic, judgemental and most of all is excellent at projecting anger. This fits the agenda of the republican primary voter to a tee. The conservative republican voter base is fired up and angry. Angry at the government, angry at the entitlements, angry at the financial mess the country is in and angry at any one person or organization that would take anything more away from them and give it to somebody else. Newt has tapped into that anger perfectly. Newt has no solutions on the table. Mitt is a reasoned, well respected business manager with a proven track record but is colorless and lacks personal fire. Newt is nothing but a blustering firebrand. Exactly what the republican base wants right now. If elected, Mitt would govern the country as he has managed the business ventures before. In a measured, reasonable and logical manner. Newt would find enemies behind every corner, engage in cronyism of the worst sort and blame all the problems of his administration on "those people", whoever "they" may be. It's the way he rolls and the way he always rolls now and in the past.

Unfortunately, this is what the base wants. Anger, passion and a man who can go toe to toe with all the percieved evils and injustices they invision. They really don't care about solutions, they just want a good knock down brawl and some bloody noses in the process. The thinking is, once we destroy the existing structure, we'll come up with solutions later. Newt is the embodyment of this train of thought, just as 1930 Germany was the petri dish and gave rise to another autocratic, judgemental, tear the system down, firebrand.

God help us all if he ever gets elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections