Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 12:25 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,483,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
Yes but they can't tell you why a Mormon is not a Christian except for simply ranting but giving nothing more to go on. If a man tells me he believes in the word of Jesus Christ I have no other recourse than to call him a Christian. If a man adamantly tells me he believes in the teachings of Buddha I have to say he is a Buddhist. I an I am even more obligated if I see that that person is following what he claims to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
"My Christianity is superior to your Christianity."

Get it?
Because it's a "foreign" idea to them. A lot of people - especially in the Deep South - are very set in their ways and don't like people who are different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 12:30 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,387,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
"My Christianity is superior to your Christianity."

Get it?

That sure is wherre it's gotten to. Unbelieable, It's like sixth graders "My Jesus and beat up your Jesus" sounds like a golden gloves match up in Tijuana

Old 01-22-2012, 12:31 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,994,656 times
People set in their ways, anywhere, not open to new ideas and people and cultures, are S-T-U-P-I-D.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:38 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,749,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Why does it even matter if Gingrich has been married several times and has cheated on his wife. That has nothing to do with how he will lead the country! Every person in this world has a past and everybody has done things that are shameful and that they regret. Cut Gingrich a break!
Hey, Newtie is a man of principal. After he disbands the Supreme Court and throws all the justices in jail, he'll take all the money he saved and create the United States Presidential Harem.

Let's be honest, Newtie the Hutt has earned it. Seriously, why should a man of such power and prestige have to sleep with the same woman every night?

Okay, getting serious now. Marriage is the most sacred and personal promise you will ever make in your life. How faithful you are to that promise tells us a lot about how honest you are period. Newt is a lying SOB with the moral fiber and uprightness of a serial rapist.

How embarrassing would it be for the Repugnantcans to be the first party to nominate a candidate for President who we know in advance has screwed around on his wives many, many, many, many times? Nominating Newt Gingrich would destroy any notion that the GOP stands for family values. It would make the GOP look unbelievably hypocritical.

But if it makes you feel better, there's hundreds of other reasons why Newt Gingrich is the worst candidate running this year that have nothing to do with cheating on his wife. Do a little research. This guy claims to be "the conservative choice" but his record is so liberal you'd swear he was a Democrat. It would make sense actually, since his two biggest heroes are FDR and Woodrow Wilson -- both Democrats.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:09 AM

555 posts, read 878,030 times
In the most cynical of political moves, Newt converted to Catholicism after his third marriage. Can't say he is against family values anymore.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:28 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,364,276 times
The future of the country is at stake, and our place in the world as a super power, and you guys are fretting over "family values"? Family values are important, but look at the big picture, people!

Old 01-22-2012, 04:10 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,749,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Hmmmm.... ex wives are not usually the best source of accurate information.
When you find out that Newt married his former high school geometry teacher Jackie Battley 1962, you do a double take and think that Newtie started out as a teachers pet and his first wife was one of these sorts. It's impossible to know, but sounds plausible. It's a pretty weird choice of marriage partners at the very least.

Fast forward 18 years. She finds out in 1980 that he's been cheating on her for years. What happens next is a lot of he said/she said, but Jackie claims that Newton LeRoy did a lot of hurtful things. She claims she wanted to patch things up but he just wanted out. She claims that while she was in hospital recovering from surgery in which she had a tumor removed, he came to visit and broke the news to her that he wanted a divorce. Newt denies all this and claims she's lying about everything.

That's an excellent case of he said/she said.

Now we have Marriane Ginther coming out with her claims. After she found out he was cheating on her with Calista, according to Marriane, Newt offered to allow her to continue on as his wife if she agreed to have an "open marriage." That way, he could continue to screw Calista anytime he wanted without having an embarrassing second divorce and potentially having his political career damaged. Newt adamantly claims that she is lying.

Another excellent example of he said/she said.

But take all three things together and the ex-wives "outrageous lies" are starting to sound pretty damned credible.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:03 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,985,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Why does Gingrich's history of adultery even matter?

Really. My thoughts exactly. The whole republican "family values" issue was just a front. The whole Tea Party concept of "replace the career politicians" was just feel good talk, all along. When push came to shove, they voted for the man who is a known serial adulterer, who was not just a career Washington political insider, but who represented the seamy underbelly of all that was rotten in Washington and was ultimately censored and removed from power by his own party. This is the man they chose to represent them. Or......was it more of............."We just don't want that Mormon, Cult Lover to even have a chance at representing us. We much prefer the sleazy adulterous, career politician who is ethicly bankrupt and sold his wife down the river for some fresh ****".

Anybody who has any memory of past political events will immediately recognize that Newt is not the solution for what's wrong in Washington, He's part of the problem and always has been.

Good Luck with that, Republicans. Obama and his minions are yucking it up now at their good fortune watching the Republican Party eat their own and put one bozo after another up as their great hope for the future.

In the past, all the career politicians who were caught in an adulterous affair were promptly cashiered out of politics and went immediately into obscurity. Now the right wing, conservative, family values party wants to elect one president. The irony is truly astounding.
Right, gotta love those family values they have.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:27 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Right you are, Americans have shown with Clinton and Obama they are forgiving and tolerant. It's the economy stupid!

RIGHT! It's only morals and so called 'family values' when it's a Democrat being judged, eh?

Newt's a poster boy for the ethically challenged, I guess there's been quite a shift in values on the right.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:37 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Why does it even matter if Gingrich has been married several times and has cheated on his wife. That has nothing to do with how he will lead the country! Every person in this world has a past and everybody has done things that are shameful and that they regret. Cut Gingrich a break!

The rhetoric flowing from the right is like a tsunami of crap. Adultery doesn't matter but lying to Congress about something that doesn't matter does matter. Just what we need to lead the nation, a witch-hunting hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections