Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 04:47 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,364,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Newt makes Herman "Let me grope you" Cain look like the Pope and any family value voter who voted for him is a hypocrite.
In the first place, none of Cain's accusers had any proof. Let's be honest. They were paid. Where are they now? Gone. So is Ms. Allred, having crawled back under her rock.

Now read this: Articles: Why I'm Giving Newt a Pass on the Scarlet-A Factor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 04:49 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,364,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I left the church scene permanently 2 years ago after going for most of my life. The hypocrisy is just so amazingly blatant, and everything is about power and growth in the vast majority of American churches, along with blindly following whatever the pastors tell people to think.
Be honest. You aren't a believer and never were. You were acting. Playing a game.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:01 PM

9,906 posts, read 10,851,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Newt makes Herman "Let me grope you" Cain look like the Pope and any family value voter who voted for him is a hypocrite.
Yeah .....where is gloria allred & all those Cain accusers anyhow?

Old 01-22-2012, 05:03 PM

242 posts, read 236,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
Is the title a broad brush? Does it apply to every Evangelical Republican? No. But I believe the broad brush applies to a whole lot of them.

In South Carolina, voters who said that religion matters a great deal to voted 9 percent for Mitt Romney and 43 percent for Gingrich. Among voters who said religion was not important, 42 percent voted for Romney. Let me repeat. 9 percent to 42 percent depending on the voter's religiosity. And the largest religious voting block in South Carolina is Evangelicals.

I heard a lot of excuses like "Newt has family values" and "Newt is more honest" to explain why they vote for him. Let's be honest -- it was code for Romney is a Mormon!!!!.

Newt got kicked out of Congress for ethics violations, and Newt his a serial cheater, who has treated his ex-wives like dirt. Yet now he is now the "values" candidate in this contest. On the radio today, I actually heard one voter as say he would rather vote for a serial adulterer than a Mormon. What a disgusting display of bigotry and hypocrisy due to blinding religious bias.

that's why the South is a 3rd world hellhole.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:08 PM

791 posts, read 462,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Be honest. You aren't a believer and never were. You were acting. Playing a game.
Jeez dude, that's a little harsh on somebody you don't even know, isn't it?

And I can't figure out why Mormons would want to be called Christians, anyway. I think Gandhi said it best... "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Old 01-22-2012, 05:14 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,976,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince40000 View Post

What rock did you crawl out from under? Thank you for the ignorant remark. You make others look good.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:17 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,709,488 times
Default Gingrich supporters on history of adultery

Why do Gingrich supporters feel his history of adultery does not matter in his electability as president when they are a part of the party that claims franchise to Christian and family values? After all, they are the party that wanted to focus on what gays and lesbians do in their private bedroom.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:17 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,985,062 times
Mitt Romney will have a problem with the hard core conservative Christian evangelicals. Many will claim he is not conservative enough, that he is too moderate on social policy issues, that he is a flip-flopper. Still, I believe many will not support him merely because he is a Mormon - although few will actually admit it.

Supporters of Romney feel that he is the best guy to defeat Obama, that he has the ability to sway the moderate "independent" or "swing" vote away from the president.

Personally, I have a hunch that the very best scenario for the GOP is to have a deadlocked convention and that a fresh new candidate comes from out of the blue to accept the party's nomination ... someone like New Jersey's Gov. Christie, who makes the others look like a bunch of clowns. Okay, this is not likely to happen - but anything is possible.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:24 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,195,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince40000 View Post

From someone who I am sure has never even lived in the south. The south is not what you see on tv or in the movies, fortunately. Some of the south lives right up to those stereotypes, but much of the south is very progressive and nothing like that. Is it the north, no and we don't really want it to be. There are just as many drawbacks to that.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:26 PM

9,906 posts, read 10,851,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
Is the title a broad brush? Does it apply to every Evangelical Republican? No. But I believe the broad brush applies to a whole lot of them.

In South Carolina, voters who said that religion matters a great deal to voted 9 percent for Mitt Romney and 43 percent for Gingrich. Among voters who said religion was not important, 42 percent voted for Romney. Let me repeat. 9 percent to 42 percent depending on the voter's religiosity. And the largest religious voting block in South Carolina is Evangelicals.

I heard a lot of excuses like "Newt has family values" and "Newt is more honest" to explain why they vote for him. Let's be honest -- it was code for Romney is a Mormon!!!!.

Newt got kicked out of Congress for ethics violations, and Newt his a serial cheater, who has treated his ex-wives like dirt. Yet now he is now the "values" candidate in this contest. On the radio today, I actually heard one voter as say he would rather vote for a serial adulterer than a Mormon. What a disgusting display of bigotry and hypocrisy due to blinding religious bias.
I think this is just so much bs pushed by the left and the paulinistas who actually feel the way they are accusing evangelicals. Why in the world would evangelicals be afraid of a mormon when they know what they have in office now. What is Romney going to force us all to have multiple wives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections