Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 02:10 PM

308 posts, read 680,018 times

Advertisements

Cam, all we need is one big swing of the bat by a big bopper/daddy and we'll make up that 15" deficit and we'll have ourselves a big victory parade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Well, the reason it showed a foot of snow for those areas is cause the NAO does tank negative on that run and the storm bombs off the coast.

Currently,
PNA is positive (East trough likely)
AO is Negative (Cold air filtering down)
NAO is neutral and going slightly negative.

The Players are falling in place, but it's the 7th inning and we're down by 15". LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 05:03 PM

633 posts, read 1,644,429 times
We will see about that,,, mild weather been making a lot of touch down lately... even when snow storm comes the snow melts away again and then bamp spring comes in and we must felt like winter was only 2 month LOL

Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 PM

308 posts, read 680,018 times
Guess what? We have 2 more months of winter so it aint over till its over and its not over by a long shot! This week will be the mild weather's last touch down for a while so get use to the cold and snow because old man winter will be getting the last laugh. He's going to be kicking the mild weather's behind very shortly. LOL

Old 01-31-2012, 02:02 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,465,729 times
I say let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

As long as we don't get constant 8" snowfalls, I'm perfectly fine with 6" that melt in 3 or 4 days with the temperature's we've had. Hopefully February brings a couple days of snow, I'm getting sick of rain.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:23 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,031 times
We shall see wasn't snow in the forecast for this weekend? Now forecast is for nicer weather, no frozen precip, or precip at all Last weather was an anomaly I hope I never see that again. This winter is easy, an anomaly I am enjoying. Still some snow in piles where the plows did their thing, that counts as winter to me lol

Old 01-31-2012, 05:27 AM

83,511 posts, read 75,269,804 times
Charlie Brown Senario In Effect!!!

There is no model showing precip this weekend!!

I'm speechless at the performance and the continuation of showing something and disappearing days before.

I'm going to sit back until 3-4 days before an event now.

ENJOY THE WARMTH TODAY/TOMORROW.

"TEMPS WELL ABOVE NORMAL WITH HIGHS IN THE
50S...WHICH IS AROUND 15 DEGREES ABOVE NORMAL. FORECAST HIGHS MAY BE A FEW DEGREES TOO LOW AT SOME LOCATIONS AWAY FROM THE COAST UNDER SW FLOW. A FEW SPOTS IN THE NY METRO AREA COULD REACH THE 60 DEGREE MARK."

Old 01-31-2012, 07:01 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,360,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm&Hammer View Post
We will see about that,,, mild weather been making a lot of touch down lately... even when snow storm comes the snow melts away again and then bamp spring comes in and we must felt like winter was only 2 month LOL
To be honest…that’s the main point I think a lot of people are missing – bar some crazy change to a extreme pattern (very cold and stormy)….winter 2011/2012 should end up feeling like the 8 week winter – lol. Think about it, we had no snow at all in the Tri-State area in December…a green Christmas…just a single snow in late January/which melted in 48 hrs….many days in January with highs in the upper 40’s and 50’s …and now the first week of Feb will have highs in the 50’s and 60’s for a few days. There seems to be no below normal temps in sight.

In terms of the long term climate numbers…by the third week of February the door on winter starts closing fast in our area (CT/NYC/NJ…etc). We know the first week of February is shot for any cold or snow. So now we’re talking the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb for anything left to really happen. After that, with daily mean temps rising and the solar angle increasing, the door on this winter will really start closing fast. Snow that falls in late February is no match for the sun at 40 latitude…it would last only a matter of days.

As the old time weatherman In the Atlantic states say - "by late February, the back of winter is broken". Odds are that the next 3 weeks/20 days or so will tell the tale of the tape on winter 2011/2012.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:15 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,157,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
To be honest…that’s the main point I think a lot of people are missing – bar some crazy change to a extreme pattern (very cold and stormy)….winter 2011/2012 should end up feeling like the 8 week winter – lol. Think about it, we had no snow at all in the Tri-State area in December…a green Christmas…just a single snow in late January/which melted in 48 hrs….many days in January with highs in the upper 40’s and 50’s …and now the first week of Feb will have highs in the 50’s and 60’s for a few days. There seems to be no below normal temps in sight.

In terms of the long term climate numbers…by the third week of February the door on winter starts closing fast in our area (CT/NYC/NJ…etc). We know the first week of February is shot for any cold or snow. So now we’re talking the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb for anything left to really happen. After that, with daily mean temps rising and the solar angle increasing, the door on this winter will really start closing fast. Snow that falls in late February is no match for the sun at 40 latitude…it would last only a matter of days.

As the old time weatherman In the Atlantic states say - "by late February, the back of winter is broken". Odds are that the next 3 weeks/20 days or so will tell the tale of the tape on winter 2011/2012.
Do you have to tell us this every day? We GET IT

Old 02-01-2012, 05:54 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,896,837 times
If every winter here was this mild, I'd be Ct.'s biggest cheerleader!

Old 02-01-2012, 07:23 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,360,931 times
I think winter fans are getting a little testy...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut