Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 08:22 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
Parker's BBQ is opening another location in the Bell's Fork area. It will be beside Wendy's & across from the new Walmart Neighborhood Market on Arlington Blvd. Sign says they are coming in 2016.
I'm surprised they didn't chose the empty corner lot next to Bojangles instead. That must be one ridiculously expensive piece of real estate to still be vacant at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 09:27 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,599,213 times
^ I was looking to see if I could find out how much that lot was, but instead found out that the Kangaroo across the street is for sale. $1.3 mil

Old 04-08-2015, 10:32 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,873 times
Moore's Bar-b-que from New Bern is opening a new restaurant next to the Dollar Tree, across from Sam's Club in Winterville.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:23 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
how many BBQ joints can one city support?

Old 04-08-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
^ I was looking to see if I could find out how much that lot was, but instead found out that the Kangaroo across the street is for sale. $1.3 mil
That Kangaroo has been getting its tail kicked by Sheetz for quite a while, and now has another serious competitor in the Walmart gas station. They ought to tear it down and expand the strip mall next to it. Not much point in someone else purchasing it and keeping it a gas station.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:48 PM

6 posts, read 8,544 times
Don't know about anyone else, but I dread the impending traffic problems near the intersection of Arlington and Fire Tower. A new Wal Mart Neighborhood Market (with REEEALLY dicey entrances imho), a K-5 school going up, and a new Parkers BBQ... yikes!!

Old 04-09-2015, 03:25 PM

107 posts, read 175,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLate View Post
Don't know about anyone else, but I dread the impending traffic problems near the intersection of Arlington and Fire Tower. A new Wal Mart Neighborhood Market (with REEEALLY dicey entrances imho), a K-5 school going up, and a new Parkers BBQ... yikes!!
And a Party Maker is coming next to Walmart Neighborhood Maket, across the street from the new Parker's Barbecue. Was in town today and the traffic is really bad on Arlington at the Walmart entrance. Arlington & Firetower has had a lot of accidents & this will only make it worse.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLate View Post
A new Wal Mart Neighborhood Market (with REEEALLY dicey entrances imho)
You got that right, including trying to come out of the right side of the DD/Baskin Robbins shopping center. They should have hooked up the WM to the Carmike theater lot and installed a traffic light. It's going to be difficult to turn left into either WM entrances, and darn near impossible to turn left going out. But no matter how difficult that left exit will be, morons will attempt it - frequently.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:16 PM

247 posts, read 445,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
Parker's BBQ is opening another location in the Bell's Fork area. It will be beside Wendy's & across from the new Walmart Neighborhood Market on Arlington Blvd. Sign says they are coming in 2016.
Thanks for sharing Cityadvocate on the new developments with Parker's and Party Maker. Any new development coming to Greenville ? And when will construction start on Party Maker?

Old 04-09-2015, 08:15 PM

107 posts, read 175,776 times
I don't know the construction date for Party Maker, but if they plan to open in 2015 it should be pretty soon. Have'nt heard of any other deveopments. A lot of properties have been surveyed recently, which usually means someone has purchased them. The corner lot at Bell's Fork behind the Sonic and the huge lot beside Arby's/ across from the Carmike have been surveyed recently. Also lots near PCC, behind Sheetz and the lot beside the new Lemon Grass building on Fire Tower. Does anyone know anything about these properties?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina