Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2015, 01:09 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times

Advertisements

You can see the parking deck clock tower coming down Dickinson, starting from about 14th St. Of course, that will not be the case once the 10th St bridge is built. Here's a closer view:

The PARK signs aren't that dramatic in person, very proportional to the building.

Except for some minor details, the walkways are pretty much done.

As you can see, there is a small group of teens hanging out up top. There was another small group of college kids on the other side of the top, doing some small-time tailgating. Let's hope this doesn't become the trend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 05:46 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Good God man, it is BBQ!
It's BBQ, chicken and fish. If they're going to be open through the dinner hour then hard plates and real silverware isn't too much to ask is it?

Old 03-16-2015, 06:28 AM

120 posts, read 229,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
Will they be opening in an existing building or a new building? I'm trying to think of where that would be near Sam's Club.

The sign is on an empty lot. So it must be a new building.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:29 AM

120 posts, read 229,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Is that the same Moore's from New Bern? That place is an institution.

It looks like it has the same design... it must be. I've never eaten at one, is it good?

Old 03-16-2015, 06:39 AM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times
the landscaping around the parking deck turned out quite nice.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:57 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,860,939 times
Parking deck really fits in well in that space...I like the diamond G on the Evans St side...hopefully the deck will lead to some business turnover on Evans St, since it has such easy access to the buildings.

Moore's BBQ is considered one of best in ENC, so it should do well. Interesting that Greenville is going to have more options, because all of the recipe's are just a little different. Moore's, Parkers, B's...my only issue with the BBQ places is those that only take cash...I recall getting a huge BBQ order from Parker's awhile back, was like $70 and they didn't take credit/debit cards.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:02 PM

145 posts, read 266,774 times
I'm very impressed with how the walkways turned out. It gives the parking deck more curb appeal and I really like that you can look down one side and see Evans Street. It's going to be amazing to see what kinds of businesses this brings to that area. I feel like it will help lots of the restaurants too because there will be parking that is really close by. Is it free to park in the parking deck and do u have to grab a ticket when you enter? It probably will take a while for people to realize that they can park there now.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:17 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
I'm very impressed with how the walkways turned out. It gives the parking deck more curb appeal and I really like that you can look down one side and see Evans Street. It's going to be amazing to see what kinds of businesses this brings to that area. I feel like it will help lots of the restaurants too because there will be parking that is really close by. Is it free to park in the parking deck and do u have to grab a ticket when you enter? It probably will take a while for people to realize that they can park there now.
It's free for now, as they haven't installed ticket booths yet. Early word is that they won't charge on weekends (and I think maybe nights as well?).

Old 03-17-2015, 07:59 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times

Old 03-17-2015, 02:26 PM

3,084 posts, read 4,860,939 times
That's old Tar River Estates property...so there will be restrictions about what you can put in that park based on the fact it was part of a Federal buyout of floodplain property.

Great spot for a passive riverfront neighborhood park though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina