Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 09:09 PM

13 posts, read 19,185 times

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed the renovations being done to the building on the corner of 10th street and 5th street? It used to be a restaurant called Gilligan's, I believe. I didn't see any signs outside. Anyone have any idea what it might be? Also Excel gym has closed. All of their members memberships have been transferred to Fitness Connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 05:29 AM

247 posts, read 445,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missaj417 View Post
Has anyone noticed the renovations being done to the building on the corner of 10th street and 5th street? It used to be a restaurant called Gilligan's, I believe. I didn't see any signs outside. Anyone have any idea what it might be? Also Excel gym has closed. All of their members memberships have been transferred to Fitness Connection.
I was hesitant in posting this but last night a worker at hwy 55 told me that it was going to be a putt putt for children with arcade games. That's what she was told.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:09 AM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times
^if that ends up being true, it would be awesome. Really need more indoor family entertainment in Greenville.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:05 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPLANNER View Post
Guys, when you find things like this on loopnet it's for the sheer purpose of showing the potential for the site. Lots of developers/companies, nowadays, look for ready to go sites. So, drawing like this and the five pages attached to the listing on loopnet would be carried by the real estate agent (in this case, Jon Day) to expos and to certain developers/companies. There are many different summits, expos and conferences that you would take something like this to show the site's potential. Most larger sites, handled in a proactive way, will have something like this available. Take the site on the corner of Evans and Fire Tower that someone showed a few weeks ago, it is only to show the possibility of the land, to give developers an idea of what could go there- and at this point, there is (typically) no real plan of doing such a development... To give you an example, this is typically how it goes-

A.) For this mixed use site- You call up your developer contacts or companies who build and manage mixed-use sites and say "hey, if you have any interest in Greenville, this would be a great site!

and

B.) You go to expos (find a developer/company who does the type of developments you are looking for at the site, this case mixed use development) and say, have you heard of Greenville, NC? it's growing really quickly! We have a great site for you!!

They may look at it and say :I have actually been looking into the Greenville market for some time, now, and this is a perfect time to have this conversation. We are certainly interested in the site and we need to go punch some numbers. If or when they get serious, typically disregard the proposed drawings for the most part and draw up what works for them. Maybe they just want housing or just want retail...

It is said that the typical deal, that actually goes through, takes on average 3 years- from the first conversation you have with the interested party to the opening of the structure.
That's good info...especially with some of us who speculate on what is going where. Couldn't understand the Evans/Firetower construction if you have space available at old Lowe's Foods off Evans and the redevelopment where Hobby Lobby and an unnamed major tenant is supposed to go off Memorial.

As well, this proposed plan for the 10th/Brownlea site seems to be ill advised considering Taft Wards plans for 10th St and Charles...a much better site for residential AND mixed use....as were the Boundary site and the Dickinson/Reade sites...and possibly the 10th/Evans site...all much closer to ECU.

No need to overbuild on outlying sites when you have prime spots to be redeveloped (Look at that one center in Firetower that sits mostly vacant). Speaking of prime spots...wondering what is the status of a downtown hotel is...kind of thought we would hear something by now, since it was mentioned when the groundbreaking of the parking deck occurred more than a year ago.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:51 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
I was hesitant in posting this but last night a worker at hwy 55 told me that it was going to be a putt putt for children with arcade games. That's what she was told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
^if that ends up being true, it would be awesome. Really need more indoor family entertainment in Greenville.
Would this be an actual Putt-Putt Fun Center from years ago?

Old 09-24-2015, 09:17 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,599,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Would this be an actual Putt-Putt Fun Center from years ago?
I miss our old Putt-Putt. Wilson still has one of the original ones.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:21 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I miss our old Putt-Putt. Wilson still has one of the original ones.
I am surprised it is still around. Many competitors came along and offered more than Putt-Putt. Many Putt-Putt locations closed over the years.

Putt-Putt is opening a location in Asheville. ("Putt-Putt, 450 Weaverville Road, Asheville, North Carolina.')

Old 09-24-2015, 11:01 AM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times
A couple of small things of note: The Boundary has added their signage to the building. I think it looks very nice. I hope this is the new norm for uptown as the parking deck & the Greenville Visitors Center are the same style.

Also - noticed they are tearing down building(s) behind the Starbucks / Subway building on 10th street near campus (beside Sheetz). Not sure if there will be future development planned for that area or if they are just getting rid of dilapidated buildings (which is fine as well).

Old 09-24-2015, 11:40 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I am surprised it is still around. Many competitors came along and offered more than Putt-Putt. Many Putt-Putt locations closed over the years.

Putt-Putt is opening a location in Asheville. ("Putt-Putt, 450 Weaverville Road, Asheville, North Carolina.')
Seven of them in NC...North Asheville one will be the 8th...

Locations | Putt-Putt

Its not a bad idea fro Greenville...and this location is not a bad spot. Wonder if its an actual Putt-Putt...would think if they have a building permit, Putt Putt corporate would have announced it.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:49 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,599,213 times
Does anyone know if the Boundary has had any success leasing the retail spaces yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina