Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 12:59 PM

192 posts, read 281,138 times

Advertisements

Looks Champions gym has FINALLY started construction on Firetower. At least I assume that is who's started building next to the Charter school. It's possible it could be a part of the school's property. I haven't driven by it but there is some very large metal I beams up for a building's frame that look like they could be for Champion. The "coming soon" sign seems like it's been up almost a full year so hopefully it's them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 08:34 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Wouldn't the market be a bit over saturated with sports stores?
What would you consider sports stores? The major sports stores are Academy Sports and Outdoors, Dick's Sporting Goods and Sports Authority. A lesser known chain that is expanding nationwide is Dunham's Sports.

It appears Dick's Sporting Goods #1066, 11 Galleria, 3500 Galleria Drive, Greenville, North Carolina 27834-6923, is the lone major sports store in Greenville.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Academy Sports is only in the Charlotte metro. I don't think they would skip over Triad & Triangle and come here.
I agree. I would expect Academy Sports and Outdoors to expand further across North Carolina very soon.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:22 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
What would you consider sports stores? The major sports stores are Academy Sports and Outdoors, Dick's Sporting Goods and Sports Authority. A lesser known chain that is expanding nationwide is Dunham's Sports.

It appears Dick's Sporting Goods #1066, 11 Galleria, 3500 Galleria Drive, Greenville, North Carolina 27834-6923, is the lone major sports store in Greenville.
Overton's

They are now a division of Gander Mountain

Old 10-05-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Overton's

They are now a division of Gander Mountain
Overton's and Gander Mountain are a step above Academy Sports and Outdoors, Dick's Sporting Goods and Sports Authority and a step below Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's. Academy Sports and Outdoors would provide instant competition for Dick's Sporting Goods.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:27 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
Why on earth would Greenville need another major sports retailer...

It has a Dunham's at the mall. Overton's is across from Target and Dicks is in the Galleria. Then you have smaller Stadium Sports off 14th St near ECU. Not to mention a Play it Again on Greenville Blvd. ext.

What Greenville really needs is a Costco.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:00 AM

277 posts, read 436,275 times
Agreed. Greenville is good on sports stores.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:44 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
I almost found myself alone in thinking Greenville had too many sports stores.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:43 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Reade St & in between E. 5th and 4th streets. It will hold all the student administrative functions around campus..ie: UG Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, Cashiers Office, Veteran Affairs, Graduate School admissions, etc. This building & the new student center will free up a lot of space around main campus. The Hilton Garden Inn (if that is what it ends up being) would be across the street behind Sup Dogs.

I wonder how long the Stop Shop / Sup Dogs building will make it after all this development takes place? That is a good spot that could really be so much better. Sup Dogs just invested in a covered deck so I guess any sort of renovation there would be quite some time down the road.

Also of note, this is the first I've heard of this: The old Bank of America building on 1st street. Heard a rumor today that they were wanting to develop some sort of retirement apartments / community with that area. Not sure if that is legit or not but found it interesting none the less.
Drove by the site yesterday...there is a relatively small parking lot (between 4th and 3rd is much bigger) with a huge drainage gully next to it...some very mature trees surrounding the parking lot.

A building there and a hotel across the street would certainly change that end of downtown...I recall the pedestrian plan called for a pedestrian bridge to cross 5th St at the back of the site...if that is built into the project, students could access the building/parking from campus without ever crossing 5th St and it would forever change the 5th St entrance to ECU. Would love to see some renderings by ECU of this.

Hopefully this is brick and mortar talk and not just "plans". Would think this would be done before the "planned" Alumni Center and "planned" Performing Arts Center.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:23 PM

16 posts, read 25,655 times
WITN is reporting an Audi facility will be built on the corner on Evans street and Red banks with construction to start in the summer of 2016

A local automotive dealership recently celebrated its golden anniversary.
Joe Pecheles originally opened the doors of Joe Pecheles Motors on July 29, 1965 in Greenville with just 13 employees.
Originally a Volkswagon-only dealership, the business was the first in Greenville to sell import brand vehicles.
The business now serves three cities in eastern North Carolina and includes eight brands of vehicles.
The President of Pecheles Automotive, Brian Pecheles, says the family is "honored to have been part of the greater Greenville and eastern North Carolina community for the past 50 years."
The company also announced a new Audi facility will be built on the corner of Evans Street and Red Banks Road in Greenville. Construction is expected to begin around the summer of 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina