Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 03:14 PM

283 posts, read 410,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
No, Jesus didn't have a Carnal Mind. God has a will. Having a will doesn't equate to having a carnal mind.

Paul
Are you just argueing for the sake of argueing? This is the kind of junk that leads to the idea the God makes us sin that satan was made to be satan by God and all that jazz which permiates most of the cults, satan really isn't a bad guy he is actually a loyal servant, RIDICULOUS!!! and certainly not Biblical! The battle between flesh and spirit is a battle of the will to CHOOSE righteousness over wickeness to follow Christ Jesus a bond servant to him and Him alone! The Holy Spirit fills you and guides you not over takes you and replaces your spirit with His other wise there would be no discusion of sinning after salvation. So then when the holy Spirit convicts you and leads you to Salvation you are not made to do so against your will! We are not saved because we have been deemed worthy out of a batch of sinners GEEZE! Carnality is the condition of flesh we have been born of flesh and blood reborn of spirit.

25(A) Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26(B) My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is(C) the strength of my heart and my(D) portion(E) forever.
27For behold, those who are(F) far from you shall perish;
you put an end to everyone who is(G) unfaithful to you.

"The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 03:38 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,159,995 times
Quote:
HotinAz, I believe the carnal mind HATES God. I see no evidence from scriptures that refutes that.

Paul
Really, do you hate Him?

Old 08-09-2009, 03:54 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,041,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
Are you just argueing for the sake of argueing? This is the kind of junk that leads to the idea the God makes us sin that satan was made to be satan by God and all that jazz which permiates most of the cults, satan really isn't a bad guy he is actually a loyal servant, RIDICULOUS!!! and certainly not Biblical! The battle between flesh and spirit is a battle of the will to CHOOSE righteousness over wickeness to follow Christ Jesus a bond servant to him and Him alone! The Holy Spirit fills you and guides you not over takes you and replaces your spirit with His other wise there would be no discusion of sinning after salvation. So then when the holy Spirit convicts you and leads you to Salvation you are not made to do so against your will! We are not saved because we have been deemed worthy out of a batch of sinners GEEZE! Carnality is the condition of flesh we have been born of flesh and blood reborn of spirit.

25(A) Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26(B) My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is(C) the strength of my heart and my(D) portion(E) forever. 27For behold, those who are(F) far from you shall perish;
you put an end to everyone who is(G) unfaithful to you.

"The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
No I don't argue just to argue. God doesn't have to make us sin. We cannot do anything else BUT sin.

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Paul is telling us that the flesh is evil and cannot do what is GOOD. Surely accepting Christ is a GOOD thing. Paul takes no ownership for the GOOD that he does.

Paul

Old 08-09-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Really, do you hate Him?
Yes, I do. I even crucified Him.

Paul

Old 08-09-2009, 05:00 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,159,995 times
Quote:

Paul
Sorry. I do not "hate" Jesus Christ nor do I hate His Father. There is a lot I don't know about Them, and it remains a mystery to me, but to say that I could "hate" is saying to the extreme that I "hate" that which I hardly can even fathom in my carnal brain. In fact, thinking about it, I cannot ever remember a time where I "hated" God. I was mad at Him a couple of times, out of pure selfish reasons, but never to the point of "hatred".

Now, I am in the process of submitting to His Kingdom, and His Laws. This, on the other hand, is where the emnity comes in. Since the only way to truly worship Him is in Spirit and Truth, then it goes without reason that the only way to submit to Him, is spiritual. By submitting in the spiritual, the carnal falls in line. some would say it is a catch 22. But really it isn't. We just don't have a clue on our it is done, and if you do, then the glory is His.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:01 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,521,965 times
its a voluntary program. which is only fair, considering the bad mouthing they get.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:22 PM

63,939 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
We are not saved because we have been deemed worthy out of a batch of sinners GEEZE! Carnality is the condition of flesh we have been born of flesh and blood reborn of spirit.
Not yet reborn of spirit. We are spiritual embryos in the "womb" of a physical brain. That which is born of spirit is spirit . . . we are not yet spirit . . . for it is as the wind and goes unseen as the wind does. We must die physically to be reborn as spirit . . . as Jesus had to do to leave His physical human body and become Spirit . . . the Holy Spirit that is at one with God and remains available to us in the "womb" as part of human consciousness.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:39 PM

136 posts, read 203,943 times
Quote:
We're all clay in the potter's hands, brother.

Paul
True, no one comes to God until he calls, not everyone is called the same time.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Sorry. I do not "hate" Jesus Christ nor do I hate His Father. There is a lot I don't know about Them, and it remains a mystery to me, but to say that I could "hate" is saying to the extreme that I "hate" that which I hardly can even fathom in my carnal brain. In fact, thinking about it, I cannot ever remember a time where I "hated" God. I was mad at Him a couple of times, out of pure selfish reasons, but never to the point of "hatred".

Now, I am in the process of submitting to His Kingdom, and His Laws. This, on the other hand, is where the emnity comes in. Since the only way to truly worship Him is in Spirit and Truth, then it goes without reason that the only way to submit to Him, is spiritual. By submitting in the spiritual, the carnal falls in line. some would say it is a catch 22. But really it isn't. We just don't have a clue on our it is done, and if you do, then the glory is His.
HotinAz, my words regarding HATING Jesus Christ is tough to hear. But that is what I had to learn from God's Word. It took me a long time to understand that. I believe that coming to this understanding of our insignificance and pride and how evil that WE are is part of the process. All of us crucified Jesus Christ. Many will not acknowledge that at this time but we were SUPPOSED to. It was planned that ALL of us be responsible for crucifying Him. He is our Passover Lamb - that we were to kill.

Really HotinAz, research this more. I think you will see that what is happening is that we are all being slayed (our evil spirit (old man of carnal nature) is being destroyed by PUTTING on CHRIST. In other words the nature of Death is Destroyed by LIFE!

Paul

Old 08-09-2009, 08:50 PM

136 posts, read 203,943 times
Quote:

Paul
What brought you to your conclusion you hate Yeshua/Jesus?
I don't believe you hate him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity