Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 02:43 PM

21 posts, read 26,019 times

Advertisements

A Savior: A Person who Rescues another from Harm, Danger or Loss. One who Saves, Preserves or Delivers from Destruction.

What a Savior is Not: A Person who Didn't Rescues another from Harm, Danger or Loss. One who didn't Save, Preserve or Deliver from Destruction.

The Scriptures Declare that Christ is the Savior of the World ( All Men ).

Christ Cannot be the Savior of the World ( All Men ) unless He Saves the World ( All Men ).

One cannot be a Sinner unless He Sins. One cannot be a Car Driver unless He Drives a Car. One cannot be an Actor unless He Acts.
One cannot be a Musician unless He Makes Music etc. Therefore, One cannot be a Savior unless He Saves.

Christ is the Savior of the World ( All Men ) so Logically He Must Save the World ( All Men ) or the Scripture is False and Christ is Not the Savior of the World ( All Men ).

Last edited by Striving4God; 03-08-2010 at 02:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 02:52 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striving4God View Post
A Savior: A Person who Rescues another from Harm, Danger or Loss. One who Saves, Preserves or Delivers from Destruction.

The Scriptures Declare that Christ is the Savior of the World ( All Men ).

Christ Cannot be the Savior of the World ( All Men ) unless He Saves the World ( All Men ).

One cannot be a Sinner unless..........
Jesus the Christ IS the saviour of the world. Infact today here in Atlanta was an awesome day, we hit 70 degrees and I thoroughly enjoyed it so did my Jehovah Witness co-worker and my atheist co-worker. The wonderful weather revitalized me as well as for the unbelievers; God showed no favoritism and for that we have Jesus Christ to thank because without Him we wouldn't be getting such a blessing and so many more. He is truly our saviour.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:58 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Jesus the Christ IS the saviour of the world. Infact today here in Atlanta was an awesome day, we hit 70 degrees and I thoroughly enjoyed it so did my Jehovah Witness co-worker and my atheist co-worker. The wonderful weather revitalized me as well as for the unbelievers and for that we have Jesus Christ to thank because without Him we wouldn't be getting such a blessing and so many more. He is truly our saviour.
How do the three of you get along in the office?

Old 03-08-2010, 03:04 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
How do the three of you get along in the office?
We're civil....it is quite interesting.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:20 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,899 times
Then why the seperation?

2 Corinthians 6:14Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

So let us examine your misapplication of the Gospel message.

John 3: 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God loved the world so much that the offer for salvation is given by the condition of believing in the Son.

John 3:17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Following that verse, we see a broad scope of the power of God in salvation being offered to all, but do you notice the word "might"? And yet still it is through Him. So why the use of the term "might"? We read on...

John 3: 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

So again, the condition is set on how salvation is received and that is by believing in the Son. Jesus goes beyond that to remove all doubts by stating how those that believe not are condemned already for simply not believing in the name of the Son. UR is hereby reproved as a work of darkness.

Why would God save some and not others? Why would He choose to draw some men to the Son and not all men?

John 3: 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 6: 44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So God knows those that will receive Him from those that prefer their evil deeds over Him. He will draw those that will receive Him by opening their eyes and openeing their ears and softening their hearts so they can believe in the Son.

Luke 10:22All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who theSon is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

We know the devil and his fallen angels believe who Jesus Christ is: how come they are not saved? How come, even after being in the pit for a 1000 years in the future, the devil will still sin? Dare we see why the lake of fire exists? And will not death be cast into the lake of fire thus signalling the victory in Christ Jesus?

Isaiah 66: 22For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. 24And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Mark 9: 43And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: 44Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. 45And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: 46Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. 47And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: 48Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Revelation 14:9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 20: 10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 PM

21 posts, read 26,019 times
Enow,

Explain to Me how Christ "IS" the Savior of the World ( All Men ) without Actually Saving it ( Them ) and I will give up Belief in Universal Salvation.

Remember you Cannot be The Savior of Something unless so Actually Save that Something.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:01 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
I believe Enow's scripture refers to the contradiction within our very beings - the war within us.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:14 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: - Acts 17:30

Given the logic of universalists, why aren't all men repenting as God has commanded?

Old 03-08-2010, 04:19 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striving4God View Post
Enow,

Explain to Me how Christ "IS" the Savior of the World ( All Men ) without Actually Saving it ( Them ) and I will give up Belief in Universal Salvation.

Remember you Cannot be The Savior of Something unless so Actually Save that Something.
I did explain this to you.

I do noticed how your OP is lacking verses and even the one I am replying to.

Show the verse that supports exactly what you are saying without taking it out of context.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:22 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: - Acts 17:30

Given the logic of universalists, why aren't all men repenting as God has commanded?
In due time they will, when God leads them to repent (Romans 2:4).

1 Tim 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity