Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:20 AM

5,506 posts, read 7,350,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Respect
ditto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 09:30 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,400,654 times
These type of threads always bring out the freewill vs Gods sovereignty

As if they are at odds with each other.

They are not.

God calls out to us first and we are to respond to that call.

So are we co-saviours with Christ?

You bet we are, because the Head (Jesus Christ) cannot say to the feet (us) I have no need of you.

To say that Christ does not need us is to cut the feet right out of His own body.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:50 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,039,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
These type of threads always bring out the freewill vs Gods sovereignty

As if they are at odds with each other.

They are not.

God calls out to us first and we are to respond to that call.

So are we co-saviours with Christ?

You bet we are, because the Head (Jesus Christ) cannot say to the feet (us) I have no need of you.

To say that Christ does not need us is to cut the feet right out of His own body.
But the calling is His. The response is His. Even though we perform things by our volition doesn't mean that we OWN the will behind that volition.

Paul

Old 08-08-2009, 09:29 PM

5,506 posts, read 7,350,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
But the calling is His. The response is His. Even though we perform things by our volition doesn't mean that we OWN the will behind that volition.

Paul
I would agree that we don't "own" our free will, in that it is our own creation.
It was God's.
But He gave it to us...

Old 08-08-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I would agree that we don't "own" our free will, in that it is our own creation.
It was God's.
But He gave it to us...
No, He still owns it. He owns the copyright to EVERY good work.

Paul

Old 08-09-2009, 06:12 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,400,654 times
Quote:

Paul
No the response is ours, it is our will NOT His, but He works within our will that we might do His works.

He doesn't will for us, but works with our will that we to might will as He wills.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
No the response is ours, it is our will NOT His, but He works within our will that we might do His works.

He doesn't will for us, but works with our will that we to might will as He wills.
Our will? - Our will HATES God, Our will cannnot even be subject to Him. So how can the response be OURS?

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be

See that Pneuma, the carnal mind HATES God.

We may do the responding - but the response isn't ours. We do not OWN the response.

Paul

Old 08-09-2009, 10:17 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,159,012 times
Quote:
Our will? - Our will HATES God, Our will cannnot even be subject to Him. So how can the response be OURS?

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be

See that Pneuma, the carnal mind HATES God.

We may do the responding - but the response isn't ours. We do not OWN the response.

Paul
Quote:
Our will? - Our will HATES God, Our will cannnot even be subject to Him.
Our will hates God? where did you get that from?

Quote:
The carnal mind is set against God, because of the world we live in. If we live in the carnal, then we are enemies of the cross. We see it as foolishness. This is why a new creation must be brought forth out of the old. This is something ONLY GOD can do.

Who here can say they have no sin? If you have sin, then you are an ememy of God. This is cut and dry. Only by repentance, true biblical repentance, can a man walk according to the faith given him, to seek out that which he has not seen. By walking in this faith, we are given a new heart, that walks not according to the flesh, but rather the spirit. The spiritual new man cannot sin. Not for lack of the word 'cannot', but rather that he sees it as so absolutely disgusting in the sight of his God, that the thoughts and actions of the sinner deplore him. Why would he doing anything at ALL, against his first love? This is why he cannot sin.

It is like being married. I have been married for 20 years, this year. I have never committed adultry against my wife, in the flesh. Yet, when times got tough in the first 5 years, other women appealed to my behalf to leave my wife, and instead bond with them. Having entertained the thought, once, I committed this act in my heart. Thankfully, I never fell and broke the covenant that my wife and I made to each other, but still, the heart was deceived. Lust had been birthed, and yet I escaped the sin. I repented of the thought to my wife, confessing what was iin my heart. She realized it was not only me, but her as well, driving a certain wedge between us.

It is the same calling ourselves the Bride of Christ. We say that we are bethrowed to one King, and we act like we never were bethrowed. We commit acts of fornication against our bridegroom. We commit acts of adultry against our bridegroom, by sleeping with the things of this world. You know them, the W-H-O-R-E-S of Babylon, and we are commanded to come out of her, if indeed we are Truly His People. I can hear Him calling. Can you? In Rev 2:18, Jesus is talking to a church that has laid down with the harlot Jezebel. Read it. Who is this Jezebel?

I know my King wants and demands a spotless Bride. What is spotless? What is a white robe? Am I wearing one, or even being fitted for one? Or am I wearing the things of lust that cause the world to see a harlot.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Our will hates God? where did you get that from?

The carnal mind is set against God, because of the world we live in. If we live in the carnal, then we are enemies of the cross. We see it as foolishness. This is why a new creation must be brought forth out of the old. This is something ONLY GOD can do.

Who here can say they have no sin? If you have sin, then you are an ememy of God. This is cut and dry. Only by repentance, true biblical repentance, can a man walk according to the faith given him, to seek out that which he has not seen. By walking in this faith, we are given a new heart, that walks not according to the flesh, but rather the spirit. The spiritual new man cannot sin. Not for lack of the word 'cannot', but rather that he sees it as so absolutely disgusting in the sight of his God, that the thoughts and actions of the sinner deplore him. Why would he doing anything at ALL, against his first love? This is why he cannot sin.

It is like being married. I have been married for 20 years, this year. I have never committed adultry against my wife, in the flesh. Yet, when times got tough in the first 5 years, other women appealed to my behalf to leave my wife, and instead bond with them. Having entertained the thought, once, I committed this act in my heart. Thankfully, I never fell and broke the covenant that my wife and I made to each other, but still, the heart was deceived. Lust had been birthed, and yet I escaped the sin. I repented of the thought to my wife, confessing what was iin my heart. She realized it was not only me, but her as well, driving a certain wedge between us.

It is the same calling ourselves the Bride of Christ. We say that we are bethrowed to one King, and we act like we never were bethrowed. We commit acts of fornication against our bridegroom. We commit acts of adultry against our bridegroom, by sleeping with the things of this world. You know them, the W-H-O-R-E-S of Babylon, and we are commanded to come out of her, if indeed we are Truly His People. I can hear Him calling. Can you? In Rev 2:18, Jesus is talking to a church that has laid down with the harlot Jezebel. Read it. Who is this Jezebel?

I know my King wants and demands a spotless Bride. What is spotless? What is a white robe? Am I wearing one, or even being fitted for one? Or am I wearing the things of lust that cause the world to see a harlot.
HotinAz, you must understand that the reason that we all die is that we are members of the Body of Adam and received his condemnation. So we all have Adam's sin (which is being paid for - that debt is death). We all have Adam's sin (debt) at least until it is paid for. So we all share in that CARNAL nature until the debt is paid. This is why even if we don't sin after Adam's same sin - we still have Adam's sin. If we say we don't have sin we deceive ourselves - but don't confuse this with the fact that we can walk righteously by not practicing sin.

The carnal mind HATES God and we have that carnal mind with us. Therefore, the good we do is not us that does it but Jesus Christ and to Him is the Glory and NOT unto ourselves. If you claim that YOU accept Christ then that would be a GOOD thing and thus if you make the claim that you own that work then you have robbed Christ of His Glory in you.

Paul

Old 08-09-2009, 10:51 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,159,012 times
Quote:
HotinAz, you must understand that the reason that we all die is that we are members of the Body of Adam and received his condemnation. So we all have Adam's sin (which is being paid for - that debt is death). We all have Adam's sin (debt) at least until it is paid for. So we all share in that CARNAL nature until the debt is paid. This is why even if we don't sin after Adam's same sin - we still have Adam's sin. If we say we don't have sin we deceive ourselves - but don't confuse this with the fact that we can walk righteously by not practicing sin.

The carnal mind HATES God and we have that carnal mind with us. Therefore, the good we do is not us that does it but Jesus Christ and to Him is the Glory and NOT unto ourselves. If you claim that YOU accept Christ then that would be a GOOD thing and thus if you make the claim that you own that work then you have robbed Christ of His Glory in you.

Paul
Show me where the carnal mind hates God? I would like to see the verse that says this, because in the days of old, men loved God although they had no access to walk according to the Spirit, because Jesus had yet to come reconcile them back to Father. So show me the verse please, and not using the word enmity because that just means "set against", not hate. Hate is such a strong ugly word.

And I would never take away what Christ did, and ALL the glory is His alone. When we walk according to the spirit, it is actually a new creation at work in us, being twain with Christ, as the head. A marriage, so to speak, like the Word says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity