Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 12:36 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,572,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Imagine if you were getting on an airplane to go to Los Angeles but ended up in Chicago.

You asked the people in Chicago, how did I get here? My ticket was to go to Los Angeles?

What if they told you, what does it matter? You are here aren't you? But, you replied, I really wanted to go to Los Angeles! And they replied, we call Chicago Los Angeles too and Columbus Ohio we call Los Angeles. So what does it matter? You still go to Los Angeles.

No, but I wanted to go to Los Angeles, not Chicago or Columbus. So they give you a new ticket to Los Angeles and you end up in Columbus Ohio.

The bible, at least the King James Version is alot like the above. They called different places by one word "Hell."

They called "Sheol", "Hell."
They called "the grave" Hell.
They called "Gehenna" Hell.
They called "Hades" Hell.
They called "Tartarus" Hell.

Five very different places they named the KJV named the same.

No wonder some Christians can't understand what Hell is.
Interesting logic. You never answered my question. I am not arguing with you just trying to understand you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 12:51 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
You asked me What if I am wrong about Hell not being eternal?

If I am wrong, God cannot be relied on because He never used the word "eternal" with the word "Hell."

If I am wrong, God cannot be right because He said all judgments are during the eons, not beyond the eons.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:39 PM

14,890 posts, read 17,174,505 times
Quote:
The apostle St. Paul says in all things He shall have preeminence & that He has made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile the all things/ the ta pavnte unto Himself.

To Reconcile=

To cause to be friendly again.

To conciliate anew.

To restore to friendship.

To bring back to harmony.

To cause to be no longer at variance.

To bring to acquiescence and quiet submission.

To bring to agreement.

To bring into consonance and accord.

To make compatible.

To call back to fellowship.

To restore to fellowship.

To settle, harmonize and make compatible.

To bring together/ conciliate/ placate/ re-unite/ adjust.

To re-establish a close relationship.

Reconcile= Apokatallasso

Apokatallasso=

To reconcile completely.

To reconcile back again.

To bring back a former state of harmony.

Amen, Birdy. God bless.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:41 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,572,241 times
Quote:

If I am wrong, God cannot be relied on because He never used the word "eternal" with the word "Hell."

If I am wrong, God cannot be right because He said all judgments are during the eons, not beyond the eons.
I am sorry Eusebius but by those words, you are not a Christian. I never said, you are going to hell nor is the reason because you don't believe in hell/ eternal or that you're a universalist, all that is irrelevant because I believe universalist can be Christians but what has led you to this doctrine shows you are not a Christian

Old 05-11-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
We are people of faith and the faith that God has given me shows me in the scriptures that God is agape love . Agape love teaches us to love our enemies, therefore God who knows all things, does not create people knowing with full knowledge that they will burn in an everlasting hell with no hope for salvation. The faith that God has given me tells me that God is not a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. God is just, righteous, holy, merciful, longsuffering, and overcomes evil with good. This faith teaches me that God has all power. No heart is too hard that it cannot be penetrated by the love and power of God. He made all hearts and knows how to reach each and everyone. He has all power. All were under the sentence of sin and death due to Adam and all will be made alive and retored through the last Adam. God Himself works all things according to the counsel of His own will. This faith tells me that evil will not exist forever in eternal hell because God will be all in all, and the power of sin will be annulled, made of no effect. All will be subdued to Him, subjected to Him. This faith tells me that Jesus is to fill all things, He ascended far above the heavens and descended into the lower parts of the earth to fill all things, therefore He will fill whatever is believed to be an everlasting hell. He will be right there. This faith tells me that there is a promise of deliverance for the creation, that God who subjected the creation to futility will deliver it, that all of the earth will worship Him. All flesh will see the salvation of God. God truly is the Savior of all men. No man or power can defeat the purpose of God. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-11-2009 at 01:59 PM..

Old 05-11-2009, 01:51 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,019 times
Quote:

What fundy`s really asking is, what if man is right and God is wrong. What if there really is eternal torment ( because man tells us there is) and God didn`t tell us? What if God truly is going to send children to an eternal fiery pit to be tortured but he didn`t tell us. In other words, what if the church is right and God is wrong? What if man really is more powerful than God ( like the church implies) ,then what?

Old 05-11-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I am sorry Eusebius but by those words, you are not a Christian. I never said, you are going to hell nor is the reason because you don't believe in hell/ eternal or that you're a universalist, all that is irrelevant because I believe universalist can be Christians but what has led you to this doctrine shows you are not a Christian

We believe in God and we believe that He is trustworthy. We believe that He does not lie. Do you, Fundamentalist? Thanks and God bless.

Quote:
What fundy`s really asking is, what if man is right and God is wrong. What if there really is eternal torment ( because man tells us there is) and God didn`t tell us? What if God truly is going to send children to an eternal fiery pit to be tortured but he didn`t tell us. In other words, what if the church is right and God is wrong? What if man really is more powerful than God ( like the church implies) ,then what?
Amen. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-11-2009 at 02:01 PM..

Old 05-11-2009, 02:03 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am sorry Eusebius but by those words, you are not a Christian.
You mean, your kind of christian.

Quote:
what has led you to this doctrine shows you are not a Christian
You mean , your kind of christian

Old 05-11-2009, 02:16 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Well, if it takes believing hell is eternal to be a "Christian" then I, happily, am not a "Christian."

If it takes believing the judgments go beyond the eons to be a "Christian" then I, happily am not a "Christian."

A "Christian" today is paganized with all sorts of unscriptural beliefs.

I am a believer, not a "Christian."

Old 05-11-2009, 02:31 PM

283 posts, read 409,841 times
Quote:
Well, if it takes believing hell is eternal to be a "Christian" then I, happily, am not a "Christian."

If it takes believing the judgments go beyond the eons to be a "Christian" then I, happily am not a "Christian."

A "Christian" today is paganized with all sorts of unscriptural beliefs.

I am a believer, not a "Christian."
[SIZE=3]Two questions, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]What beliefs other than the one that is repeated by you over and over again have been paganized (not my word yoursJ)?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]What is the difference in eons or ages to your belief?[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity