Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:49 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Cheers!
For tomorrow you die...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 07:50 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Zoroastrians were the first ones to suggest Momo-Theism and it is where the Magi came from...Magi were the Priests of Zoroastrianism...

This, I know. And, I think you meant "monotheism."

Do you have any idea what you are going to be doing for eternity? Do you know for what purpose you were elected, if you even are? The disciples didn't even know if they were, Richard. We are getting ahead of ourselves, perhaps.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Stay in the context of the OP. It was a hypothetical that you could "give up" your salvation in order to save a loved one or someone else.
But it is a foolish question...

Old 10-14-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
This, I know. And, I think you meant "monotheism."

Do you have any idea what you are going to be doing for eternity? Do you know for what purpose you were elected, if you even are? The disciples didn't even know if they were, Richard. We are getting ahead of ourselves, perhaps.
I can only believe in Christ if i am Elected and i can only call Him Lord if i am Elected, for by being Elected i have been regenerated by God...

Old 10-14-2010, 08:10 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,896 times
Quote:
I can only believe in Christ if i am Elected and i can only call Him Lord if i am Elected, for by being Elected i have been regenerated by God...

Sigh. Nevermind.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
You should come second...your father should be first in her life right after God...It is what it is...
To be honest with you - I don't keep a love order list. I love who I love and as much as I can. And I'm not a Christian - so I'm not required to keep a love order list.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:15 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
By elected do you mean CHOSEN by God? I'm curious between the interplay between us choosing and God choosing. What precisely does Christ mean when he says, 'many are called but few are chosen.' Does that mean that when some accepts Christ it's because God extends his hand and effectively chooses them? Because the Spirit can only enter those whom it chooses to enter. I imagine, then, that our sinfulness decides whether God chooses us or not. The question then becomes where does the responsibility lie for our sinfulness.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
By elected do you mean CHOSEN by God? I'm curious between the interplay between us choosing and God choosing. What precisely does Christ mean when he says, 'many are called but few are chosen.' Does that mean that when some accepts Christ it's because God extends his hand and effectively chooses them? Because the Spirit can only enter those whom it chooses to enter. I imagine, then, that our sinfulness decides whether God chooses us or not. The question then becomes where does the responsibility lie for our sinfulness.
If a man dies, shall he live again?

A) The teachings of Calvin is that God chooses (selected) certain individuals for salvation without reference to their faith or works; everyone else is eternally damned or tormented.

B) The teachings of Arminius and others, is that God chooses (selects) for salvation those who, by grace, persevere in faith and works; everyone else is eternally damned or tormented.

C) The teachings of the Scriptures, is that God chooses (selects) a few, who have overcome A and B for the work of Christ; everyone will be delivered from the penalty of sin,
and come to the full knowledge of truth, which is in Christ Jesus.

"All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come."

Old 10-15-2010, 12:40 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,462 times
Quote:
No, you should put your husband before your children, but after God of course...
Where did I say I would put my children before my husband? I didn't. I grew up in a family where my mother put me before my father and I HATED it. Their marriage suffered greatly and I vowed to never do that. Of course a spouse should be after God, but before a child. This really has nothing to do with the OP though.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If a man dies, shall he live again?

A) The teachings of Calvin is that God chooses (selected) certain individuals for salvation without reference to their faith or works; everyone else is eternally damned or tormented.

B) The teachings of Arminius and others, is that God chooses (selects) for salvation those who, by grace, persevere in faith and works; everyone else is eternally damned or tormented.

C) The teachings of the Scriptures, is that God chooses (selects) a few, who have overcome A and B for the work of Christ; everyone will be delivered from the penalty of sin,
and come to the full knowledge of truth, which is in Christ Jesus.

"All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come."
Not even close...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity