Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 02:58 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,441,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
How are the saints going to judge the world???

Which world? The covenantal world (κόσμος) of the Jews.

Read:

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 03:02 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,199,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post

Read:

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The "sea" will rejoice one day.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:22 PM

595 posts, read 762,733 times
Jesus already did die for all of us. He made the way for all who believe in Him to live eternally. I, Mike or anyone else is not an acceptable sacrifice for a human life. Jesus is the only One God will and has accepted.
Jesus is the only One who was, is and always will be, morally and spiritually pure. Internal, Eternal Holiness to carry out the work of God. He is the One who purchased men for God.
Revelation 5:9
And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.

Revelation 14:4
These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.

Yes Mr5150 and CantWait2Leave, God is First. We cannot be accountable for another's unbelief or sin and we cannot die for another, to enter eternity. We cannot even buy this with our own life for another.
Besides, I myself trust God completely to bring my children into His everlasting Kingdom.

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 10-14-2010, 06:45 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,116,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
In that verse he was refering to the children...
Yes I know that. But there's another parallel verse, 'woe to the one who sin comes through' (I'm not quoting verbatim) which has the same basic meaning.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:12 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,071,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Sorry but that sounds like a very stuck up self important Jesus to me. It's not the Jesus I know. The scripture you quote has the self-important tainting of man and some man's ego who re-wrote Jesus' words to fit some self absorbed agenda.

Those are not the sentiments of a prophet that Christians proclaim to be all loving.
Another person making God in there own image...

Old 10-14-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Oh really?
So loving my daughter more than anything is a definite problem? I live each day thanking God for her life. We appreciate the beauty and magnificence of life every day. We have reason to. What we are not doing is waiting for the "after life" to appreciate life and give thanks. I believe in God, but not in the way you do. I am loving life today. God gave me the greatest gift of my life, my daughter. I cherish the day, everyday.

Those who choose to believe that Jesus will not accept/save you from "hell" simply because you choose to love your family first and foremost are free to have that belief. I'm not one to tell you otherwise.

I'm just a simple, happy, thankful soul who lives in the moment. I don't put my heart and life and focus on what will happen the day I die. I focus on the gifts I have today. God given gifts. I think God is happy that I appreciate what he has given me today. Because the Jesus I beleive in is self-less like that, not self centered.
Eat, Drink and be Merry...

Old 10-14-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes I know that. But there's another parallel verse, 'woe to the one who sin comes through' (I'm not quoting verbatim) which has the same basic meaning.
And that one was talking about the betrayer of Christ...

Old 10-14-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Jesus already did die for all of us. He made the way for all who believe in Him to live eternally. I, Mike or anyone else is not an acceptable sacrifice for a human life. Jesus is the only One God will and has accepted.
Jesus is the only One who was, is and always will be, morally and spiritually pure. Internal, Eternal Holiness to carry out the work of God. He is the One who purchased men for God.
Revelation 5:9
And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.

Revelation 14:4
These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.

Yes Mr5150 and CantWait2Leave, God is First. We cannot be accountable for another's unbelief or sin and we cannot die for another, to enter eternity. We cannot even buy this with our own life for another.
Besides, I myself trust God completely to bring my children into His everlasting Kingdom.

God Bless,
Mercy
Jesus came for the Elect only...

Old 10-14-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post

Read:

Who was He talking about?...

Old 10-14-2010, 07:26 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,840,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Eat, Drink and be Merry...
Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity