Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,500,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. The fire which comes down from out of heaven in Revelation 20:9 at the end of the Millennium does not create the lake of fire. As per Revelation 19:20, the beast and the false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire at the beginning of the Millennium, a thousand years prior to the Gog and Magog revolution which is mentioned in Revelation 20:7-9 in which the rebels are destroyed by fire from heaven in much the same manner as Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by fire from heaven.

Although Hades is in the bowels of the earth, the location of the lake of fire is not given.

Those who have believed in Christ will in eternity have no more pain, sorrow, suffering, or tears. For those members of the human race who died having rejected Christ as Savior, it will be a different story. Theirs will be an eternal future of torment, suffering, hopelessness, ruin and uselessness, separated from God who had offered them eternal salvation. God has promised that both situations will be true, and that guarantees the truthfulness of the matter.
Hosea 4:12
My people collectively consult their thick cluster of vertical objects (idols), and their ruling powers of authority (those who hold the diviners' wand)
informs them; For a Spirit of prostitution has led them astray, And they have played the Harlot, withdrawing from the true SPIRIT.

"Hades is in the inward or interior parts of the human mind; the seat of various emotions."

Some days, it feels like a thousand years.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 10:48 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,641,287 times
Quote:
I would not trade my eternal salvation for anyone.
I am not surprised. At all.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post

This is faulty hermeneutics.
And, of course, ALL the prophets and apostles said from the beginning: "Above all things - avoid faulty hermeneutics".

Old 10-13-2010, 10:56 PM

33,392 posts, read 26,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Most of them did not actively reject Christ. I always hear how they 'rejected Christ' as if they spat on him when the majority simply failed to accept or didn't even know about Christ.
Failing to accept Christ is rejection of Christ. Failure to seek God when at the point of God consciousness one becomes aware of the concept of a Supreme being leaves one without excuse.

Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. 18] BUT I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have: ''THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD.''

Romans 10:18 is a quotation of Psalms 19:4.

Psalms 19:1 THE heavens are telling of the glory of God: And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. 2] Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge. 3] There is no speech, nor are there words where their voice is not heard. 4] Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their utterances to the end of the world. In them He has placed a tent for the sun,

God's creation reveals His existence. Failure to desire to know God means that God is not obligated to get the gospel message to those who reject Him. Those who desire to know God will have the opportunity to hear the gospel so that they may learn of Christ. You may ask, what about geographically isolated areas? My answer is; Is anything to difficult for God?

In rejecting Jesus Christ as Savior, ALL ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE!!!

Old 10-13-2010, 11:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,303,974 times
Quote:
Failing to accept Christ is rejection of Christ. Failure to seek God when at the point of God consciousness one becomes aware of the concept of a Supreme being leaves one without excuse.

Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. 18] BUT I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have: ''THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD.''

Psalms 19:1 THE heavens are telling of the glory of God: And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. 2] Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge. 3] There is no speech, nor are there words where their voice is not heard. 4] Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their utterances to the end of the world. In them He has placed a tent for the sun,

God's creation reveals His existence. Failure to desire to know God means that God is not obligated to get the gospel message to those who reject Him. Those who desire to know God will have the opportunity to hear the gospel so that they may learn of Christ. You may ask, what about geographically isolated areas? My answer is; Is anything to difficult for God?

I agree with you there, Mike, but also remember what might seem easy for a firm believer might not be as easy for someone naturally inclined to be skeptical, for instance.

Also

Old 10-13-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Hosea 4:12
My people collectively consult their thick cluster of vertical objects (idols), and their ruling powers of authority (those who hold the diviners' wand)
informs them; For a Spirit of prostitution has led them astray, And they have played the Harlot, withdrawing from the true SPIRIT.

"Hades is in the inward or interior parts of the human mind; the seat of various emotions."

Some days, it feels like a thousand years.

No, Hades is not in the human mind. But you go right on believing that. You go right on allegorizing the Bible so that you can make it mean whatever you want it to mean and avoid having to face the truth.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:14 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,303,974 times
Quote:

I agree with you there, Mike, but also remember what might seem easy for a firm believer might not be as easy for someone naturally inclined to be skeptical, for instance.

Also I don't see why the punishment has to be infinitely bad. You have to agree on some level being born kind of sucks, doesn't it. Especially as the road to life is so narrow. Jesus even agrees when he says if you cause others to sin it would be better if you had never been born.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

Also I don't see why the punishment has to be infinitely bad. You have to agree on some level being born kind of sucks, doesn't it. Especially as the road to life is so narrow. Jesus even agrees when he says if you cause others to sin it would be better if you had never been born.
That does not absolve anyone of their responsibility to make the right choice concerning Christ. The more one has been exposed to the truth and rejected it, the greater will be his eternal suffering in the lake of fire.

Since those who reject Christ continue to live forever away from the presence of the Lord - the second death - spiritual death perpetuated forever in the lake of fire, their suffering will also continue forever.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
their suffering will also continue forever.
For what purpose?

Old 10-13-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
For what purpose?
The soul is immortal. It does not die (Matthew 10:28). When the unbeliever's soul rejoins his body when it is resurrected at the end of the Millennium, he is sent into the lake of fire where he will reside forever (Revelation 20:11-15).

Man owes God perfect righteousness. Man cannot meet that requirement. Therefore, the Second Person of the trinity became a perfect man who could meet that requirement qualifying Him to pay the penalty for man's sins. Anyone who rejects Christ as Savior must stand on his own relative righteousness which God must reject. Since the unbeliever will continue to exist forever, his suffering and torment which will be the natural consequences of eternal existence separated from God, in addition to being in the presence of the countless other people who have rejected Christ, all of whom will be suffering, and the fire, and the hopelessness of his situation, will result in eternal torment. He will have brought it all upon himself.

In Matthew 10:28, the word translated as 'destroy' is the Greek word Apollumi, and does not mean cessation of existence. It does not mean the loss of being. It means the loss of 'well-being'. It means to be brought to a state of utter ruin and eternal uselessness in the place of everlasting torment where there will be 'weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:42,50).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity