Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 05:33 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,215,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
richard, can you tell me what these verses mean? Especially, the first one?

"have we not all one father? Hath not one god created us?" mal. 2:10

talking to the jews here...

"behold, all souls are mine," saith the lord. "as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine." ezek. 18:4

there is a metaphorical meaning there...figure it out...

"ask of me, and i will give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession." psalms 2:8

who was the song speaking to?....

"the father loveth the son, and hath given all things into his hand." john 3:35>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him." john 17:2

so, how many has been given to him?....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 05:35 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,218,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post

The answer, which you did not read, is ALL. ALL has been given the son. And, please tell me what the first verse means.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:44 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,215,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You must have lost a bundle on that bet.

Speaking ancient greek has nothing to do with understanding context and usage of a word in that language. That is a false appeal to authority, of which you do not have in the first place.
You mean to say that you yourself do not have it...And yea, speaking does include understanding of context and usage...It is an appeal to nothing...it is a fact that your research is done like that of the foks at the gaychurch.org...in which they stretch and fluff words until they say what they want to see it say...So the words and there meanings will justify their lifestyle...

Old 10-15-2010, 05:52 PM

5,926 posts, read 6,976,207 times
Quote:
You mean to say that you yourself do not have it.
Have what? The ability to pronounce words, sure I do, so what, it doesn't mean a thing concerning understanding them.

Quote:

..And yea, speaking does include understanding of context and usage...It is an appeal to nothing...
You are getting ahead of yourself. Knowing context and usage is not affected by speaking the word, at all.

Quote:
it is a fact that your research is done like that of the foks at the gaychurch.org...in which they stretch and fluff words until they say what they want to see it say...So the words and there meanings will justify their lifestyle...
Actually if you cannot understand the contextual difference when applying the definition of thelo to Gods will and mans will, your ability to speak the word thelo has nothing to do with what it means when that word is applied.

Your ability to recognize a word in ancient greek and pronounce it has absolutely nothing to do with understanding it's meaning. That is just how it is.

A deaf and mute person doesn't even have the ability to speak any language, but that does not prevent them from understanding how to use a word and what it means when that word is used in a certain context.

If that person suddenly was healed and learned to speak the words they came to understand, that ability to speak would not change one meaning of any word they learned.

That's the facts.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:01 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,175,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Say you could rewind time, and make it so your unbelieving son or daughter 'found the light' and got into Heaven instead of you - but it could only happen if you told God you wanted it to happen. You'd suffer in hell for eternity, but either way you'd still be on a different side of the gulf. I bet most people will say 'no' because, they will say, they love God more than their child (and the point of this thread is not to say there's anything wrong with that) and being with the Lord is more important. But, the catch is, if you chose not to go through with it you'd be mentally tormented by the fact your child was in excruciating pain in some 'lake of fire' for ever (God wouldn't wipe away any tears or wipe your memory). Would you still do it? And what's say God gives you a third option, that he just snuffs you out and niether of you would get to Heaven. Would you rather this third option rather than have your own flesh and blood being poked by demons (to use a cartoonish metaphor) and despairing in some spiritual darkness even if you got to go to Heaven?

And what about if we took it further, what about a village of starving African villagers? Would you undergo this punishment so this village of 200 can escape being damned? What about 2,000, 200,000 people? Would anything be worth the sacrifice for you?
Nope. Nothing will again seperate me from my God and my King, ever. My kids are taught the things concerning God and His Son through His Word, so their fate isbetween them and God. And I do not believe that the villagers are automatically damned if they lead good moral lives according to the Law written on their hearts.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:39 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,218,475 times
Quote:

Malachi 2:10. Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us?

BECAUSE

Acts 17:26 From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Colossians 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

Acts 17:24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

I Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:18 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,213,307 times
I agree because its a mott pont. W do not have the choice. It si gosd who decides who is allowed into heven. But I don't see the point anyway becasue heaven would not be heaven if he allowed it.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:00 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,647,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Stop thinking in terms of a purpose
Why? Because there is no purpose. And it serves no purpose, except to fill the expectation of of dark age theological mythology.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:59 PM

33,424 posts, read 26,779,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Why? Because there is no purpose. And it serves no purpose, except to fill the expectation of of dark age theological mythology.
Readers may refer back to post #124.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:04 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,799,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Say you could rewind time, and make it so your unbelieving son or daughter 'found the light' and got into Heaven instead of you - but it could only happen if you told God you wanted it to happen. You'd suffer in hell for eternity, but either way you'd still be on a different side of the gulf. I bet most people will say 'no' because, they will say, they love God more than their child (and the point of this thread is not to say there's anything wrong with that) and being with the Lord is more important. But, the catch is, if you chose not to go through with it you'd be mentally tormented by the fact your child was in excruciating pain in some 'lake of fire' for ever (God wouldn't wipe away any tears or wipe your memory). Would you still do it? And what's say God gives you a third option, that he just snuffs you out and niether of you would get to Heaven. Would you rather this third option rather than have your own flesh and blood being poked by demons (to use a cartoonish metaphor) and despairing in some spiritual darkness even if you got to go to Heaven?

And what about if we took it further, what about a village of starving African villagers? Would you undergo this punishment so this village of 200 can escape being damned? What about 2,000, 200,000 people? Would anything be worth the sacrifice for you?

I would sacrifice myself for my child or for the villagers you mention. No problem here with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity