Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 01:28 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,629,753 times

Advertisements

Thank heavens I don't even have to imagine this scenario because God is able and will save ALL people.

It's a shame that anyone would even feel like they have to put this kind of thing out there to frighten and shame others because it just will not be the case in any way, shape or form. For one, God would never make a person choose an ET hell to save others that they love or don't know, and secondly all will be reconciled to God so there will be no question as to who goes where. There is NO "eternal hell", and it's my sincere hope and desire that all will understand this and stop with the "what if's" and rejoice in the fact that Jesus Christ's death was not in vain, He in fact died for ALL of us and that sacrifice was enough to save us ALL.

1 Timothy 2:3-5

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 03:24 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,356,990 times
Would you give up your place in heaven for your child?

Wouldn't it be simpler to just stop believing in a God that would make you choose such a thing? Isn't life filled with enough tough decisions already? Anyways, I'd give up "heaven" (and the God that is associated with this alleged place in the sky). My child is my "heaven". Nuff said...

Old 10-17-2010, 05:35 AM

9,692 posts, read 10,030,708 times
There is plenty of room for all people to go to Heaven to be with the Lord , if people turn their back on the Lord then They will be Judged by what they do in their life time. We do not have to be manipulated in the heart to give up our salvation for anybody , we are called to reject others who stand in our way before the Lord Jesus and pray for 100 percent fold when we reject those who stand against us to our salvation......

Old 10-17-2010, 07:11 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,059,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Thank heavens I don't even have to imagine this scenario because God is able and will save ALL people.

It's a shame that anyone would even feel like they have to put this kind of thing out there to frighten and shame others because it just will not be the case in any way, shape or form. For one, God would never make a person choose an ET hell to save others that they love or don't know, and secondly all will be reconciled to God so there will be no question as to who goes where. There is NO "eternal hell", and it's my sincere hope and desire that all will understand this and stop with the "what if's" and rejoice in the fact that Jesus Christ's death was not in vain, He in fact died for ALL of us and that sacrifice was enough to save us ALL.

1 Timothy 2:3-5

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
I get so tired of seeing that single verse quoted over and over and over again as a means to support UR...I have yet to see one of you Systematically prove, from scripture only, your theories...

Old 10-17-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Have what? The ability to pronounce words, sure I do, so what, it doesn't mean a thing concerning understanding them.

You are getting ahead of yourself. Knowing context and usage is not affected by speaking the word, at all.

Actually if you cannot understand the contextual difference when applying the definition of thelo to Gods will and mans will, your ability to speak the word thelo has nothing to do with what it means when that word is applied.

Your ability to recognize a word in ancient greek and pronounce it has absolutely nothing to do with understanding it's meaning. That is just how it is.

A deaf and mute person doesn't even have the ability to speak any language, but that does not prevent them from understanding how to use a word and what it means when that word is used in a certain context.

If that person suddenly was healed and learned to speak the words they came to understand, that ability to speak would not change one meaning of any word they learned.

That's the facts.
Actually thelo is greek for to want or to desire...As anyone knows just because you want or desire something does not mean you will get it...And if you connect that idea with the doctrine of the Elect, you would understand that it is speaking regarding the Elect which God has chosen for the writer is speaking to believers not unbelievers...How would you spin this 'Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?'...I think i will continue to quote this verse to support my idea that we are all gods...even more, i will create a whole doctrine around that one verse and call it Universal Egotheism...

Last edited by Richard1965; 10-17-2010 at 08:15 AM..

Old 10-17-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I get so tired of seeing that single verse quoted over and over and over again as a means to support UR...I have yet to see one of you Systematically prove, from scripture only, your theories...
You being of sick of it does not change the verse or it's meaning.....it just shows that you are sick of not being able to disprove what it says. And UR HAS BEEN proven through scripture, you just refuse to accept it.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Would you give up your place in heaven for your child?

Wouldn't it be simpler to just stop believing in a God that would make you choose such a thing? Isn't life filled with enough tough decisions already? Anyways, I'd give up "heaven" (and the God that is associated with this alleged place in the sky). My child is my "heaven". Nuff said...
That's just it.....GOD would never ask someone to do such a thing......this is a completely ludicrous thread and it's a dumb question. ALL will be saved so there will be no ridiculous choices like this.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Richard

Isaiah 55 verse 11 tells us God's word accomplishes what He desires and achieves the purpose it is sent out for.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Malachi 2:10. Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us?

BECAUSE

Acts 17:26 From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Colossians 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

Acts 17:24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

I Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
Mal 2:1 And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.
Mal 2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
Mal 2:3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.
Mal 2:4 And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 2:5 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
Mal 2:6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.
Mal 2:7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.
Mal 2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 2:9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.
Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?
Mal 2:11 Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.
Mal 2:12 The LORD will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the LORD of hosts.
Mal 2:13 And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that he regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand.
Mal 2:14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.
Mal 2:15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.
Mal 2:16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.
Mal 2:17 Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?

You take a verse out of context...this whole chapter is talking to the Levite Priests and the 'one father' segment you quote is talking about Abraham, it is not talking about God as you assume it is because of the next sentence...these are two seprate ideas...And even if they were not, it still is speaking to the Levites and Jews regarding themselves, not the whole world, you have to understand how the Jews regarded themselves and the rest of the world (Gentiles)...And the rest of those verses do not support your idealogy...nor your theology...Sorry...you are not very systematic about your approach...

Old 10-17-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Richard

Isaiah 55 verse 11 tells us God's word accomplishes what He desires and achieves the purpose it is sent out for.
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. Joh 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
Joh 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
Joh 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

God's word either convicts or condemns...This is the purpose to draw theose He has chosen to Himself through Christ or to condemn those He has passed over so that they have no excuse...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity