Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,651,845 times

Advertisements

Saw a Publix billboard on Brookshire the other day near the JFG sign - they're whetting our appetites! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM

714 posts, read 2,305,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
Errrr??? Elaborate please. I had not heard this yet, but YAAAYYYYYYYY!!
Do you know where Providence Rd West (not south, my bad) & 521/Johnston meet? There's a brand new Walgreen's there. There's also a sign that says "Publix Coming Soon".

Here's the Walgreens location w/a map: http://www.walgreens.com/storelocato...jsp?stnum=9184

Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,367,900 times
OOOOhhhhhh, I knew about that one. Booo, I thought you meant it was on Providence rd S (was picturing south of new town

Oh well, guess I'll have to retract my excited text message to the husband! LOL

Old 01-23-2013, 12:02 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,016,782 times
I haven't seen any announcements about a possible Publix in Mint Hill, but I saw some notice that Stiles Corp is seeking a building permit across Highway 51 from the Mint Hill Harris Teeter. Stiles Corp is a "preferred developer" for Publix.

From http://www.minthilltimes.com/2013/01...n-development/

Quote:
Isaacs, along with Scott McClaren, of the Stiles Foundation, presented the board with preliminary plans for Mint Hill Commons, an upscale grocery shopping complex to be located on Hwy. 51, directly across from Jimmie’s Restaurant and Harris Teeter.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:35 PM

714 posts, read 2,305,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
OOOOhhhhhh, I knew about that one. Booo, I thought you meant it was on Providence rd S (was picturing south of new town

Oh well, guess I'll have to retract my excited text message to the husband! LOL
So sorry! I am not good with street names.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:33 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp328 View Post
No disrespect intended, but buying mojo criollo at HT or Publix is like buying tacos at Taco Bell. Why not just go to Compare Foods and buy the real authentic stuff instead of the watered down version?
Well that has ONLY been for about the past 10 years, which I guess seems like eons when you aren't Hispanic. I moved here from Miami in 1986 and had to have gallons of Mojo Criollo brought to me by FedEx or UPS...back then it cost me $8 for the 4 gallons of Mojo and $40. for the transport, bit I couldn't cook nor eat without it. Actually, the old Bi-Lo, that came to E.Independence stocked the very first Mojo in Charlotte and it quickly spread to the other grocery chains, by demand.
Public has been a part of my family life since the 1960s...and they ALWAYS made taking the groceries to the car part of their gig. I thought it odd as a youngster, but now, at 60 and half titanium, I enjoy it being done for me. I hope I live to see Harris Teeter SELL and run! I surly wrote my share of letters and emails trying to get Public in NC.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
I couldn't figure which Publix thread to stick this in but this is one for Ballantyne.

Florida-based Publix broke ground on its first North Carolina store in south Charlotte on Thursday, but executives remained quiet about the possibility it could buy Matthews-based rival Harris Teeter.
Publix breaks ground, downplaying idea of buying Harris Teeter | CharlotteObserver.com

Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
I haven't seen any announcements about a possible Publix in Mint Hill, but I saw some notice that Stiles Corp is seeking a building permit across Highway 51 from the Mint Hill Harris Teeter. Stiles Corp is a "preferred developer" for Publix.

From Mint Hill Board of Commissioners hears plans on development | The Mint Hill Times
Just saw they had another meeting about this earlier this month.

Residents hear from developers on proposed shopping center | The Mint Hill Times

Interesting quote: "I don’t think it’s any secret perhaps who is entering into this market and who we are developing for,” said McLaren. “However at this point in time, the early stages, we’re not allowed to discuss it in open forum.”

Old 04-22-2013, 05:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Rumors are circulating in Gastonia. Several undeveloped sites in the vicinity of South New Hope, Hudson and Hoffman roads have been whispered as its potential destinations and 15-acre tract is on the intersection’s northeast corner, across from the Hoffman Village shopping center. Those murmurs come from players close to the Gaston real estate scene.

Could Publix enter Gaston's grocery store war? - Gaston Gazette

Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Rumors are circulating in Gastonia. Several undeveloped sites in the vicinity of South New Hope, Hudson and Hoffman roads have been whispered as its potential destinations and 15-acre tract is on the intersection’s northeast corner, across from the Hoffman Village shopping center. Those murmurs come from players close to the Gaston real estate scene.

Could Publix enter Gaston's grocery store war? - Gaston Gazette
I have no doubt that they will be going into Gastonia, Sunny. One of the SC posters in a previous thread posted that they were looking at Gastonia & Kings Mountain. Ingles & Publix play well together in Upstate SC. My guess is that Bob Ingle II is doing infill in the Upstate area while Publix chooses a spot in Gastonia. If Publix goes into the SE corner of Gastonia, my guess is that Ingles will go after the area on Garrison Blvd that once had 2 Parkdale mills, given that that plot of land is very large (22+ acres+) & is in proximity to the old Loray Mill, which will have several hundred residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte