Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 01:38 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshinodalp View Post
Are you in Charlotte? Patel brothers
Heading there this week! Look at this recipe . . . can it get any easier? Nom nom.

Recipe Crock Pot Chicken Vindaloo

This is the store where I found the wonderful naan! And spices! Definitely going back there. Mangoes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 01:39 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,024,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, maybe I hit it on an "out" day. I will just call and ask if they do ordinarily stock it. I love making Cuban sandwiches and that bread really is different enough (the texture, it seems) from italian/french loaves that I would seek it out.
FYI they make 2 types of Cuban Bread, look for the bread in the white paper, that is the better kind.

Publix Bakery, Deli & Meat, that is what they are know for.

Other than a couple of specialty items do not care for the rest of the store, I just like the customer service they provide.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:41 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,024,540 times
Quote:
I am assuming you have to order these ahead . . . but look at that list of cakes. OMG.

Food & Entertaining - Publix Bakery Selections - Decadent Desserts

This list has me convinced that the next time I need a cake for a get together, I am going to be ordering it from Publix. I bet that is one of the things that folks go nuts about in re: to Publix bakery.
I had the Dulce de Leche Torte on Saturday, it was fantastic.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
I had the Dulce de Leche Torte on Saturday, it was fantastic.
I was looking at that very item when I posted earlier! I bet it was delicious . . . oh, I am craving it right now with a good cup of coffee!

I think I have figured out what it is about the Bakery that has people raving about Publix!

Old 06-18-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
LOL, there must be a minimum of 6 brands of the hot cherry peppers in the Delaware Valley. Most people use them for hoagie-like sandwiches, if they don't buy a hoagie. Cento is the best seller, there. But the San Del is from B&G, who Ingles also carry, so they carry the one brand & their product placement makes not a whit of sense to me, but I found it & it's better than not getting any.

When you can free up time, you really do need to try my Ingles. You might find a one stop source for a lot of items that you hunt for. It's a blend of Southern, Midwestern & MidAtlantic.
SB - I forgot to mention that I did stop in on the way to Boone about 6 weeks or so ago! Hubby kept doggie in car and I ran in and looked around and picked up a few things to take to the mountains. I had to run in and out but I got a general impression of the store and items available and was very impressed! Beautiful store, well laid out -- and I could have stayed there for 2 hours, happily!

Maybe next time I will be alone and can take my time and really scope out the store. I will let you know - maybe we could meet for coffee.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:13 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
SB - I forgot to mention that I did stop in on the way to Boone about 6 weeks or so ago! Hubby kept doggie in car and I ran in and looked around and picked up a few things to take to the mountains. I had to run in and out but I got a general impression of the store and items available and was very impressed! Beautiful store, well laid out -- and I could have stayed there for 2 hours, happily!

Maybe next time I will be alone and can take my time and really scope out the store. I will let you know - maybe we could meet for coffee.
I'm so glad that you finally made it, Ani.

I have no hallucination that it's convenient for people living in Charlotte, unless it's combined with a trip to Lake Lure, but if you can get a bunch of stuff under one roof, it does have a plus. I do believe that many posters on here would be shocked to see what we have out here. (& they compete with Food Lion)

If you come back, let me know & if I can I'll be happy to meet up with you.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I'm so glad that you finally made it, Ani.

I have no hallucination that it's convenient for people living in Charlotte, unless it's combined with a trip to Lake Lure, but if you can get a bunch of stuff under one roof, it does have a plus. I do believe that many posters on here would be shocked to see what we have out here. (& they compete with Food Lion)

If you come back, let me know & if I can I'll be happy to meet up with you.
Thanks, SB! I don't want to take the thread off track but that whole area is growing by leaps and bounds - I am just amazed. Folks need to venture off the highways and see what is going on at the exits . . .

Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Thanks, SB! I don't want to take the thread off track but that whole area is growing by leaps and bounds - I am just amazed. Folks need to venture off the highways and see what is going on at the exits . . .
Well, in a different Publix thread, a poster from SC said that he or she had heard that Gastonia & Kings Mountain are on the Publix radar. It makes sense, because I think that it will be quite a while before the growth goes west of Shelby

Old 06-19-2013, 04:37 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
I would think Publix would add stores in Asheville and possibly Hendersonville, as they are near their established Greenville-Spartanburg market. And fill in the gap between Knoxville, TN. Unless Ingles already has a hold on those areas, and HT returning to Asheville. Still a HT in Hendersonville.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I would think Publix would add stores in Asheville and possibly Hendersonville, as they are near their established Greenville-Spartanburg market. And fill in the gap between Knoxville, TN. Unless Ingles already has a hold on those areas, and HT returning to Asheville. Still a HT in Hendersonville.
Based on what I've heard, Ingles & Publix play well together. I've heard that Bob Ingle & the founder of Publix were on good terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte