Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 06:49 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Well, in a different Publix thread, a poster from SC said that he or she had heard that Gastonia & Kings Mountain are on the Publix radar. It makes sense, because I think that it will be quite a while before the growth goes west of Shelby
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I would think Publix would add stores in Asheville and possibly Hendersonville, as they are near their established Greenville-Spartanburg market. And fill in the gap between Knoxville, TN. Unless Ingles already has a hold on those areas, and HT returning to Asheville. Still a HT in Hendersonville.
I will not rule out Publix locating in Asheville, Hendersonville and other parts of western North Carolina. The thought may be under consideration, but may be some time down the road when Publix's presences in Charlotte and Knoxville increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 09:07 AM

416 posts, read 926,136 times
@Carolina Knight, picked up a copy of Matthews Mint hill weekley at Presby hospital in Matthews this a.m and read that Publix is looking to be approved for a store in Mint hill, which would start to be constructed in 2014 on Matthews-Mint hill rd.
Don't rule out Charlotte just yet.
Publix wants to build in Mint Hill | Matthews - Mint Hill Weekly

Old 06-23-2013, 09:23 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I will not rule out Publix locating in Asheville, Hendersonville and other parts of western North Carolina. The thought may be under consideration, but may be some time down the road when Publix's presences in Charlotte and Knoxville increase.
I think that you have a good point. I would suspect that Hendersonville & Asheville might see a store expanded out from Greenville/Spartanburg (I know, they will be shifted to a Charlotte distribution center when it opens) or Knoxville, but not directly from Charlotte. I don't see Publix going west of Kings Mountain for the foreseeable future, & that would be a tier 2 location. Publix could draw from Shelby with a Kings Mountain location as well as the locations that Ingles is drawing from in western Gaston & Cherokee Counties. There isn't the population or income beyond Shelby to support a Shelby store.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsN Charlotte View Post
@Carolina Knight, picked up a copy of Matthews Mint hill weekley at Presby hospital in Matthews this a.m and read that Publix is looking to be approved for a store in Mint hill, which would start to be constructed in 2014 on Matthews-Mint hill rd.
Don't rule out Charlotte just yet.
Publix wants to build in Mint Hill | Matthews - Mint Hill Weekly
I made no comment about Publix ruling Charlotte out. That is impossible now as Publix's Charlote Division is operational in South Carolina (excluding Beaufort and Jasper counties) and Augusta, Georgia (specifically Columbia and Richmond counties).

I expect announcements on additional store openings in due time, and in about two years, plans for a distribution facility will be rampant.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
SB - I forgot to mention that I did stop in on the way to Boone about 6 weeks or so ago! Hubby kept doggie in car and I ran in and looked around and picked up a few things to take to the mountains. I had to run in and out but I got a general impression of the store and items available and was very impressed! Beautiful store, well laid out -- and I could have stayed there for 2 hours, happily!

Maybe next time I will be alone and can take my time and really scope out the store. I will let you know - maybe we could meet for coffee.
Speaking of coffee, the Kings Mountain Ingles is getting a Starbucks kiosk. I'm sure that this is preparation for Publix. Ingles stores in the mountains have Starbucks but they hadn't bothered in Kings Mountain because there's a mom & pop coffee shop downtown & coffee shops in Gastonia & Shelby.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Default Publix leases office space for its possible Charlotte division headquarters

Publix Super Markets announced Monday that the company has leased office space for its Charlotte division headquarters. The company will lease 15,603 square feet of office space at Two Lakepointe Plaza, off West Tyvola Road near Renaissance Park.

Publix leases office space for Charlotte division | WCNC.com Charlotte

Old 07-09-2013, 07:05 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,341,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Publix Super Markets announced Monday that the company has leased office space for its Charlotte division headquarters. The company will lease 15,603 square feet of office space at Two Lakepointe Plaza, off West Tyvola Road near Renaissance Park.

Publix leases office space for Charlotte division | WCNC.com Charlotte

I know of some office space in Matthews (soon-to-be former Harris Teeter site) they could have leased instead...

Old 07-09-2013, 07:13 AM

Ha, I wonder if today's press release had to do with this.

Shouldn't you be out celebrating with a Mimosa over this mysterious raise.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:00 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
More people moving to Fort Mill? Dang that airport being so close to SC.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:42 PM

Where did you get Fort Mill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte