Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 01:43 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
It is a grocery chain. Grocery chains are not known to carry tons of different alcohol/beer products. This is why there exists liqueur stores like ABC. They are in business since they carry more obscure brands.
Liquor stores don't sell beer in North Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 01:52 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,595,195 times
That's not an article, that's an advertisement. A really poor one at that. Without going into detail that is just me repeating myself, the few times I've bothered to step foot in a Publix, not everything in that list was even there. I think the only upside to the new Publix stores is maybe, just maybe, people will stop posting Wegmans threads, since the level of pretentiousness exhibited by Publix lovers only appears to be matched by the Wegmans lovers. Personally, until Publix gives me a reason to shop there, they serve no purpose other than trying to show off how expensive their food is.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM

238 posts, read 567,608 times
I am a huge fan of Publix, or should I say was. I was very excited for it to come here. I visited the Publix in Indian Land 3 times and all 3 times I received horrible customer service. The Deli is pathetic. I stood there waiting for over 20 minutes for someone to help me. There was one person making sandwiches, but there were two more in the bank, one chatting the other putting some bags away. No one cared I was waiting.
Another time they ran out of egg salad for my wrap, after waiting for 30 minutes for a wrap, 15 of those with the actual deli rep. No apologies, just annoyed that I asked for an egg salad.
The last and final time, I asked where something was and the person said they didn't know and walked away.

Too bad, they hired the wrong people and ruined it.

I'll stick to Harris Teeter where the service is stellar and in 6 years have never ever had bad service.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
Publix is good as long as the are an "A" store.If not,they are just another grocery store THe only thing that I liked better about Publix was their Cuban sandwich in Florida. Everthing else is same old same old.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
There have been posts about Publix on these forums for years. Debates about what does or does not stand it apart from the rest. I was reading this online today and thought I would share what only a Publix shopper knows. I thought it was really cute and well made.

Reasons Why Publix Is The Best Grocery Store To Ever Exist
If those sandwiches aren't staged and the photography isn't professional I'll eat my socks.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbound01 View Post
I am a huge fan of Publix, or should I say was. I was very excited for it to come here. I visited the Publix in Indian Land 3 times and all 3 times I received horrible customer service. The Deli is pathetic. I stood there waiting for over 20 minutes for someone to help me. There was one person making sandwiches, but there were two more in the bank, one chatting the other putting some bags away. No one cared I was waiting.
Another time they ran out of egg salad for my wrap, after waiting for 30 minutes for a wrap, 15 of those with the actual deli rep. No apologies, just annoyed that I asked for an egg salad.
The last and final time, I asked where something was and the person said they didn't know and walked away.

I'll stick to Harris Teeter where the service is stellar and in 6 years have never ever had bad service.
Wow.......I have had the total opposite experiences at both stores. I don't think I have ever left Harris Teeter in a good mood or not frustrated about something. I hate to grocery shop on the best day, and when I have to deal with them being out of at least one of their specials, no matter what day of the sale it is, I get annoyed. Yes, they have rain checks, but when I go shopping I want to get it finished and I think it is ridiculous to be out of a special the very next day, or even the same day, as it is announced. I got sick and tired of carrying 2-3 rain checks on a continuous basis. Or having them refusing to take certain internet coupons, all totally legit. Or having a hassle about something. I even had several hassles with their pharmacy promotions and had to fight several times for the credit rewards due to me. There is one cashier that I try to get when I can because I seem to have the best experience with her. Not only have they quit offering to carry out the bags, but for the most time either the cashier or my husband has to pack them. Rarely have anyone helping to pack.

So far I have not had one problem at Publix in Indian Land. Whenever I'm looking for something they don't just tell you where it is, but actually take you there. People at the bakery have gone out of their way to get me what I want. I have found at least 5-6 things there that I have never been able to find down here since we moved from PA. So far they have never refused, or even questioned, any coupons that I had, including accepting the Recyclebank coupons for Teeter. I have never had one person be rude or ignored me while they were talking to others. If I had I would think a well placed word to a manager would fix that. The shelves are always full, even on days at the end of their sale period. There is always someone to pack the bags and they always just take them out to the car, whether it's 2 or a whole cartfull. The one time that my husband just started to pack, someone came rushing up and apologized to him and immediately took over.

I hope I don't start having your luck or else I think I would complain to someone.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:55 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:

You waited over 20 minutes for anything at a grocery store? Why didn't you go find someone to help you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
If those sandwiches aren't staged and the photography isn't professional I'll eat my socks.
They are, and it is, no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Wow.......I have had the total opposite experiences at both stores. I don't think I have ever left Harris Teeter in a good mood or not frustrated about something. I hate to grocery shop on the best day, and when I have to deal with them being out of at least one of their specials, no matter what day of the sale it is, I get annoyed. Yes, they have rain checks, but when I go shopping I want to get it finished and I think it is ridiculous to be out of a special the very next day, or even the same day, as it is announced. I got sick and tired of carrying 2-3 rain checks on a continuous basis. Or having them refusing to take certain internet coupons, all totally legit. Or having a hassle about something. I even had several hassles with their pharmacy promotions and had to fight several times for the credit rewards due to me. There is one cashier that I try to get when I can because I seem to have the best experience with her. Not only have they quit offering to carry out the bags, but for the most time either the cashier or my husband has to pack them. Rarely have anyone helping to pack.

So far I have not had one problem at Publix in Indian Land. Whenever I'm looking for something they don't just tell you where it is, but actually take you there. People at the bakery have gone out of their way to get me what I want. I have found at least 5-6 things there that I have never been able to find down here since we moved from PA. So far they have never refused, or even questioned, any coupons that I had, including accepting the Recyclebank coupons for Teeter. I have never had one person be rude or ignored me while they were talking to others. If I had I would think a well placed word to a manager would fix that. The shelves are always full, even on days at the end of their sale period. There is always someone to pack the bags and they always just take them out to the car, whether it's 2 or a whole cartfull. The one time that my husband just started to pack, someone came rushing up and apologized to him and immediately took over.

I hope I don't start having your luck or else I think I would complain to someone.
The last time I was in a Publix was over 30 years ago, in Hialeah, FL., so I can't speak for them. But HT is generally the best grocery store, consistently, for me. Yes, there are the occasional issues, but without exception HT always handles them to my satisfaction. They are almost always pricing errors, which I catch when I go over all my receipts weekly. If there's any doubt, they just refund the entire purchase price. The Meal Deal items are sometimes out of stock, but they will substitute. A bit of a hassle, I agree.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:02 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
They are, and it is, no doubt.
The author never said she took the photos herself. Looks like they were just taken from the Publix facebook page.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:10 AM

540 posts, read 1,705,433 times
don't go to publix! please! keeps the lines down for me! I'll be there 3-4 times a week! stay out of my way!

Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,990,870 times
Quote:

The deli is the same way in Fort Mill. There does not seem to be any incentive to move things along quicker. I'll stick with HT for my Boar's Head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte