Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2023, 05:41 AM

5,676 posts, read 5,893,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Chase suspended 1 race. NASCAR finally consistent about similar things.
Oh no! This is the worst thing to happen since, since, ah hell. It aint worth it.

Ill applaude Nascar for the consistency, but I look forward to the day when its across the board, not just a select few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 07:03 AM

5,723 posts, read 4,700,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Oh no! This is the worst thing to happen since, since, ah hell. It aint worth it.

Ill applaude Nascar for the consistency, but I look forward to the day when its across the board, not just a select few.
Only fair. NASCAR's most favorite and least favorite (according to some) get the same penalty

Old 05-31-2023, 03:53 PM

5,723 posts, read 4,700,020 times
Chase Briscoe got slammed for a counterfeit part. 120 points, $250K , and crew chief gone for 6 races.

Old 05-31-2023, 04:43 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Chase Briscoe got slammed for a counterfeit part. 120 points, $250K , and crew chief gone for 6 races.

They said they wouldn't tolerate single source parts being messed with.

But.. I am curious as to the 'counterfeit' part of this.. Unless they bought the part from the supplier and can prove it.. This penalty needs to stand.

We all know there's been rumblings of shortages.. I wonder if they just tried to make their own or something.

Old 06-05-2023, 05:24 AM

6,465 posts, read 3,160,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
They said they wouldn't tolerate single source parts being messed with.

But.. I am curious as to the 'counterfeit' part of this.. Unless they bought the part from the supplier and can prove it.. This penalty needs to stand.

We all know there's been rumblings of shortages.. I wonder if they just tried to make their own or something.
Who's the "single source".........AMT, Monogram, or Revell??

What a fiasco yesterday's race turned into!

I sat down in front of the TV, thinking that a 300 mile race should be short enough to remain interesting but long enough to provide some different race strategies. Lon story short, it turned into a 6 hour "enduro", punctuated by weather issues, broadcast issues, crash issues, and even wireless communication issues, both between the team's systems, as well as Fox's systems.

IMHO, it was just about the worst race I've ever seen, in a LONG time..........

Old 06-05-2023, 05:42 AM

5,176 posts, read 4,952,233 times
Dang! My DVR recording time with Comcrap ran out with about 40 laps to go. Just saw the 20 car spin out....

Old 06-05-2023, 07:20 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
St Louis...
Overall, a very boring race except for the final 20 laps with all the restarts.
When you have a Kyle and Kyle on the front row and you're ok with either winning.
Larson choked on the final one that counted and let Hamlin by. I suspect he was afraid to push the issue with Hamlin, all things considered.
Wallace finished with a DNF ... so there is that.
Wreck -em-Ross made a brief appearance.
Mr H will probably be calling Carson Hocevar next time he needs a sub and just cut out the middleman Corey Lajoie.
Kudos to Mcdowell, that team continues to overperform.

Kyle Busch. After last year much was made of the fact that it was a "step down' going to Childress. Some were even questioning if he would win. Conversely Hamlin was lauded for pulling off the big score by snagging Reddick away from Childress.
Kyle gave them all a big F you yesterday. After basically trading equipment, Kyle has 3 Wins and is 3rd in the playoffs to Reddicks 1 and 10th.
I love to see RCR back in the hunt. Love seeing the best driver in NASCAR in an American manufacture, Chevy.
And I love seeing a somewhat humbled Kyle Busch making it happen.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Mr H will probably be calling Carson Hocevar next time he needs a sub and just cut out the middleman Corey Lajoie.

Why? Hocevar finished dead last. LaJoie, actually, for what HMS unloaded with, didn't do bad. They had 2 cars in the top 10 and 2 in the 20's. perhaps, had he not hit the kill switch early on, he might have done better.

Larson was stuck back there for a goodly bit of the race. Second week in a row that they've gone from junk to contender.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:42 AM

FWIW.. The Portland Busch race was.. Quite good.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:46 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Why? Hocevar finished dead last. LaJoie, actually, for what HMS unloaded with, didn't do bad. They had 2 cars in the top 10 and 2 in the 20's. perhaps, had he not hit the kill switch early on, he might have done better.

Larson was stuck back there for a goodly bit of the race. Second week in a row that they've gone from junk to contender.
Just sayin... I don't believe he lived up to expectations in his big moment of "If he only had good equipment". I know it was one race and anybody that just gets dropped into someone else's team/ride it is going to be a challenge, except for maybe a couple of Kyles. But nevertheless, Lajoie was still, shall we say underwhelming in his big shot in one of the best rides on the track.
Hocevar on the other hand ran as good or better than Lajoie in his car up until a catastrophic failure.
At the end of the day if you are building a new team and could have anybody aside from the obvious top guys, would you pick Lajoie?
Which is a good segue ... at what point does Austin Dillon call Kyle Petty to find how long is too long.
Now is the time for RC to put a young talented driver in that car who could really benefit from KB's mentorship. We know the equipment is capable of winning a Championship, its going to get real, for Austin if Kyle keeps performing the way he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing