Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2023, 09:00 AM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
#2 and #3.

Yep. The #3 you think of right away.. Not so much the #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
There is no denying that Chastain has the ability to be a NASCAR superstar. He has the potential to improve NASCAR provided he restricts his aggression and reserves it for important situations.

Chastain is currently being overly aggressive, which is losing him victories. The Trackhouse Racing driver can still be aggressive and win races, as Rick Hendrick said.

Ross has a lot of talent, but he needs to settle down and understand when to use his aggression. To be honest, Rick is correct, and if Chastain followed his advise, he would become a true celebrity and one of NASCAR's biggest stars.

It sounds like the Ernie Irvan situation all over again to be honest.

Denny spoke quite thoughtfully on this on Actions Detrimental yesterday. He said that Chastain probably should have won several more races by now instead of just the two that he did. And that the reason he hasn't.. He *IS* getting payback. Drivers who might cut some slack and let him go on by are racing him hard, making him either use his stuff up or making him drive over his head and causing a wreck so that.., he's not there at the finish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2023, 01:40 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well I believe he's getting close... that's Rick's point. Probably going to hear less whining and see more retaliation. Wreck-em-Ross is going to have a tough time winning a Championship, When no one feels obliged to give him a break much less want to take him out. He's cost Larson a lot of valuable points ... time people start taking some away from him.
I do believe after this weekend with Chastains stupidity hurting himself, and Hendrick being vocal, Justin Marks and maybe even Chevy have a little come-to -Jesus with Wreck-em-Ross and try and talk some sense into his melon.
And there it is... Looks like Justin Marks got a little wakeup call from Mr. H and Chevy and probably other "partners".

https://racer.com/2023/05/16/marks-h...rce=FOX_Sports

“This has been my life (today). We have addressed it. We’ve had many conversations with different people today – some difficult conversations and I think the important message here is that we are a believer in Ross’s talent.

“The fact of the matter is, a huge part of what Trackhouse is able to do on the racetrack is fundamentally not only our relationship with Chevrolet but with our key partner teams at (Richard Childress Racing) and Hendrick,” said Marks. “We all work hard together to try to make the Chevys go fast, so when you look on the racetrack, and you see the speed Trackhouse has that’s not 100% Trackhouse speed.

Old 05-16-2023, 04:30 PM

Quote:
talk some sense into his melon.

Since no one else mentioned it.

I saw what you did there.

Old 05-17-2023, 09:53 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,836,609 times
Quote:
“The fact of the matter is, a huge part of what Trackhouse is able to do on the racetrack is fundamentally not only our relationship with Chevrolet but with our key partner teams at (Richard Childress Racing) and Hendrick,” said Marks. “We all work hard together to try to make the Chevys go fast, so when you look on the racetrack, and you see the speed Trackhouse has that’s not 100% Trackhouse speed.
Yep, those ECR engines that are in Trackhouse cars are pretty important to have once the green flag waves.

As Kenny Wallace said, since all engines are not the same..."let's give Trackhouse the engines with the lower horsepower"

But we have to be careful because, like I said multiple times, we need guys like Ross out there. He is a great racecar driver and people are tuning in to see what he screws up next.

Even though Larson is one of my favorite drivers, I don't want to see Ross neutered. (He can pick on those Toyota's and Ford's instead! )

I would love to see Ross try to mess with Joey. That would be some fireworks.

Old 05-17-2023, 10:11 AM

6,469 posts, read 3,163,833 times
Quote:
BTW, I didn't watch the race and haven't seen any response from Truex on Chastain wrecking his day. How did he take it?
He, of course, wasn't happy, but he (Marty) said that after their first "encounter" the 19's toe-in got "adjusted", and the car didn't drive well, after that..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
......It sounds like the Ernie Irvan situation all over again to be honest.

He *IS* getting payback. Drivers who might cut some slack and let him go on by are racing him hard, making him either use his stuff up or making him drive over his head and causing a wreck so that.., he's not there at the finish.
Very true. I don't know if you noticed that after his final tangle with Larson, in the fourth turn, instead of backing off him, Larson stayed on the gas, and pushed Chastain about a third of the way down the front stretch, sideways, before he let off the gas..........

Old 05-17-2023, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Very true. I don't know if you noticed that after his final tangle with Larson, in the fourth turn, instead of backing off him, Larson stayed on the gas, and pushed Chastain about a third of the way down the front stretch, sideways, before he let off the gas..........

I don't recall who said it, but they said he should have pushed him all the way onto pit road.

Old 05-17-2023, 10:54 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Yep, those ECR engines that are in Trackhouse cars are pretty important to have once the green flag waves.

As Kenny Wallace said, since all engines are not the same..."let's give Trackhouse the engines with the lower horsepower"

But we have to be careful because, like I said multiple times, we need guys like Ross out there. He is a great racecar driver and people are tuning in to see what he screws up next.

Even though Larson is one of my favorite drivers, I don't want to see Ross neutered. (He can pick on those Toyota's and Ford's instead! )

I would love to see Ross try to mess with Joey. That would be some fireworks.
He doesn't have to be neutered. He just needs to stop being an idiot... which from the sounds of it, Justin Marks received that message in no uncertain terms loud and clear. So I'm sure Wreck-em-Ross got it as well.

Old 05-17-2023, 03:34 PM

6,469 posts, read 3,163,833 times
Quote:
I don't recall who said it, but they said he should have pushed him all the way onto pit road.
That would have been a hoot!!

Old 05-18-2023, 09:12 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,836,609 times
Quote:
Pretty sure it was Kenny Herman Wallace who said it.

You know NASCAR would have fined Larson over that though...

Old 05-18-2023, 05:40 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,896,314 times
Anybody else going to Wilksboro this weekend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing