Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2023, 05:58 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,836,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
A Disgrace! I know I know ...Its a business decision but even at that you would never see an Earnhardt SR or Jr driving a Toyota, never see Richard Childress or Jack Roush going to Toyota.
Having said that Johnson and Co obviously decided they would be further ahead being part of JGR than they were with RCR.
Legacy has been struggling this year. As Labonte18 said, being the on the low end of the totem pole for Chevy teams, I bet Toyota/TRD offered to treat them at least 2nd tier along with 23XI, with JGR being first tier for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 06:00 AM

Rumor has it that Josh Berry will replace Kevin Harvick in the #4 car for SHR next season.

Josh just signed with KHI, Kevin's sports marketing firm.

It's great seeing Josh making every opportunity he can while substituting for HMS drivers this season.

Old 05-04-2023, 09:32 AM

5,725 posts, read 4,702,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Rumor has it that Josh Berry will replace Kevin Harvick in the #4 car for SHR next season.

It's great seeing Josh making every opportunity he can while substituting for HMS drivers this season.
Agreed completely.

Old 05-04-2023, 12:25 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

Jr has put a lot of drivers into the cup series, it would be interesting to see the complete list.

Old 05-04-2023, 12:43 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times
I'm happy for Josh Berry.. I'm a tad surprised that he's being brought up.. It speaks to the lack of talent that is ready to come up right now.

All the talent is.. A few years away. Or they are really too old to be starting a Cup career. Honestly.. Berry I would have said fits in the latter group in a 'normal' year where there are talented younger drivers who might be ready for cup.

He's in a good situation due to that. I don't really think if SHR didn't need a good, solid driver that could step in and pretty much immediately compete for wins, he would get a good shot.

Just look at drivers in Xfinity or Trucks right now that you might say "He could be a cup driver and a good one"

Justin Allgaier - 36 years old
Sam Mayer - Needs more time in lower series
Brandon Jones - Possible, but the transition to JR motorsports has NOT gone well
Daniel Hemrick - Maybe
Chandler Smith - I think he'll be good, but, another year in Xfinity first.
Sheldon Creed - Needs more time in Xfinity
Brett Moffitt - I don't see him ever going up. Not successfully, at least.
Ryan Seig - Too old and not ready.
Cole Custer - Well.. They kicked him down for performance once already.
Riley Herbst - Not ready.
any JGR driver - I doubt it. Smith isn't ready, Nemechek I don't think they'll let go of (I think he replaces Truex at some point) and Ryan Truex.. Eh.. I'd prefer to see some Cup starts from him.. Maybe.

From Trucks, there's talent... But all need more time in lower series. Crafton is a lifer in trucks. Zane Smith will be good one day, Matty D is no replacement for Harvick, Ben Rhodes needs time in Xfinity first, Corey Heim needs more experience.

Long and short.. Any other year.. I'm not sure Berry gets this ride simply due to his age.

That being said.. Score one for the older guys.

Old 05-05-2023, 06:51 AM

Good points Labonte18. You mention getting in simply due to his age (and maturity).

Tony likes guys like Josh, so that helps. Plus Tony and Dale Jr have a great relationship and both are good at discovering talent.

Do you think Josh can be used to keep Anheuser-Busch from leaving? it's been reported that A-B is having talks with Trackhouse/Chastain.

I would prefer to sit down and have a Buuuuccccshhhhh beer with Josh over Ross, only because Josh seems less full of himself.

Old 05-05-2023, 11:27 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Ryan Newman coming back to cup with some select starts for Rick Ware Racing this season.

Old 05-07-2023, 06:11 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,896,314 times
Ill withhold my opinion on the finish because it may not be popular, but damn, Ross aint taking no crap from no one. Gragson deserved what he got ,but Ross will likely get a fine as happy as Nascar has been about fines lately.

Old 05-07-2023, 07:27 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,702,798 times
Good race. Rare for Kansas. Not many people watched in person.

Old 05-08-2023, 03:48 AM

1,162 posts, read 1,412,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Ill withhold my opinion on the finish because it may not be popular, but damn, Ross aint taking no crap from no one. Gragson deserved what he got ,but Ross will likely get a fine as happy as Nascar has been about fines lately.
No spitting watermelon seeds. When you grab a farmer expect to get punched. Kudos to Chastain for sticking up for himself. That bowl cut Gragson wears makes him look like a watermelon picker from Alva, FL.

L
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing