Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2023, 12:08 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times

Advertisements

So Wallace flipped the bird to the camera during a post race interview... If I'm not mistaken Shane Hmiel got penalized for giving DJ the finger inside his car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 12:37 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
So Wallace flipped the bird to the camera during a post race interview... If I'm not mistaken Shane Hmiel got penalized for giving DJ the finger inside his car.

Shane Hmeil was high. He got many penalties, including being paralyzed. Flipping the bird was pretty minor in comparison.

Wallace apparently was flipping off one of his friends, so, they've taken the stance that it was inappropriate but since it was done 'in jest' vs in anger.. No fine.

My opinion.. Well.. If they're not going to fine for throwing punches.. I see no reason to fine for flipping the bird, regardless of the motivation. That's not an FCC issue, unlike if someone shouted out an obscenity that made it on live TV, more so if it was on a network.

all in all.. It's not a great look.. But.. Wow are there far worse things happening to be concerned with presently.

There really seems, and i'm sidetracking a bit here, but a lack of concern about obscenity on the air in the past few years. I've heard.. Some pretty strong language watching NFL games that were on network TV and.. Seems nothing has come of those.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:22 PM

5,723 posts, read 4,700,020 times
A couple of guys have used curse words on live TV and not been fined.

Old 05-25-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
A couple of guys have used curse words on live TV and not been fined.

Basically my point. Back in the day, anything stronger than "hell" was likely to get you a fine.

Even if it aired on TV because they were listening in on your radio. Dale Jr KINDA touched on this in his podcast that I saw yesterday.. How he hated the evolution of people having scanners at the track and TV airing their radio because he was.. 'salty' on the radio.

Now.. You kinda get a "we're sorry for the language", IF you get that, and.. Everyone moves on.

I get that when TV is airing radio.. the radio SHOULD be free range for the drivers and crew. If they drop an F bomb.. It's TV's fault for airing it, not the driver/crew's fault for saying it.

Other times, tho.. Look.. I get you want the emotion and all.. But.. this is one place that I agree with the "Actions Detrimental" rule.

Old 05-25-2023, 12:29 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
Looks like Josh Berry is set to take over the 4 car from Harvick at SHR.
This one is probably a little more bittersweet for Jr than some of the others. No secret Jr has become quite fond of Berry and he is heavily involved in JRM late model program. Also would have been Jrs candidate to put in a JRM cup car when the time comes.

Old 05-25-2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Looks like Josh Berry is set to take over the 4 car from Harvick at SHR.
This one is probably a little more bittersweet for Jr than some of the others. No secret Jr has become quite fond of Berry and he is heavily involved in JRM late model program. Also would have been Jrs candidate to put in a JRM cup car when the time comes.

Just.. Getting closer to official. We've pretty much known this for quite some time.

I'm sure Chevy would rather have kept him, but.. They couldn't offer as competitive a ride in Cup on a full time basis. And.. as I brought up.. His age is a factor. He's certainly right place, right time.

I meant to bring something up.. Dale Jr talked about Bubba a bit on his podcast.. I'll say yesterday.. I don't know when they actually do it, but I saw it posted to YouTube yesterday. He talked about some guy at the rail during driver intros screaming "Go Home" at Bubba at Darlington and how he thought it was obnoxious and classless to do, especially in front of the 75 Greatest Drivers. And basically how he knew that being booed was a part of things, but that Bubba really had to put up with more than just that.

He then brought up Kyle Busch and how moving to Chevy basically forgave everything. but, the funniest part of the story was that he was standing next to Carl Edwards and Carl was shocked that Kyle was being cheered.

Oh.. I forgot to finish my thought.. Bubba does bring some of this on himself. What Junior skimmed over.. He talked that he understood why Kyle Busch got some of the hate, because he brought it on himself, and Junior even said that he was involved in some of those. Well.. Bubba's been involved with Kyle Larson incidents as well.. Now.. Booing someone and screaming over and over "Go Home" are two distinctly different things.. So.. I agree with him about that guy. Not so much on not understanding why Bubba gets some fan hate. I get why he's disliked a bit.. I mean the whole 'noose' thing, which, wasn't ENTIRELY on him, as I believe one of his crew reported it.. He, as well as NASCAR, perpetuated the fiction that it was a noose.

Last edited by Labonte18; 05-25-2023 at 04:48 PM..

Old 05-26-2023, 02:37 PM

5,176 posts, read 4,952,233 times
I saw somewhere today that the Busch race for Saturday has been moved up 1 hour due to possible bad weather moving in. I believe it's at noon now.

Old 05-26-2023, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
I saw somewhere today that the Busch race for Saturday has been moved up 1 hour due to possible bad weather moving in. I believe it's at noon now.

Odds are that both Cup and Xfinity get pushed to Monday.

Saturday looks bad. Sunday looks worse.

I'm supposed to go to the Catfish Feastival on Saturday. But.. Hell.. Fish live in the water. Little rain won't affect them.

Old 05-28-2023, 09:11 AM

5,176 posts, read 4,952,233 times
Good truck race. Well, at least the last stage. First two stages were kind of snore-fests.

Old 05-29-2023, 08:00 AM

I'm actually glad the race just got pushed.. I was concerned that we'd have a situation last night, based on the weather here, where they would drag on thinking they might have a break in the weather and run 30 laps then stop again or something.

I'd just much rather run the whole race on a single day, even if it is delayed.

The Ware Shoals Catfish Feastival I made it to and had some dang good catfish, but.. Many of the vendors and the like either didn't show back up for Saturday due to the threat of rain, or packed it in early. Was pretty much a ghost town when I was there. Those of us here in the upstate, which seem to be many of us here.. Probably have heard of that before, but.. Explaining it for the rest of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing