Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2023, 01:50 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times

Advertisements

Regarding the SHR stable. I have a feeling that in the hiring of Josh Berry , though he is no Kevin Harvick they believe he maybe the quickest to develop into the lead dog. Brisco... kinda hard to take him seriously, still pretty raw and dorky, and needs to lose the hat. Preece, I can see him as wanting that spot but seems to me he is going to have to have some serious attitude adjustments before he is ready... little bit of the Bubba Wallace syndrome going on with him.
As far as Aric and the 10 car I will not be surprised at all if he stays in it for 24 , seems like he is in the unique position of controlling his own destiny (as much as that is possible in NASCAR). He seems to have a second wind going and until Someone better is available why change. Originally, I thought they were going to bring Custer right back up to replace Aric, but I don't think Custer is really lighting the world on fire down there right now, is he? On the other hand, isn't his dad involved with SHR... if it's a choice between Custer or Almirola based on performance Almirola stays. Also seems like Almirola would be good to have around for Berrys first season there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2023, 02:17 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Can we still call SHR a top ride? Look, Harvick is Harvick.. He can, to an extent, make chicken salad out of chicken poop.. but, none of the other drivers there is even coming close.
So this got me thinking, if SHR (the 4 team) might not be considered a top ride... Who are the top tier rides ?
there are the obvious and then there are the comers and goers.
Lets just say the most coveted if you are someone about to break into cup.

The obvious;
The 4 Hendrick Cars/ Hendrick organization. I think gone are the days when 2 of the 4 were good and the other 2 were not so much. Any 4 of them today have to be considered the 4 top rides in NASCAR.

Next I suppose most would say Gibbs organization but I dont think you can throw a blanket over the 4 like Hendrick. Probably the 11 and then the 19, the 20 close behind but if you are a driver and you have the choice of the Gibbs 20 or the Penske 22, I think you have to put that 22 ahead of possibly all 3 of those Gibbs cars.
Back to SHRI think the 4 car, probably lands in here somewhere, the other 3 probably not right now, but you do have to consider the organization, whos the #1 Ford team SHR or Penske ?
The rest; Penske 12?, Trackhouse 1? Childress 8? The 4th Gibbs car, the 3rd Penske, the 2, 23/11 cars just by association.

Old 06-24-2023, 07:16 AM

5,676 posts, read 5,896,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
One other comment along that line. I just looked at the weekend schedule, for the races at Nashville. The Cup race is 7PM, on a Sunday night. It's billed as the "Nashville 400", so it's either 400 laps or 400 miles.....starting at 7PM. What are these clowns thinking????
Remember when the Daytona 500 was rained out and they ran the remainder in prime time on Monday? It was the highest ranking "show" for a Monday in history. Some say it was because Montoya hit the jet dryer, some say it was Kesolowskis tweets. WHi know? But I do specifically recall Mike Joy saying the next week, "After the ranking last Monday, I can see more races going to prime time in the future." Im just rsurprised it hasnt happened more.

Ill watch until its my bed time, or theres a rain delay or something, then after that Ill just see who won via Facebook Monday morning.

Old 06-26-2023, 08:59 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,953,555 times
Nice clean race for Chastain with a deserving win. Glad to see him take the checkered flag without any controversy.

On a different note: The NBC race coverage with Burton and Earnhardt Jr. at the beginning of the race was HORRIBLE! Having them in the infield (or the end of pit road) made it impossible to hear them over the sound of the cars every time the cars were in Turns 1 & 2. Hopefully NBC doesn't repeat it with any other races.

Old 06-26-2023, 10:08 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,836,609 times
Looks like the Watermelon man heeded Rick Hendrick's advice! Good for him.

Overall, the race started out a bit boring, got somewhat better as the sun went down. The NBC team did a good job showing mid pack racing, especially since the leader was often pretty far out front.

Old 06-26-2023, 11:45 AM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Looks like the Watermelon man heeded Rick Hendrick's advice! Good for him.

Overall, the race started out a bit boring, got somewhat better as the sun went down. The NBC team did a good job showing mid pack racing, especially since the leader was often pretty far out front.

I thought for sure when Gragson and him were racing that.. He was going to do something dumb.

But.. Nope.. a very smart race run by Chastain and he deserved the win.

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck happened to Blaney. That thing just had a magnet pulling it towards the wall it looked like. And to hit head on in a place where there was no SAFER barrier.. That was kinda scary.

Nice to see the 43 have a good run.. and.. The sheer number of things that went wrong for Busch, to still finish 9th..

Old 06-27-2023, 06:22 AM

I sort of miss the action that Chastain was causing on the track. Since most of the races have been lackluster so far, the feuding Chastain started was about the only thing interesting.

Maybe Noah will learn from Ross' mistakes. Ross certainly has the talent to be one of the superstars in NASCAR. There is a big hole that needs filling as more and more future HOF drivers retire. After Harvick, we'll see Hamlin and Truex Jr not too far behind. Kyle Busch and BK a bit later...

Two time Champ Joey Logano will take the helm as the veteran superstar that is still active. Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson will look to unseat Joey.

Then you have Byron, Blaney, Bell...potentially Bowman, Gragson, maybe Berry. Chastain can swoop in their and easily take the throne if he continues to play his cards right.

Old 06-27-2023, 11:05 AM

Default Breaking News!

NASCAR star Jimmy Johnsons' in-laws and nephew, 11, killed in 'murder suicide' at their home in Oklahoma.

Jack and Terry Janway, parents of Johnson's wife Chandra Janway, were found dead shortly after 9pm last night, according to Muskogee Police.

Old 06-27-2023, 12:15 PM

Turns out the Jimmy's MIL shot the FIL and grandson, then turned gun on herself.

JJ is on the drivers list for the Chicago race this weekend. I'm sure he'll need a fill in.

Sad.

Old 06-27-2023, 01:05 PM

Legacy Motor Club has withdrawn the #84 from this weekends event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing