Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2023, 07:49 AM

5,675 posts, read 5,887,642 times

Advertisements

You heard it here - Bristol losing spring race!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2023, 10:15 AM

5,723 posts, read 4,696,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
You heard it here - Bristol losing spring race!
Trading it for North Wilksboro. Or so I read.

Old 06-19-2023, 08:15 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Trading it for North Wilksboro. Or so I read.

Unless they repave Wilkesboro.. This is a net loss.

The All Star race was pretty bad.. I don't see what another 300 laps or so will do for it.

Old 06-19-2023, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Unless they repave Wilkesboro.. This is a net loss.

The All Star race was pretty bad.. I don't see what another 300 laps or so will do for it.
Im thinking I read they were going to repave if they got a date, but take away a Bristol race, dirt or not, its not going to be vey popluar and IMHO, is going to be the next nail in the coffin, especially if something like a Chicago street race replaces it.

Old 06-19-2023, 07:54 PM

5,176 posts, read 4,949,447 times
Josh Berry to replace Harvick?? https://www.foxsports.com/stories/na...in-harvick-shr

Or is this old news?

Old 06-20-2023, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Josh Berry to replace Harvick?? https://www.foxsports.com/stories/na...in-harvick-shr

Or is this old news?
Old news. But this is a great oppurtunity for Josh, and I hope he does well.

Old 06-20-2023, 07:09 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Old news. But this is a great oppurtunity for Josh, and I hope he does well.
Now the question for SHR is who is going to replace Eric in the #10 if he does finally retire this year. Zane Smith was mentioned, but he is in a contract with another team and would need to be bought out.

Michael McDowell possibly?

SHR, to have so much promise, is still very dysfunctional still. Now with losing Harvick and all of his knowledge, it's going to be an uphill battle for that team.

It is interesting that having a Championship owner such as Tony or Jimmy Johnson and Richard Petty at Legacy, doesn't always relate to your team being successful.

23XI is doing pretty well, but have been around the shortest amount of time. I would say they currently have the most talented drivers among the three teams mentioned. Being in JGR equipment, more or less, is not hurting them either.

Old 06-20-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Now the question for SHR is who is going to replace Eric in the #10 if he does finally retire this year. Zane Smith was mentioned, but he is in a contract with another team and would need to be bought out.

SHR, to have so much promise, is still very dysfunctional still. Now with losing Harvick and all of his knowledge, it's going to be an uphill battle for that team.

It is interesting that having a Championship owner such as Tony or Jimmy Johnson and Richard Petty at Legacy, doesn't always relate to your team being successful.

23XI is doing pretty well, but have been around the shortest amount of time. I would say they currently have the most talented drivers among the three teams mentioned. Being in JGR equipment, more or less, is not hurting them either.
They bring Cole Custer back, I bet.

Old 06-20-2023, 08:48 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

Quote:
They bring Cole Custer back, I bet.

Ford can grease the wheels with Zane Smith, he's one they don't want to lose.. But.. he's not ready. He will, one day, have a good career in the Cup series. but.. Not yet.. Of course.. The last driver Ford didn't want to lose was Kasey Kahne. That didn't work out well. Rumor has it that Kahne has been considering a comeback. But, he's been in WoO and seems happy with that.

I think UpstateJohn is right. Custer makes the most sense right now. Put him in the car, give it 2 more years with Smith in Xfinity and.. Then bring him up. Kahne has no experience in the new cars. Well, that or talk Almirola out of retirement again.

The problem here. Look at their lineup and bench. I mean.. Nothing setting the world on fire. Does anyone see Riley Herbst being a top cup driver? Sorry.. I don't. The best I see for him is a J.J. Yeley type situation. Bouncing from team to team week to week.

Briscoe's ceiling seems to be about Almirola level, if not a little lower. Preece.. I still have hope for.

Old 06-22-2023, 11:04 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
In comparison to what NASCAR has become, this is an awesome bright spot. I dig the fact that Berry being his age gets a top ride. Also, the love and Loyalty that Jr has shown the kid , and the fact that he, Tony and Kevin all came together to put Josh in the 4 car. I hope he does well and proves them all right.

Love what Tony said..
“I am not interested in some kid’s father coming and buying their way into the Cup Series. I have zero interest in that,” Stewart said. “We want guys that earn their way, that work hard, that understand the values that it takes to be a top-tier driver – not one that just got his high school diploma and now all the sudden he’s a Cup driver. I’ve got zero interest in that. Josh has put the time, the effort, and every time he’s got an opportunity, he’s made the most of it. Those are the traits that championship drivers are built off of, not the easy ticket to get there.”

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...t-haas-racing/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing