Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2023, 10:30 AM

5,676 posts, read 5,896,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm actually glad the race just got pushed.. I was concerned that we'd have a situation last night, based on the weather here, where they would drag on thinking they might have a break in the weather and run 30 laps then stop again or something.

I'd just much rather run the whole race on a single day, even if it is delayed.

The Ware Shoals Catfish Feastival I made it to and had some dang good catfish, but.. Many of the vendors and the like either didn't show back up for Saturday due to the threat of rain, or packed it in early. Was pretty much a ghost town when I was there. Those of us here in the upstate, which seem to be many of us here.. Probably have heard of that before, but.. Explaining it for the rest of you.
Going off topic for a few, Im surprised they didnt cancel that, or at least postpone it. I guess they figured the weather guessers were going to be wrong.

Watching the Xfinity race now, and guess what, rain delay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2023, 11:31 AM

5,676 posts, read 5,896,314 times
X race postponed until after the cup race today/tonight. Will be shown of FS2.

Old 05-30-2023, 06:14 AM

5,725 posts, read 4,702,798 times
Usually not a fan of the 600, but it was actually a good race. Glad Blaney finally won again.

Old 05-30-2023, 07:10 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Coke 600
Race of attrition
Some decent racing
Bad day for Legacy , have fun with Toyota.
Hamlin sniveling... thinks Chase should be suspended for a race (laughable).
Wallace continues his quest to be the most unlikeable person in the sport. When you can get Aric Almirola
that upset!
Where was Wreck-em-Ross, didn't hear or see him all race. Is this his status when he has to race clean?
Blaney obviously had the best car and was able to seal the deal.

Old 05-30-2023, 12:28 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,412,521 times
Hamlin and Wallace can’t seem to get along with anybody. Of course it’s never their fault. Let’s see Hamlin and the media treat Elliott like they did Chastain. Never happen.

Old 05-30-2023, 01:00 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Bad day for Legacy , have fun with Toyota.

Toyota needs teams.. And Toyota has plenty of money to throw around.

I suspect that you'll see boosted performance from Legacy next year, though.. It may take half the year to start seeing those results. Being with a new manufacturer will mean a steep learning curve.

Right now, they're getting ECR engines, which.. Aren't bad.. But they'll be getting the TRD engines next year, which all come out of the same shop and are assigned to teams..

I think that's been one of the problems they've had with Chevy.. Well, that and being 6th or 7th in the pecking order.

Old 05-30-2023, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Toyota needs teams.. And Toyota has plenty of money to throw around.

I suspect that you'll see boosted performance from Legacy next year, though.. It may take half the year to start seeing those results. Being with a new manufacturer will mean a steep learning curve.

Right now, they're getting ECR engines, which.. Aren't bad.. But they'll be getting the TRD engines next year, which all come out of the same shop and are assigned to teams..

I think that's been one of the problems they've had with Chevy.. Well, that and being 6th or 7th in the pecking order.
Legacy has been slow in Chevy, can’t hurt to try something different.

Old 05-30-2023, 02:03 PM

Seeing if this will post as an image here. The Ross Chastain memes.. Some of them are pretty good.

Old 05-30-2023, 04:13 PM

Chase suspended 1 race. NASCAR finally consistent about similar things.

Old 05-30-2023, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Chase suspended 1 race. NASCAR finally consistent about similar things.

That's the only thing I agree about. At least they were consistent. There was.. No real question it was intentional.. Probably heat of the moment, but still.. Denny did everything possible to stay off him and.. Turned head on into the wall.. The good part of that, both were running fairly high, so.. The impact was lessened. Less intentional than the Bubba/Kyle Larson wreck.. But.. Intentional nonetheless.

That could have been.. Much worse had it happened at the bottom of the track, or Denny caught it and then overcorrected.

I'll put out something else i'm excited about. Corey LaJoie will fill the seat. No question because Xfinity is in Portland. Credit to Spire for letting him take the opportunity.. Of course, they're putting Carson Hocevar in the 7, which.. He can be something of a dart without feathers at times.

But I really hope Corey does well in this opportunity. He's not a bad driver at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing