Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2023, 07:33 AM

5,677 posts, read 5,898,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well I believe he's getting close... that's Rick's point. Probably going to hear less whining and see more retaliation. Wreck-em-Ross is going to have a tough time winning a Championship, When no one feels obliged to give him a break much less want to take him out. He's cost Larson a lot of valuable points ... time people start taking some away from him.

Might as well. They fine for anything now! If Larson , or anyone for that matter, is getting fed up with it, out race him, and stop whining about it. Oh, and who put him in the wall to win Kansas? But that was jus tracing, so................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2023, 10:13 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Might as well. They fine for anything now! If Larson , or anyone for that matter, is getting fed up with it, out race him, and stop whining about it. Oh, and who put him in the wall to win Kansas? But that was jus tracing, so................
They are out racing him... that's why he's wrecking them. You'll notice he isn't wrecking the guys back in 20th ... I reckon as they move further in the season you will see Kyle Busch, Logano, Hamlin and possibly Harvick (if he is in the hunt) begin to educate Wreck-em-Ross.
BTW, I didn't watch the race and haven't seen any response from Truex on Chastain wrecking his day. How did he take it?

Old 05-15-2023, 10:22 AM

8,607 posts, read 14,908,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
And how is the idea of "all cars are equal" make for a lot of passing??
Eh the trucks are more even than the Cup Series cars. They use crate engines. The problem is the NextGen chassis is a pile of crap. They get huge runs, but then when they get close to the rear of the car in front of them, the run stalls out. The side draft is virtually non-existent, too. They were talking about aero at Martinsville which is completely stupid.

Old 05-15-2023, 10:26 AM

1,162 posts, read 1,412,762 times
Quote:
NASCAR drivers are becoming a bunch of woke Bud Light drinkers. Earnhardt must be looking down shaking his head.

Old 05-15-2023, 11:56 AM

5,677 posts, read 5,898,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
They are out racing him... that's why he's wrecking them. You'll notice he isn't wrecking the guys back in 20th ... I reckon as they move further in the season you will see Kyle Busch, Logano, Hamlin and possibly Harvick (if he is in the hunt) begin to educate Wreck-em-Ross.
BTW, I didn't watch the race and haven't seen any response from Truex on Chastain wrecking his day. How did he take it?
Beats me, I only watched the last 70 or so laps. I spent time with my MIL yesterday, since my mom passed away.

Did they "educate" him last year, nope.

Old 05-15-2023, 12:08 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Darlington started out as a sleeper, with Truex Jr dominating the entire first stage. But after stage 2, things got interesting.

Chastain made his presence known again, to the detriment of the #5.

Willie B taking it to the house this year! That vintage #24 in victory lane was very cool to see. Did they say it was the #24 team overall 100th win? (I didn't do the math).

It was the 100th win for car 24, all by either Jeff Gordon (93) or William Byron (7)

It's still only the 5th winningest car number in history.

Can you name the other 4?

I'll spot you the top 2 because.. Well, everyone should get these. the 11 and the 43 with 229 and 200 wins respectively.

The other two numbers are tied with 101 wins.

One more hint.. The 21 only has 92 wins.

Old 05-15-2023, 01:24 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,954,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
So after that great race at Kansas, we're back to mediocre racing at Darlington. .....
While I enjoyed the Throwback theme, I found the racing to be disappointing. All I can say is, thank goodness for restarts! If it weren't for those, all 3 races would have been snooze fests. Maybe NASCAR should just have 20 lap shootouts for their races.

Old 05-15-2023, 05:54 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,705,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It was the 100th win for car 24, all by either Jeff Gordon (93) or William Byron (7)

It's still only the 5th winningest car number in history.

Can you name the other 4?

I'll spot you the top 2 because.. Well, everyone should get these. the 11 and the 43 with 229 and 200 wins respectively.

The other two numbers are tied with 101 wins.

One more hint.. The 21 only has 92 wins.
#2 and #3.

Old 05-16-2023, 06:29 AM

9,520 posts, read 9,836,609 times
Default Wishful thinking?

Here is a story about Carl Edwards, that says he is toying with the idea of coming back to racing.

https://sportsnaut.com/carl-edwards-...ar-retirement/

Old 05-16-2023, 06:40 AM

9,520 posts, read 9,836,609 times
Quote:
Oh boo-hoo for Hendricks. Maybe he should get up off his fat ass a run the team instead of letting Jeffey Jeff make the decisions and get fat too! I hope Ross wrecks every damn one of them! Im just about sick of people whining about Ross. Im going to have my #1 shirt on next week.
There is no denying that Chastain has the ability to be a NASCAR superstar. He has the potential to improve NASCAR provided he restricts his aggression and reserves it for important situations.

Chastain is currently being overly aggressive, which is losing him victories. The Trackhouse Racing driver can still be aggressive and win races, as Rick Hendrick said.

Ross has a lot of talent, but he needs to settle down and understand when to use his aggression. To be honest, Rick is correct, and if Chastain followed his advise, he would become a true celebrity and one of NASCAR's biggest stars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing