Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2023, 02:23 PM

5,716 posts, read 4,683,726 times

Advertisements

The most important part of the Poole/Chastain incident is that Chastain immediately owned it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2023, 03:24 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
The most important part of the Poole/Chastain incident is that Chastain immediately owned it.

If this happened last year.. Yeah, i'd agree. With.. A couple handfuls of incidents now, however.. No.. The more important part, to the other competitors, I believe.. Is that it happened again.

Old 05-02-2023, 04:43 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
If this happened last year.. Yeah, i'd agree. With.. A couple handfuls of incidents now, however.. No.. The more important part, to the other competitors, I believe.. Is that it happened again.
Yeah, I think at this point everyone including Ross acknowledge he's reckless (otherwise he wouldn't own it and be apologizing) unfortunately I can't think of any driver left that will do anything about it Harvick at this point isn't going to, maybe Kyle Busch on the wrong day.

Old 05-02-2023, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah, I think at this point everyone including Ross acknowledge he's reckless (otherwise he wouldn't own it and be apologizing) unfortunately I can't think of any driver left that will do anything about it Harvick at this point isn't going to, maybe Kyle Busch on the wrong day.

Denny will. Larson will if he gets it enough. Brad will, if he gets affected.

Did any of us REALLY see Kenseth as the type that would take out Logano?

Point being.. Some of these guys will surprise you. They have limits.

Old 05-03-2023, 05:20 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Denny will. Larson will if he gets it enough. Brad will, if he gets affected.

Did any of us REALLY see Kenseth as the type that would take out Logano?

Point being.. Some of these guys will surprise you. They have limits.
I agree, and what Kenseth did to Logano, was CLASSIC!!! Done on a "short track", where speeds are relatively low, nobody got hurt, but most definitely got the point across. I still get a laugh out of that "incident", whenever I recall it.....

Old 05-03-2023, 06:38 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Speaking of Logano, I don't believe that Ross has had a serious run in yet with Joey.

Everyone knows that Joey won't take that crap.

Old 05-03-2023, 07:33 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Default Shocker!

Legacy Motor Club will be switching to Toyota in 2024. The team co-owned by Richard Petty and Jimmy Johnson, will become the third organization on the NASCAR Cup Series grid with backing from Toyota and TRD.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Chevy's decision to drop the Camaro. I know that NASCAR can still run the body style for a while longer.

Last edited by USNRET04; 05-03-2023 at 07:42 AM..

Old 05-03-2023, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Legacy Motor Club will be switching to Toyota in 2024. The team co-owned by Richard Petty and Jimmy Johnson, will become the third organization on the NASCAR Cup Series grid with backing from Toyota and TRD.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Chevy's decision to drop the Camaro. I know that NASCAR can still run the body style for a while longer.

I'd put my money that it has more to do with Toyota having so few teams and needing one. And that.. The Camry seems to be a good car. They have 6 teams and all 6 won last year. And, hell, 3 of them have won already this year, If I remember right. Truex, Bell, Reddick

Toyota no doubt made a hard push at them to get them to flip as there's no question they need more teams.

Basically, come here and you can be the third team and two of eight cars, or stick with Chevy and get the scraps after Hendrick, Childress, Trackhouse and Kaulig pick the meat off that bone.

Pretty much a no brainer, IMO, from a business sense.

And.. This also means that Johnson, a 7 time champ in a Chevy will now be flying the Toyota banner on the track. I mean, not that he did a whole lot of advertising for Chevy since his 'retirement', but.. I'll bet Toyota finds a way to use him.

Old 05-03-2023, 10:09 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
Quote:
I'd put my money that it has more to do with Toyota having so few teams and needing one. And that.. The Camry seems to be a good car. They have 6 teams and all 6 won last year. And, hell, 3 of them have won already this year, If I remember right. Truex, Bell, Reddick

Toyota no doubt made a hard push at them to get them to flip as there's no question they need more teams.

Basically, come here and you can be the third team and two of eight cars, or stick with Chevy and get the scraps after Hendrick, Childress, Trackhouse and Kaulig pick the meat off that bone.

Pretty much a no brainer, IMO, from a business sense.

And.. This also means that Johnson, a 7 time champ in a Chevy will now be flying the Toyota banner on the track. I mean, not that he did a whole lot of advertising for Chevy since his 'retirement', but.. I'll bet Toyota finds a way to use him.
A Disgrace! I know I know ...Its a business decision but even at that you would never see an Earnhardt SR or Jr driving a Toyota, never see Richard Childress or Jack Roush going to Toyota.
Having said that Johnson and Co obviously decided they would be further ahead being part of JGR than they were with RCR.

Old 05-03-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
A Disgrace! I know I know ...Its a business decision but even at that you would never see an Earnhardt SR or Jr driving a Toyota, never see Richard Childress or Jack Roush going to Toyota.
Having said that Johnson and Co obviously decided they would be further ahead being part of JGR than they were with RCR.

We could have said the same thing about Tony Stewart going to Ford.

Or Penske going to Dodge.

Or, honestly, JGR going to Toyota. remember that they were with GM for 17 years. The first 5 with Chevy, then 6 years with Pontiac and the last 6 back with Chevy.

They were an afterthought those first 5 years, then were the top of the food chain with Pontiac, and fell back into the pack with Chevy (Though, remember, they won a championship with Tony during that time)

Toyota had.. Plenty of money and needed a flagship team.. And.. 2008 was a pretty dang good year for both. A year that Kyle SHOULD have won a championship, but the wheels came off (Literally and figuratively) during the chase.

Toyota's original lineup of Bill Davis, Michael Waltrip and Red Bull.. None of them were capable of doing what JGR was. One would have THOUGHT that Red Bull would have put enough money in, but.. All three teams stunk up the joint in 2007.

All this to say.. If the price is right.. Anyone will move. BUT.. Chevy would have to basically go bankrupt (again) for them to not match any offer to Hendrick or Childress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing