Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2022, 06:20 PM

5,170 posts, read 6,136,412 times

Advertisements

Kyle Larson dominated today showing he should be in the running for the cup this year but I understand the point system and the need for excitement but I am still not thrilled with the possibility of pure luck taking you to the end instead of consistency throughout the year.

Larson has three wins this season, 12 top 5’s and 17 top 10’s. Which is better than Logan’s stats I believe if you judge the entire season.

It is what it is.

Last edited by JBtwinz; 10-23-2022 at 06:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2022, 07:01 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Led 199 laps ?! Nice work Larson! Wonder if Bubba texted congrats from the couch. I'm not a believer in karma but...

Old 10-23-2022, 09:15 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehcsrop View Post
Kinda sorry Hamlin didn't make it...again. He seems to be the modern day Mark Martin. Lots of top drivers retire w/o ever achieving a championship but Denny deserves one, it he can catch some breaks. If he doesn't get there by next year IDT it will happen.
There’s still one more race to qualify for the finally.

Old 10-24-2022, 05:14 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Led 199 laps ?! Nice work Larson! Wonder if Bubba texted congrats from the couch. I'm not a believer in karma but...
That car was plain dominant yesterday. Really enjoyed the racing between AJ and Ross, that was fun! Little surprised that the 19 raced his teammate the 11 that hard at the end, seeing that the 11 needed every point he could get.

BTW, the incident between the 5 and 19 on pit road was surely Truex's fault. His team knew that, seeing that Martin did not slide into the pit earlier. If you brake check someone (not intentionally), you can expect to get bumped in the rear especially since its normal for the guy behind you to be "drafting" you down pit lane.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:10 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Larson’s burnout was one of the best ever. His car was just that much better than everyone but Truex. Not sure what Truex was trying to do on pit road. I would have liked to have seen the in car data from Truex to see how hard he hit the brakes.

NBC coverage was a complete drama fest.

Old 10-24-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
That car was plain dominant yesterday. Really enjoyed the racing between AJ and Ross, that was fun! Little surprised that the 19 raced his teammate the 11 that hard at the end, seeing that the 11 needed every point he could get.

BTW, the incident between the 5 and 19 on pit road was surely Truex's fault. His team knew that, seeing that Martin did not slide into the pit earlier. If you brake check someone (not intentionally), you can expect to get bumped in the rear especially since its normal for the guy behind you to be "drafting" you down pit lane.
Sounds like it. I didn't get to watch it, (out with the little woman for our 35 anniversary). She looked up to see who won, so that was nice surprise.
Good way to come back and put last week in the rearview.
Now looking to young William to pull out a W at Martinsville.

Old 10-24-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Larson’s burnout was one of the best ever. His car was just that much better than everyone but Truex. Not sure what Truex was trying to do on pit road. I would have liked to have seen the in car data from Truex to see how hard he hit the brakes.

NBC coverage was a complete drama fest.
Evidently, they were having trouble seeing through the windshield coming down pit road.

Old 10-24-2022, 09:32 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
I'm just scoffing at the #19 team to even think that #5 would have punted Martin on pit road. Especially of what happened with another Toyota last week!

Martin made a mistake, stuff happens.

Old 10-24-2022, 11:30 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

Yes. There hasn't been a car that much better than the field in a while.

And yes, the incident on pit road was Truex's fault. Leave the brake check (Which I don't really think is a proper term for what happened) out of it, you get hit while you're turning into your pit, you're likely to get spun. He should have ducked to the inside well before he finally did.

I don't particularly think Martin had anything for the 5, but.. Would have been nice to find out for sure. He is hungry, so, you never know. Needing/wanting that win after a drought can get you an extra tenth or so.

Old 10-24-2022, 01:15 PM

5,169 posts, read 4,942,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Kyle Larson dominated today showing he should be in the running for the cup this year but I understand the point system and the need for excitement but I am still not thrilled with the possibility of pure luck taking you to the end instead of consistency throughout the year.

Larson has three wins this season, 12 top 5’s and 17 top 10’s. Which is better than Logan’s stats I believe if you judge the entire season.

It is what it is.
Couldn't agree more. The way things are set up now, someone can theoretically win every single race up to Phoenix and still lose the championship if they didn't beat one of the other field-of-four drivers.

I would much rather see the final four compete for a best-of in points for the last three or so races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing