Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2022, 04:33 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times

Advertisements

Apparently some didnt like the move Ross made. Called it an embarrassment. You can tell the Youtube hosts who agrees with Larson. Even saw a few on Facebook who didnt like it. For all those haters, I give you the LaBonte18 big double pumper middlle finger!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2022, 05:59 AM

6,435 posts, read 3,140,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Keselowski disqualified... failure to meet minimum weight.
Not that I'm a big fan of Brad, but one can't help but ask, "How is that possible"?? NASCAR has seen to it that THEY specify just about every nut, bolt, and lock washer that every car is assembled with, and each car is inspected with a magnifying glass before the race, so how does it suddenly "lose weight" during the race?

Or, was the loose brake hose that popped out on the front straight, from Brad's car, and losing the 10 ounces that it weighed, gave him a distinct advantage??

Old 10-31-2022, 06:22 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Not that I'm a big fan of Brad, but one can't help but ask, "How is that possible"?? NASCAR has seen to it that THEY specify just about every nut, bolt, and lock washer that every car is assembled with, and each car is inspected with a magnifying glass before the race, so how does it suddenly "lose weight" during the race?

Or, was the loose brake hose that popped out on the front straight, from Brad's car, and losing the 10 ounces that it weighed, gave him a distinct advantage??
Ross knocked it off.

Which brings up a question, do they still use the lead weights to mae the cars even?

Old 10-31-2022, 08:24 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Regarding Chastain's move and those (yes including my boy Larson) that are "embarrassed " about it.
I agree with Harvick... "Like the move or not, very few have the guts to do WHATEVER it takes in the moment. Some talk and some actually do it. #EPIC"
AMEN to that Harvick!

I was pulling for Byron to get in yesterday but after watching his sleepy performance with his apathetic sleepy post-race ... "Well it just wasn't meant to be" interview.... Ross Chastain was told he needed 2 spots on the last lap, asked if he could get them, slammed that Mamma Jama into 5th gear and stood on it and rode the wall into the final 4! (Thats how you make it meant to be William)
I'm just going to say it right now Chase Elliot better find some fire if he thinks he's going to beat those other 3. Logano is going in there to get it done, Bell has some collection of lucky horseshoes Hes been pulling out and Chastain just showed he is going to do whatever it takes.

The boys over at Hendrick better stiffen up the coffee or something cause they're going to need it.

Old 10-31-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post

I am fan of a driver like Brad leaving the security of his top ride at a top team to go and try and help resurrect one of the once top teams in NASCAR. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I might start thinking NASCAR does do not want to see that happen for some reason. Could it be Jack Roush has been an outspoke dinosaur part of NASCARs past and not part of the new NASCAR.

In the same spirit I will be one of Kyle Busch's many new fans (did I actually just say that outload) as he does the same at RCR next Year driving a Chevy. PS. I do think Kyle has gained some humility and maturity through this whole process. We will find out.

Last edited by silas777; 10-31-2022 at 08:47 AM..

Old 10-31-2022, 08:50 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Apparently some didnt like the move Ross made. Called it an embarrassment. You can tell the Youtube hosts who agrees with Larson. Even saw a few on Facebook who didnt like it. For all those haters, I give you the LaBonte18 big double pumper middlle finger!

Mmmm.. First things first.. This isn't the first time we've seen this. It's the first time it worked. Carl Edwards did it at Kansas back in.. 2012-ish trying to beat Jimmie Johnson.

2008. It was 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS47QyGrFJQ

Second.. Props to Chastain for pulling it off..

Third.. Yeah.. This can't happen again. It was cool to see, I don't have any problem with what Ross did in the circumstances.. But.. From multiple standpoints, including safety.. This can't become commonplace. Chalk it to the rule that on the last lap a car can't receive assistance making it around the track. Well, that's getting it from the wall. Because Ross would have wound up in Richmond if that wall wasn't there. And this was a short track. This was.. Probably the only place it would have worked.

Of course.. Remember that Harvick a few years back at Talladega pretty much intentionally wrecked the field to advance, and nothing came out of that. He intentionally wrecked Kyle Busch trying to advance a few years ago.. That didn't work out as I don't think he made it back to the start/finish after that. He also.. There's another one where Harvick.. Oh, last year.. When he wrecked Chase Elliott.. That one came back to bite him, too.

Anyway.. The four is set. Who wins? Well.. all things told.. Logano looks to have the edge overall.. Chastain I just don't see it, Elliott hasn't been running well enough overall.. So, To me, it comes down to Logano vs Bell.. And the only reason I go with Logano is because of experience.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:15 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
I figure if Logano is about to win, Byron might find it a good time for payback. Same with Denny and Chastain.

I’m picking Bell. He’s been as clutch this year as anyone.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:44 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I absolutely LOVED the move!! I really like Ross's personality. NASCAR needs Ross Chastain.

BTW John, I ate a nice heaping serving of CROW Saturday after the Xfinity Race. I was cheerleading for Ty Gibbs, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt in this forum.

But after punting his own teammate like that, the kid has a LOT to learn. The vets in CUP won't have any of that and Ty will find out the hard way.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:48 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Anyway.. The four is set. Who wins? Well.. all things told.. Logano looks to have the edge overall.. Chastain I just don't see it, Elliott hasn't been running well enough overall.. So, To me, it comes down to Logano vs Bell.. And the only reason I go with Logano is because of experience.
As much as I don't want to see Joey win, you are correct in your analysis. Just hope that Chase was holding something back for next Sunday.

It will be a hoot if Ross wins.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I absolutely LOVED the move!! I really like Ross's personality. NASCAR needs Ross Chastain.

BTW John, I ate a nice heaping serving of CROW Saturday after the Xfinity Race. I was cheerleading for Ty Gibbs, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt in this forum.

But after punting his own teammate like that, the kid has a LOT to learn. The vets in CUP won't have any of that and Ty will find out the hard way.
You mean Jesus ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing