Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2022, 09:27 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Thanks! Looks like another type of head injury from these cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Well we can’t really say this season didn’t have a tremendous amount of story lines.

Another incident at the Xfinity race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWt2PJh5OQ4
I saw that! That was a mean punch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah, you know what, I put it on Joe and Coy Gibbs. First, the kid didn't get to be the way he is overnight so that is on the parents. Second, I really don't understand Joe Gibbs mentality, but he has put up with p*nk ass behavior for years from KB and Hamlin and now he has the little one coming up who no doubt witnessed that his whole life and thinks that's how you get to behave.
After the first time... it takes one conversation, after the second time...you tell him this is the last conversation, and it is done.
Obviously neither Joe nor Coy have that in them or they actually do condone that behavior in which case they are lying when they say they don't.

Joe made it sound like Ty is going to have some real tough consequences that he is going to have to go through, didn't elaborate and the reporter didn't bother asking but we'll see. Maybe just the embarrassment of Gibbs throughout the garage is enough for him to put his foot down.
His success is what had led to his holier than thou attitude. Whe nhe won in Arca he didnt act like a child, and ws very professional, but as he won in X and Arca the same year he git cmore cocky with each race he won. Whos to blame? All of them! But Ty has lost friens and made enemies now, he wont be as successful in CUp for sure! Reminds me of Kyle Busch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2022, 10:15 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
You figure if you were the grandson of a NFL Head Coach, that discipline, following the rules, etc...would be a pretty high priority in the family.

Unlike most kids, Ty has had plenty of facetime with Grandpa. Probably spent more time with him that some kids spend time with their own dads.

Coach doesn't have much time left on this earth, you would think that for all he has done for Ty, that Ty could honor him on the way he is on the track. I rather have an honorable son/grandson than multiple wins or championship.

Ty, being a follower of Christ, knows that God doesn't care how many wins he has when judgement day cometh.

Certainly is a head scratcher.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:47 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,403,833 times
Joe is too nice to his Grandson. It's nice to be nice but the kid doesn't deserve it. I'm really puzzled by it as Joe is a pretty special guy. If he were to drive for me, he would sure need an attitude change, Grandson or not.

Old 11-01-2022, 12:54 PM

17,576 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
His success is what had led to his holier than thou attitude. Whe nhe won in Arca he didnt act like a child, and ws very professional, but as he won in X and Arca the same year he git cmore cocky with each race he won. Whos to blame? All of them! But Ty has lost friens and made enemies now, he wont be as successful in CUp for sure! Reminds me of Kyle Busch!

I'm pretty sure if he has the success of Kyle Busch in Cup.. He'll be quite happy with that.

I'm not sure how he'll do in Cup. Remember that Kyle suuuuuuucked the few races he ran in the 84 in 2004. Ty has run more races than Kyle did at that time. Started out well, but hasn't done much lately.

Sponsorship will wind up being an issue and that will likely wind up being the settling factor with him.

Old 11-01-2022, 04:29 PM

6,435 posts, read 3,140,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I find it very strange myself. Here is a top driver in the series that repeatedly gets garbage cars. But Truex didn’t have a great ride either.
Truex, a former NASCAR champion, no less, hasn't had a great ride all season!

Old 11-01-2022, 07:14 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,942,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You mean Jesus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
That was a rediclous statement for him to make!
I missed that. What did he say?

Old 11-02-2022, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
I missed that. What did he say?
Around the 4:40 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yITkIrwBXs

Old 11-02-2022, 06:36 AM

As if I needed to dis-like him even more.

I won't be wishing him any luck in Cup.

Old 11-02-2022, 06:37 AM

Which brings me to the next question.

Who will be sponsoring him?

Old 11-02-2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Which brings me to the next question.

Who will be sponsoring him?
Well, the deal is he isnt going to run Cup until next year, according to Papa, but I suspect that he will, be in the 18, with either part time sponsors (That would have been on there anyways such as Interstate), and/or none and Papa flips the bill. I havent heard anything official.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing