Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 06:10 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Probably, if theres a spot, but not next year. He may have his own reality show too. "Ty Dillons Life in the Slow Lane"
Maybe Richard makes a spot for him . Reality show would probably work ... my wife follows his wife , she is a looker! They appear to be a real decent couple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
If he's not careful, Gibbs is gonna win in that car. The kid is steadily improving as he gets more seat time. Short a speeding penalty at Michigan.. He MIGHT have had a top 5. Would have been close.

John Hunter's gotta be at least a little ticked off.

Word is that they're going to put Austin Hill in the 8. I thought Ty Dillon myself. Gragson was pretty well set that he was going to the 42. Honestly.. He could do better, but nothing better is particularly available.

Did you all see the uproar about SHR's 'big announcement'?

People were.. WILDLY speculating that they were either going back to Chevy or had signed Kyle Busch.. Or BOTH.. The huge announcement was that they were offering NFTs. Or, as I like to say.. Scamming people.
Yeah hahaha, when you got Kyle Busch possibley available and looking for a ride ... probably the worst time ever to be moving up to cup.

Old 08-11-2022, 06:41 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Quote:
If he's not careful, Gibbs is gonna win in that car. The kid is steadily improving as he gets more seat time. Short a speeding penalty at Michigan.. He MIGHT have had a top 5. Would have been close.

John Hunter's gotta be at least a little ticked off.

Word is that they're going to put Austin Hill in the 8. I thought Ty Dillon myself. Gragson was pretty well set that he was going to the 42. Honestly.. He could do better, but nothing better is particularly available.

Did you all see the uproar about SHR's 'big announcement'?

People were.. WILDLY speculating that they were either going back to Chevy or had signed Kyle Busch.. Or BOTH.. The huge announcement was that they were offering NFTs. Or, as I like to say.. Scamming people.
Baby boy will be in a Gibbs car, but Papa said 1 more year in X, but that wouldnt stop him from signing with someone else. So if he were to sign with 23XI, would Papa still support 23XI? He does have talent, but needs more experience.

Havent heard about Hill going to the 8 car. I know he was running the 33 for, how many races in Cup?

I knew SHRs announcemet was BS to start with. Stewarts too involved with other thnigs right now to worry about his Cup team.

Old 08-11-2022, 06:43 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Maybe Richard makes a spot for him . Reality show would probably work ... my wife follows his wife , she is a looker! They appear to be a real decent couple.
Nah! BTDT and it didnt work out. Ty just isnt as good of a driver as Austin.

Old 08-11-2022, 07:58 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Isn't also possible that Ty can win the 18 ride? There is still so much unknown with Kyle Busch. Internet rumors are flying around that Joe Gibbs is not even talking contract with Kyle anymore. So IF that is true and IF Kyle leaves, you know who Joe is putting in the 18.

I think one way or another, Ty Gibbs will be in a full ride in Cup next season. It just makes the most sense. It will give him the best opportunity to keep a somewhat level playing field with his peers in the NextGen car that are already in Cup rides. Noah for instance. The longer Ty waits, the better the field is getting in this new car.

As stated on DBC podcast, Denny Hamlin "could kick the tires" of putting Kyle in Kurt's ride, if Kurt retires. That would keep Toyota happy for a year.

Old 08-11-2022, 09:04 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Isn't also possible that Ty can win the 18 ride? There is still so much unknown with Kyle Busch. Internet rumors are flying around that Joe Gibbs is not even talking contract with Kyle anymore. So IF that is true and IF Kyle leaves, you know who Joe is putting in the 18.

I think one way or another, Ty Gibbs will be in a full ride in Cup next season. It just makes the most sense. It will give him the best opportunity to keep a somewhat level playing field with his peers in the NextGen car that are already in Cup rides. Noah for instance. The longer Ty waits, the better the field is getting in this new car.

As stated on DBC podcast, Denny Hamlin "could kick the tires" of putting Kyle in Kurt's ride, if Kurt retires. That would keep Toyota happy for a year.

The only way that Ty winds up in Cup next year is if Kyle leaves. JJ Yeley wasn't ready and wasn't planned to go into a cup car back in '06, but then they had the 11 AND the 18 open up and it forced their hand.

He does need the additional year in Xfinity.. Simply from a maturity standpoint. I think we've seen him mature as the year has gone by. The first part of the year was all about him being too aggressive.. And we're really not hearing that now.

Old 08-11-2022, 01:37 PM

Prediction.... Little Ryan Blaney and Martin Truex DO NOT make the playoffs. Brad K wins and does.

Old 08-11-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Prediction.... Little Ryan Blaney and Martin Truex DO NOT make the playoffs. Brad K wins and does.

I presume you're talking about at Daytona. Because I don't see him winning at Richmond and it's laughable to think of him winning at Watkins Glen the way he's done on road courses the past few years.

The only way he makes it in is if either he wins TWICE or he's the only new winner in the next three races.

If he wins and, say Truex wins (Truex is actually the vegas favorite to win at Richmond this week).. Brad's out because he'd be the lowest in points.

I'd say there's lower odds of that than Kurt missing the playoffs.

Old 08-12-2022, 10:59 AM

Childress /Dillon , working on expanding and diversifying nascar fanbase.
https://www.nascar.com/long-form/a-d...-drivers-seat/

Old 08-12-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Gidddyup! Childress /Dillon , working on expanding and diversifying nascar fanbase.
https://www.nascar.com/long-form/a-d...-drivers-seat/

Wow. Reading through that, two things jumped out at me.

1) PBR is team-based now? Didn't know that.

2) Austin Dillon is losing his hair worse than me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing