Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 10:24 PM

434 posts, read 1,106,180 times

Advertisements

emm...You should probably move..But Im sure your the type of person that will complain no matter where you live, and I'm sure thats why you wont.

PROS
-Amazing weather
-Sunsets
-Mountain Views
-Outdoor activities
-Sight seeing day trips
-Better Economy than most
-Restaurants
-PLENTY of culture
-Uptown
-Oldtown

Cons
-Dusty
-Its not as big as a city as LA/NY/CHI so less entertainment for some..But sufficient for most
-traffic? (every bigger city will have traffic issues)
-Crime? (every bigger city)
-NO PRO TEAMS!

Old 12-18-2011, 10:34 PM

313 posts, read 329,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
emm...You should probably move..But Im sure your the type of person that will complain no matter where you live, and I'm sure thats why you wont.

PROS
-Amazing weather
-Sunsets
-Mountain Views
-Outdoor activities
-Sight seeing day trips
-Better Economy than most
-Restaurants
-PLENTY of culture
-Uptown
-Oldtown

Cons
-Dusty
-Its not as big as a city as LA/NY/CHI so less entertainment for some..But sufficient for most
-traffic? (every bigger city will have traffic issues)
-Crime? (every bigger city)
-NO PRO TEAMS!
So what do people do? just *stare* at the scenery all day? hike out every weekend? Spend all their money eating out? Doesn't that get old? lol

Old 12-18-2011, 10:35 PM

You can go to the bars? I don't know what your into.. What do people do in bigger cities thats so much different?

Old 12-18-2011, 10:36 PM

Im not a huge hiker, but I know the people that do like it, do not ever get bored of it.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:27 PM

995 posts, read 2,727,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
So what do people do? just *stare* at the scenery all day? hike out every weekend?l
I'd rather stare at the mountains than stare at skyscrapers. I honestly don't understand why people continue to compare ABQ to places like NY/LA/CHI. Those cities are in a league of their own. When people ask me why I like ABQ so much. I tell sometimes tell them they wouldn't understand. I'll leave it at that.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,626,089 times
Every time I see people complain about places being boring I have one question in my mind: What's your idea of fun stuff to do? What would like to be doing that you can't in this place?

In pretty much every place in this country (save really rural areas perhaps) there is stuff to do. You just have to be smart enough, or rather savvy enough to know what's going on. You also have to be a fun person who can have a good time on your own and around other people no matter where you are or what particular event you are attending.

But the question remains - what does Albuquerque (or any other place for that matter) not offer that you'd like to be doing?

I'd really like answers because I just don't get it. I've lived in Albuquerque all my life so I'm not used to the things available in places like New York City, but I do know that Albuquerque offers pretty much everything available in bigger places like that, just on a smaller and different level.

I'm talking about live theater and performances, galleries and an art scene, museums, live music and bars/clubs, restaurants, shopping in walkable areas, pro and college sports teams to root for and games to attend (minor league teams are professional sports) and other athletic events to attend (this past weekend's New Mexico Bowl, for example), etc.

Again, they may not be on the same level or quality of similar things in bigger cities, but they are available here as things to see, do and attend nonetheless.

Albuquerque has plenty to do and offer besides recreation and outdoor activities. All you have to do is seek them out. Don't blame the city itself if you're not savvy enough to do so on your own.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:12 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,060,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
So what do people do? just *stare* at the scenery all day? hike out every weekend? Spend all their money eating out? Doesn't that get old? lol
Visit or do the following

Spend time with friends/family

Visit art galleries/museums

Wine Tasting or go to one of the wineries in town

Take my son to all types of activities all over town

Walk/Ride along the Bosque/Tramway

Hike lots of different trails including Sandia Mountain and Petroglyph National Monument

Zoo

Botanic Gardens

Aquarium

Day/Weekend trips around the state

Take courses at UNM Continuing Ed/CNM

Have drinks and socialize at the plethora of restaurants or bars

Hot Air Balloon ride

Tram

National Hispanic Cultural Center

Plays

Music

GOLF (my favorite)

Isotopes

UNM Basketball

Shopping in Nob Hill or other places

Old Town

Movies

Jazzbah

Concerts at Sandia/Hard Rock/ Pavilion

White Water Rafting up north

etc....etc...etc...etc...etc

Yes, there is nothing to do here

Last edited by NMHacker; 12-19-2011 at 12:26 PM..

Old 12-20-2011, 11:36 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
To ninety-five of 16-26 year-olds, 'fun' is defined as clubbing/nightlife. 'Boredom', to that demographic, is anything that does not fit into the category, clubbing/nightlife.

Albuquerque has limited offerings in clubbing/nightlife, thus to ninety-five of 16-26 year-olds, Albuquerque is boring.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:44 PM

Isn't there a few clubs downtown somewhere? You know what would be a million $ idea, is a club in Rio Rancho...Just saying, its going to continue you grow and young people aren't willing to drive 30-45 min to the clubs in Albuquerque..

Old 12-21-2011, 09:25 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,060,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
To ninety-five of 16-26 year-olds, 'fun' is defined as clubbing/nightlife. 'Boredom', to that demographic, is anything that does not fit into the category, clubbing/nightlife.

Albuquerque has limited offerings in clubbing/nightlife, thus to ninety-five of 16-26 year-olds, Albuquerque is boring.
Yes, youth is wasted on the young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque