Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 09:15 PM

10 posts, read 18,504 times

Advertisements

haha- yes I meant Tract housing (the last time I posted I said it again as a joke to myself) I have the flu and and an very out of it-I think its funny I wrote that also- I enjoy the joking-

I felt Rio Rancho was represented a different kind of life then I think of when I am in New Mexico-If you know Portland area there is a town Called Beaverton and its strip malls, the houses are all very similiar and its clean and nice just not my ideal... I understand many liking it there, and I am happy they found what they needed.

So Edgewood is more an area for people with horses and livestock in mind... I have seen some beautiful houses out there fully furnished with everything I want and great price tags- BUT my husband will be working in the city so I think that may be to far...

I will checkout the areas you have suggested- Thank you again for your humor and info-

Old 11-20-2011, 09:21 PM

oh and whats a Troll??? Ive heard it in a few forums here (or people accusing others of being one) where I am from thats a dirty old man trying to pick up young people- lol- just saying... I am not that!

Old 11-20-2011, 09:37 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,648,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandJen View Post
oh and whats a Troll??? Ive heard it in a few forums here (or people accusing others of being one) where I am from thats a dirty old man trying to pick up young people- lol- just saying... I am not that!
It's a person whose main interest in posting is to inflame and create chaos and controversy on the board and fighting among its members.

Here are some links to definitions and more:

Urban Dictionary: internet troll

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Old 11-21-2011, 08:49 AM

25 posts, read 97,752 times
Well, life is what you make of it.

I was born and raised here, but have been plenty of places. I have to say that I'm always glad to come home.

Food is great (true, not five star like San Fran or New York), but there's enough of a good variety so you don't get bored. Entertainment--again, it's not world class, but there's always something going on somewhere here if you take the time to look.

Crime--okay, there is crime here, but I never see it. I suppose if I hung out with criminals I might see more of it. To the poster whose husband got mugged--random crime can happen anywhere at any time. There are parts of ABQ, like any city, where you're more likely to be victimized, but you just stay away from those areas and take care of yourself.

I guess the one negative here really is drunk drivers. For whatever reason, some people just don't get it.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:09 PM

Oh Well not a troll- AT ALL!!! - I can not like Rio Rancho right? I had no clue that was crazy I guess I will be more careful How I say stuff- This was my first post EVER and I just joined soooooo-

Old 11-22-2011, 06:44 AM

662 posts, read 1,456,768 times
If schools are important to you, the NE Heights might be your choice. It isn't hip with cool shops like Nob Hill, but there are some pretty houses and neighborhoods with many trees. The schools are among the best in Albuquerque. You will find some tract homes in your price range, but if you're going for a smaller home with only three bedrooms, you can definitely find a non-tract home for under 250k in some parts of NE Heights.

I tried to post a photo of my neighborhood, but couldn't figure out how to download it. Is it possible and if so, how do I do it?

Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,755,355 times
I really wouldn't buy a house straight away, you should rent for at least 6 months, get a feel for the town, get to know the different areas, neighbourhoods and school districts.

Home prices aren't about to start going up anytime soon so there is really no rush to buy at this moment in time.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:44 AM

1,993 posts, read 4,083,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandJen View Post
Oh Well not a troll- AT ALL!!! - I can not like Rio Rancho right? I had no clue that was crazy I guess I will be more careful How I say stuff- This was my first post EVER and I just joined soooooo-
It's just that Rio Rancho has diverse neighborhoods also. Albuquerque is littered with tack homes also. Rio Rancho has a large footprint and many different aspects to it. There are certainly tract homes (just like Albuquerque) but there are many areas that have beautiful custom homes also.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,043 times
Default Avoid strangers in albuquerque

Keep a low profile in any big city thats my advice there is so many characters out there just like if you approach a stray dog,you dont just reach out to it and wait to get bit.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,043 times
Keep that attitude we need people like you here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque