Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 02:08 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,071,084 times

Advertisements

I agree with rantiquity on this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 02:09 PM

2,539 posts, read 1,907,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Poorly???? In my county we have had 2 active cases as of this morning, no deaths and no one was ever hospitalized and those two was because of Seattle morons infecting our citizens.
We are a country of interconnected citizens. What happens in Florida isn't going to stay in Florida, or Texas, or Arizona......or Seattle. Until Americans acknowledge that we are in this together, we will continue to see areas backsliding and numbers rising. How is this good for anyone?

Old 06-28-2020, 02:17 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,086,413 times
I agree that we are interconnected... not just in this country, but the world. This is why I believe we should be protecting the vulnerable, but otherwise expecting the disease to run its course. It's too late to close the barn door. The horses have already run out.

We may be able to protect particular individuals through diligent use of masks, but I don't think we'll stop the disease. Slowing the curve never promised fewer infections, only slowed them down and spread them out over time.

Old 06-28-2020, 02:19 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,405,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
We are a country of interconnected citizens. What happens in Florida isn't going to stay in Florida, or Texas, or Arizona......or Seattle. Until Americans acknowledge that we are in this together, we will continue to see areas backsliding and numbers rising. How is this good for anyone?

If you are in a highly infected area stay at home, join a protest or something if you want to be interconnected...don't go to an area that has little or fewer cases like where I live.

We are not all in this together and I don't want to be together with people from Seattle...Stay away until the crisis is over.

Old 06-28-2020, 02:30 PM

I know darn well that I can not speak for rantiquity but I believe that we are in the same county.

Our county is pure country.

Our county does take this in a serious way.
Even before all the mandatory rules our area took this very seriously.

Where we live you would be shamed for not wearing full PPE and that includes gloves while shopping even at the extreme early stages of this pandemic.

The quote “but muh freedom” is rather quite offensive in my opinion.

That’s all I got.
Andy

Old 06-28-2020, 02:30 PM

13,061 posts, read 7,497,585 times
Please to say, that on my walk this morning in Redmond(Sunday 6/29) people at Whole Foods, Safeway, FredMeyer, and HomeDepot were wearing masks. Just one white guy in a white shirt and tie (HD) didn't but he also knew eyes were on him.

My wife and I will be wearing a mask and asked our 35 yo son to wear a mask while he is visiting and getting resupplied with food. USA needs a rapid and reliable test ASAP, even if we have to buy it from China.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:14 PM

1,348 posts, read 705,682 times
state should be shut down before the 4th drunkfest party spreads it out of control

Old 06-28-2020, 06:15 PM

1,348 posts, read 705,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I know darn well that I can not speak for rantiquity but I believe that we are in the same county.

Our county is pure country.

Our county does take this in a serious way.
Even before all the mandatory rules our area took this very seriously.

Where we live you would be shamed for not wearing full PPE and that includes gloves while shopping even at the extreme early stages of this pandemic.

The quote “but muh freedom” is rather quite offensive in my opinion.

That’s all I got.
Andy
Exactly

Old 06-28-2020, 06:25 PM

Yeah leastprime I do agree with you on the testing.

This is our weak point.
Bar none.
Make no mistake about it.

It takes near a miracle to get testerd here.

In my opinion our lack of testing and tracking is our weak point.
Not to mention that we were totally lied to about not needing masks.
That lie just makes me sick.

It is not our rural country areas.
Not the folks that speak with a country drawl that support our country lifestyle.

Our weak point is the city peeps that do not seem to care.

I am privileged to work for a stellar company in an environment where where we are totally isolated and where we are monitored and screened daily for symptoms.
We also work in areas that keep us 40 feet away from other people.

I know that we are privileged and some are not.

If you have sniffles, a cough or a higher temp you will be out of work until you are found to be worthy and that means several negative tests from a hospital, not a random drive though thing along with a 14 day isolation period.

But just try to get tested and you will be waited for most of your 14 day isolation period.
How crappy is that?

In my rural area we just hate the influx of out of towners.
I know this quite well due to me currently having CA plates and a Frisco phone area code in an area where I normally shouldn’t even be.
Make no mistake about it.
We/they don’t want strangers here.

We are so much better when we are isolated.
I can say that I am totally in the “boonies” here and up north and am very thanks for that.
All the best.
Andy.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:36 PM

13,061 posts, read 7,497,585 times
Unfortunately DJT has chosen to have a test developed in the USA, which had some "issues". He could have allowed a WHO test or use a non USA developed test in conjunction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington