Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2020, 02:24 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,201,945 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 03:35 PM

1,195 posts, read 987,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It is a government mandate to keep people safe from harm. If one has no response, one can just say that.
So according to CNN, a mouth of fake news, Hawaii has only 1/100,000 positively tested Covid19 deaths:
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...ses/index.html

This is a state based on tourism. I can only bet that more than 1/100,000 person has died from the effects of the shutdown of a tourism-driven economy.

I think Hawaiians would be reluctant to count deaths that weren't due to covid19. The opposite is true for places like NJ, CT, NY... places that aren't particularly tourists based but still have strict mask mandates.

WA state has a relatively lower death rate. TX has a very very low death rate. Alaska and Montana have 2/100,000 deaths. Except for the northeast, which has the toughest mask wearing mandates, the US is generally quite safe from the virus. More people die from automobile accidents, crime, cancer, overdose etc etc etc than covid19. I expect my county to enter phase 3 this month, mandating masks in businesses only starting today.

This proves that wearing masks doesn't stop an increase in deaths. This is regular raw data that the media is trying to counter balance with fear-mongering studies not supported by reality.

Last edited by kynight; 07-07-2020 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: not per 1k, but per 100,000k !

Old 07-07-2020, 07:19 PM

1,066 posts, read 893,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
So according to CNN, a mouth of fake news, Hawaii has only 1/100,000 positively tested Covid19 deaths:
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...ses/index.html

This is a state based on tourism. I can only bet that more than 1/100,000 person has died from the effects of the shutdown of a tourism-driven economy.

I think Hawaiians would be reluctant to count deaths that weren't due to covid19. The opposite is true for places like NJ, CT, NY... places that aren't particularly tourists based but still have strict mask mandates.

WA state has a relatively lower death rate. TX has a very very low death rate. Alaska and Montana have 2/100,000 deaths. Except for the northeast, which has the toughest mask wearing mandates, the US is generally quite safe from the virus. More people die from automobile accidents, crime, cancer, overdose etc etc etc than covid19. I expect my county to enter phase 3 this month, mandating masks in businesses only starting today.

This proves that wearing masks doesn't stop an increase in deaths. This is regular raw data that the media is trying to counter balance with fear-mongering studies not supported by reality.
Whatever this gibberish it, it doesn’t prove anything about masks.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you heard of some people in the medical/ physician field that are anti-vaccine and persecuted and censored for it. Here's one:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...itics-and-fans
They include the same who say everyone wearing masks is overkill.

UBI would work the same way years ago as it will now or in the future. Industries evolve are born or disappear but are always there. Companies make luxury cars because ppl like them, not need them. People will pay more for a human body massage, not a robot massaging them. Organic farms same thing. On the flip side fast food could become faster but may need more mechanically inclined employees. Taxis are almost obsolete but theres new industries coming up like meal kit delivery or 3d printing, ai healthcare, influencers, antifa provoker, marijuana stores, etc. People will always need entertainment and food, cleaning service.

I got to sit down at a clean socially distanced table with a television. Better than sitting in a hot car. Same price as the drive thru.
So you post covide experts and it's an anti-vaxxer? Okay then..

Robotics and AI won't generate new industries. Anything you can invent, they can replace. That's the whole idea of artificial intelligence for crying out loud. Uhm yeah, those are some really well paying jobs you're talking about that will stem the loss of the middle class.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
Whatever this gibberish it, it doesn’t prove anything about masks.
Even the WHO says asymptomatic people don't spread the virus, but you're a yes-boy.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:00 PM

Quote:
So you post covide experts and it's an anti-vaxxer? Okay then..

Robotics and AI won't generate new industries. Anything you can invent, they can replace. That's the whole idea of artificial intelligence for crying out loud. Uhm yeah, those are some really well paying jobs you're talking about that will stem the loss of the middle class.
Yeah. No crap.

So you're saying AI and robotics don't need software engineers or people to diagnose build or maintain them? Maybe you will become obsolete if you can't be ass'ed to keep up with the newest industries. UBI will do nothing but create another permanent under-class, just like the other welfare programs have done.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Yeah. No crap.

So you're saying AI and robotics don't need software engineers or people to diagnose build or maintain them? Maybe you will become obsolete if you can't be ass'ed to keep up with the newest industries. UBI will do nothing but create another permanent under-class, just like the other welfare programs have done.
I am a software engineer. Robotics build robotics. You think the entire economy will revolve around coding and building machines that do every other job? OK.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Even the WHO says asymptomatic people don't spread the virus, but you're a yes-boy.
Please focus, you're jumping around from incorrect to incorrect thing.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
How about u actually address the several points I make. I post an expert u ask for and u dont even read it. You're blissfully ignorant. You dont because u cant keep up, like the other low IQ individuals on here.
The “expert” was a link from last year to vaccines. I’m not going to argue vaccines in here, the topic is masks. You didn’t provide what I asked for.

Did you ever google dunning Kruger?

Old 07-08-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
The “expert” was a link from last year to vaccines. I’m not going to argue vaccines in here, the topic is masks. You didn’t provide what I asked for.

Did you ever google dunning Kruger?
I guess that article was too overwhelming for you. It was also from a liberal paper so you wouldn't be offended with the presentation, lol.

The mainstream nor you provide what I ask for, which is real evidence to mandate masks, weak studies are laced with weak words like "suggest, indication, may, could, should". They are psuedo science studies only effective enough to scare simple people who dont ask much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington