Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2020, 03:52 PM

1,195 posts, read 985,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
What if the coughing or sneezing is caused by alleges which happens this time of the year to thousands of people, would wearing a mask make that situation worst?
Probably, when people have to touch their masks to clean up snot or hopefully replace it each time causes some cross contamination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
The "don't believe in lockdowns" doctors are now analyzing the data of the places no longer locked down. Maybe they have an explanation for the (entirely coincidental, no doubt) rising number of cases.

That's why it wasn't necessary to ever debate them. The virus will do what it does - if lockdowns were pointless - and sun kills it - nothing to worry about, we're all in the clear.

If lockdowns were possibly doing something, then when they are removed - we'll see a rise. Do we? Um, yep.
When testing is amped up and ordered for more and more people they tend to have more results. My mother couldnt schedule an appointment to see a doctor without being tested. Her issues have nothing to do with a virus. People are being obligated to test. Common sense com'on.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
One has to let certain segments of society make their own choices. It appears masks have been politicized because Trump doesn't like them. So his supporters dutifully oppose them. It's fine. When someone is making a choice like that, the best response is to just say "please proceed". One wonders if they would like their surgeon telling them wearing a mask is taking away his/her freedom. Should seat belts not be mandatory? Should helmets be optional? In the Trump era, I would say let's go full Darwin.
Trump knows that his edge on Biden is that he doesnt resemble a sheep. Darwinism is already happening, people are complying and losing everything due to the new economy. Those who choose to live normal will be more healthy and not let just any orders ruin their life. I know people who are afraid to work. I would hate to be at the clown government's mercy. Governments dont have money, they spend and destroy money.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Don't wear a mask.
I only wear it at work and I feel suffocated. Its child abuse any kids having to wear it. Like when a 2 year old is straped tightly in his carseat and then left there while his mom gets her nails done.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:44 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
If you actually pay attention the mainstream media occassionally spills facts contrary to their narrative. Look at the bottom of articles or alternative media where people post livestreams without being censored and deplatformed. Pay close attention to important details that are omitted or ignored.
Just curious about your other side sources, about as I expected.

Old 07-02-2020, 12:12 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Quote:
I only wear it at work and I feel suffocated. Its child abuse any kids having to wear it. Like when a 2 year old is straped tightly in his carseat and then left there while his mom gets her nails done.
Interesting perspective... Must be a generational disconnect and this person was never thrown across the kitchen (several times / day), or missed meals for a week or so (for no known reason).

That was not child abuse, just 'getting educated by the seat of your pants / scruff of the collar).

I would imagine any school age kid (5 +) is quite capable of wearing a mask all day.

If not... stay home.

Very simple.
No mask? Don't go out in public, don't answer your door. (When the virus detectives come knocking).

Spare us your spray.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:50 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
I really do not care for masks, but yet find them to be essential at indoor public gatherings like trips to get supplies at the grocery stores and such.

When outside and properly maintaining social distancing I think they are not healthy.
I believe they reduce your oxygen intake.

That is kinda where I draw the line.

The freedom argument holds no fruit and is weak at best.

Have any of you seen the “cough displacement” videos that were released recently?
They reviled how different types of masks worked better than others.
They also showed how bad not wearing a mask was.
You might want to google it if you haven’t seen it,

It was an unpartisan eye opener to say the least.

When we are faced with a severe public emergency we must accept some deviations on our normal freedoms.

These are tough times and we really have to adapt and make certain changes to the way we live.
It is a sad state to be in and we should do the best we can until there is a better path that might possibly end this.

All the best.
Andy.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:45 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,918 times
Quote:
Its not bad. The fatality rates, even being artificially inflated with antibody tests and other death causes like heart disease or getting shot in the head, regular flu etc, are very low. There's a reason the media focuses on the raw number of positive cases and not the lethality. And no it will never successfully be enforced. Walk outside of your bubble and see the majority in many places arent wearing masks.
Congrats, the state will mandate stores enforce masks now.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:50 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,922,297 times
Quote:
Walk outside of your bubble and see the majority in many places arent wearing masks.

I've been seeing 60+% of the folks in downtown Seattle wearing masks. I think it will begin to increase and at least for the short term, will become a way of life.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:43 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,873,269 times
There should be no debate about this. Because the only way to get back to normal is to wear. We can protest it but it won't solve the problem. The government is in control here, and if we need to change the government then that is a different issue. For now this is the path. Mask-up, social distance, be well.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 07-02-2020 at 09:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington