Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 01:55 PM

1,066 posts, read 893,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
I am unable to wear a mask. Tomorrow I will go shopping. I will not cough, sneeze, sing, or shout. I probably will not even speak. I won't wipe my nose or lick my fingers. My hands will be clean.

And as I go through the store, I will know that this is what people are thinking. Hopefully no one will take it any further.

Isn't bullying great?
Which stores do you shop at that won't make accommodations for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
It's all part of a greater plan. Enough people were sheepish enough to empower the state. People are only hurting themselves with a closed economy.
That's one weird way to look at it. Another way to look at it is people are hurting themselves, others, and the economy over not wearing such a simple thing as a mask.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
Why talk in tongues? People can go out in public with out a mask, they just need to social distance, which is quite easy being that many people are staying indoors getting fat.
Which is why masks aren't required outdoors when social distancing is possible. What part of this is that difficult for you?

Old 07-04-2020, 01:58 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,297,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
Which stores do you shop at that won't make accommodations for you?

None yet.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:09 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,297,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Interesting perspective... Must be a generational disconnect and this person was never thrown across the kitchen (several times / day), or missed meals for a week or so (for no known reason).

That was not child abuse, just 'getting educated by the seat of your pants / scruff of the collar).

I'm sorry this virus has you so frightened. Your posts have a different tone these days.
Being thrown across the kitchen is abuse, not education. Being deprived of food for a week for unknown reason is abuse, not education.
If that's how you were raised, it's good that you don't hate your parents for it, but I hope you didn't raise your kids that way.

Your rough upbringing has nothing to do with whether or not five-year-olds should be wearing masks. Perhaps we should consider the data, instead.
https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronav...NeSqo3uU3pXRY8

Old 07-04-2020, 04:39 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
It's a joke. Nothing more than a psyop to see who will just do what they are told in spite of plain evidence sitting out in the open that there is nothing to worry about for 99.9% of the population. Also being used cleverly as another politicized tool of division to keep the serfs at each other's throats so they won't look further up the pyramid to who's really giving them the screwing.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:48 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,748 posts, read 58,102,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
I'm sorry this virus has you so frightened. .... Perhaps we should consider the data, instead.
https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronav...NeSqo3uU3pXRY8
I'm not frightened of Covid, only seriously financially impacted, as are most businesses. But it only costs me about $10k / month, not my life (as in needlessly has cost so many).

The context of discussion is: "Why bother caring for others?".... For some reason there are many who "Don't get it". Just like in Georgia USA... "Really? The virus can spread by asymptomatic 'super-spreaders?

Where have these people been for the last 4 months?

Note, I'm currently stuck in Texas and can't get home until Texas flattens the curve.

Just a few minutes ago I needed auto parts, and even tho mandatory masks in public places are now required in Texas, the staff was not wearing them and yelling at those who were "hey, those things aren't gonna save your lives, take those silly things off!", Again... Masks aren't used to protect the wearer, but only to contain your spray. (Which store staff was spreading plenty).

There is a severe education and social responsibility gap in USA. This is costing all of us dearly. Way more than we know today.

Simple example:
Taiwan (much closer to China / origin and hammered by initial influx of people fleeing China) has about same population as Texas.
Taiwan 449 total cases 7 deaths. No new cases recently. No economic shutdown.
........Texas Total 195,769 +5,382 (new cases in one day, down from 8000+ the day before) 2,648 deaths

Texas has had 3 month headstart to review actual data and be prepared and act accordingly.

Something is broken.

I suspect we (USA) will be banned from travel (which I do over 100 flights / yr), and we will lose a lot more businesses and leadership positions in many critical sectors. If it affects the dollar being the preferred world currency (and it could). Life will be very different in what was once the USA.

This is quite serious from a national and financial
security standpoint.

Someone doesn't get it.(as it apparently does not negativity affect them (today).

Old 07-05-2020, 06:59 PM

13,080 posts, read 7,527,706 times
^@StealthR; Why cant you drive back? Amtrak sleeper? Nice & cool up here. Mid 70's. Cherries are pretty good and peaches are coming on.

DJT has effectively built a wall around USA to keep us In and Away from everywhere else.
USA is in the process of building internal walls.
sigh.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:08 PM

1,195 posts, read 987,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Good news. Your belief is contrary to scientific knowledge.

Oxygen molecules, and CO/CO2 molecules, are really, really tiny. Much smaller than viral particles, which are way smaller than aerosolized vapor particles.

Medical professionals are comfortable with the fact that masks do not inhibit oxygen transfer.
So, scientifically, masks don't make it harder to breath? Gee, then why aren't athletes wearing them during their games? Why does the state allow not to wear a mask during exercise? I love how these "experts" contradict each other.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:11 PM

1,195 posts, read 987,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
That's one weird way to look at it. Another way to look at it is people are hurting themselves, others, and the economy over not wearing such a simple thing as a mask.
The economy is being held hostage to take away rights. I don't negotiate with hostage tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington