Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 07:15 PM

719 posts, read 986,830 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ksBMT2cRmY

https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...face-mask-rule

Personally, I will not be wearing one. This country was founded on the premise that laws must be enacted via a legislative process - not a dictator issuing an edict (you might be familiar with that little nuisance of a phrase "no taxation without representation". There would - literally - be no United States if people didn't feel strongly enough about rule-by-fiat to rebel [and, make no mistake - they rebelled for very little in the grand sense. Most of the odious laws, taxes and duties that the colonists took issue with were repealed prior to the Boston Tea Party - the Tea Act was the only remaining thorn in the side of most colonials]).

Inslee is not a King, or a Duke, or even a Baron. He is (certainly) not a font of great wisdom - he is no guru or mystic with special insight. He isn't even a particularly inspiring individual - he didn't serve; he never struggled; he's not in any way oppressed (he glided through high school as a star athlete, then went to Stanford. What an arduous tale of perseverance). But even if he were all of the above, nothing - at least in America - would entitle him to make up an (exceedingly ambiguous - seriously, go read the order [and please do not attempt to justify this tyranny by saying "but it's an emergency!" Who defines when the emergency ends? Who? Inslee? Do you not see the problem with this?]) law and then begin arresting people over it.

I'm not taking to the streets.

I'm not looking to organize.

I'm not going to go walk up to some poor police officer and act like it's his fault, or challenge him to arrest me.

But I will not wear a mask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 07:18 PM

1,348 posts, read 705,424 times
he shoud have shut things back down people are not social distancing all over spreads the disease

Old 06-23-2020, 07:21 PM

719 posts, read 986,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
he shoud have shut things back down people are not social distancing all over spreads the disease
What gives him the right to shutter commerce - destroy the lives folks have labored for since they were teenagers - over a virus that has only infected a few thousand people statewide?

Old 06-23-2020, 07:27 PM

about 29k and people dont care not taking precautions its not hard to social distance

Old 06-23-2020, 07:58 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,193 times
If only you folks could adult it wouldn’t be necessary.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:03 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
I personally agree with the edict, and if one studies the power a governor has in an emergency you would understand this is completely lawful. However even Inslee admits it is not enforceable. Imo those who object don’t really care about their fellow citizens.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:10 PM

334 posts, read 420,925 times
This "but muh FREEDOM" attitude is why the US is handling the pandemic so poorly.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I personally agree with the edict, and if one studies the power a governor has in an emergency you would understand this is completely lawful. However even Inslee admits it is not enforceable. Imo those who object don’t really care about their fellow citizens.
sad but true they do not care about others and in reality themselves.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
This "but muh FREEDOM" attitude is why the US is handling the pandemic so poorly.
extremey poor handling i agree oh poor me attitude instead of were all in this together help each other care about each other sad statement on america

Old 06-23-2020, 09:06 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
Mm, along with the educational system that told you that ^ was was acceptable.
lol

?])
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington