Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2020, 10:14 PM

1,195 posts, read 987,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
Congrats, the state will mandate stores enforce masks now.
It's all part of a greater plan. Enough people were sheepish enough to empower the state. People are only hurting themselves with a closed economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 02:49 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,297,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartIrish View Post

Btw, people may not have said anything to you, but I guarantee they were thinking, "What an a**hole."

I am unable to wear a mask. Tomorrow I will go shopping. I will not cough, sneeze, sing, or shout. I probably will not even speak. I won't wipe my nose or lick my fingers. My hands will be clean.

And as I go through the store, I will know that this is what people are thinking. Hopefully no one will take it any further.

Isn't bullying great?

Old 07-03-2020, 02:52 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,297,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Because the only way to get back to normal is to wear.

I keep seeing this. But this is not what the governor said. He said masks are the new normal until there is a vaccine.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
There should be no debate about this. Because the only way to get back to normal is to wear. We can protest it but it won't solve the problem. The government is in control here, and if we need to change the government then that is a different issue. For now this is the path. Mask-up, social distance, be well.
It's not the only way. It's not even a way at all. People can't breath damnit.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Interesting perspective... Must be a generational disconnect and this person was never thrown across the kitchen (several times / day), or missed meals for a week or so (for no known reason).

That was not child abuse, just 'getting educated by the seat of your pants / scruff of the collar).

I would imagine any school age kid (5 +) is quite capable of wearing a mask all day.

If not... stay home.

Very simple.
No mask? Don't go out in public, don't answer your door. (When the virus detectives come knocking).

Spare us your spray.
Why talk in tongues? People can go out in public with out a mask, they just need to social distance, which is quite easy being that many people are staying indoors getting fat.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Interesting perspective... Must be a generational disconnect and this person was never thrown across the kitchen (several times / day), or missed meals for a week or so (for no known reason).

That was not child abuse, just 'getting educated by the seat of your pants / scruff of the collar).

I would imagine any school age kid (5 +) is quite capable of wearing a mask all day.

If not... stay home.

Very simple.
No mask? Don't go out in public, don't answer your door. (When the virus detectives come knocking).

Spare us your spray.
No they're not capable of wearing a mask all day, which is why most kids walk around with their mask lowered at least below their nose. There is nothing "generational" here, people of all ages need to breath.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I really do not care for masks, but yet find them to be essential at indoor public gatherings like trips to get supplies at the grocery stores and such.

When outside and properly maintaining social distancing I think they are not healthy.
I believe they reduce your oxygen intake.

That is kinda where I draw the line.

The freedom argument holds no fruit and is weak at best.

Have any of you seen the “cough displacement” videos that were released recently?
They reviled how different types of masks worked better than others.
They also showed how bad not wearing a mask was.
You might want to google it if you haven’t seen it,

It was an unpartisan eye opener to say the least.

When we are faced with a severe public emergency we must accept some deviations on our normal freedoms.

These are tough times and we really have to adapt and make certain changes to the way we live.
It is a sad state to be in and we should do the best we can until there is a better path that might possibly end this.

All the best.
Andy.
By your logic maybe we should ban farts as well, since we already easily sense them by one of our 5 senses. Although 6 ft may or may not be enough, it's just a made up number just far enough to ruin society but not far enough for people to revolt.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
I've been seeing 60+% of the folks in downtown Seattle wearing masks. I think it will begin to increase and at least for the short term, will become a way of life.
Short term? Short term means 2 or 3 weeks, not 2-3 years. This is setting a precedent to control society more and more in the future.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
I am unable to wear a mask. Tomorrow I will go shopping. I will not cough, sneeze, sing, or shout. I probably will not even speak. I won't wipe my nose or lick my fingers. My hands will be clean.

And as I go through the store, I will know that this is what people are thinking. Hopefully no one will take it any further.

Isn't bullying great?
People love trying to control others. They can never just live and let live. They hear some ignorant new laws and regurgitate it without using their head, thinking they're somehow intelligent because they're "woke".

Old 07-03-2020, 10:17 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,056,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post

When outside and properly maintaining social distancing I think they are not healthy.
I believe they reduce your oxygen intake.

Good news. Your belief is contrary to scientific knowledge.

Oxygen molecules, and CO/CO2 molecules, are really, really tiny. Much smaller than viral particles, which are way smaller than aerosolized vapor particles.

Medical professionals are comfortable with the fact that masks do not inhibit oxygen transfer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington