Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 07:16 AM

21 posts, read 33,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
I borrowed this from someone but, it's every word the truth.

Caution in regards to all the people wanting to move here from New York and California as well as many other heavily populated cities across the country, as well as those wanting to visit.

Before you come to Kentucky to visit you must be aware of what is happening here.
There's a housing shortage, rent has tripled, and folks are vacationing here in record numbers...
So if you plan on moving here, or just plan on vacationing in our woods, river bottoms, or lakes this summer, I think you should know that wolf spiders, fire ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to dryer than usual weather. The woods will eat you alive with ticks and chiggers.

Our lakes are full of gators, fresh water sharks, and creepy old guys wearing speedos
Our rivers are full of drunks in tubes peeing themselves while the banjo players lay waiting in the bushes
Mountain lions have eaten many domesticated animals and possibly some small children.
The local bear and coyote population are all 'in heat' and think your wife/girlfriend is hot.
Snakes... don’t even get me started on the water headed copper moccasins here and the diamond back rattle Cobras

The poison ivy has overtaken all other vegetation
We have had bear sightings at every park and town they are after your picnic baskets….and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms.
Watch out for the jackalopes; they have been extremely aggressive this season.
We have Bigfoot invading our parks and it’s their mating season. Porcupines are "stabbing" small children should they dare to utilize the local playground equipment.
Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs looking for beer.

Murder hornets!?! We’ve got great black clouds of murder hornets, and swarms of giant crickets and even some Alabama grasshoppers.
Scorpions have been congregating in massive quantities under rocks, logs, wooden steps, automobiles, and tarantulas are now stealing peoples food and biting like crazy.

I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners (we had a jump in them after Tiger King) have released their cats into the streets of our cities and towns.
Head lice now fly and we have vampire bats.

Oh and no one is vaccinated!
And the only thing all our restaurants serve is fried catfish and tater tots.

Come at your own risk!

I hear Florida and Texas are really nice though...

HAHAHAH,

Thats perfect..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2022, 12:18 PM

14,785 posts, read 8,120,726 times
Went to Cave Run Lake yesterday with the family.

Old 04-28-2022, 05:37 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
Crazee, Saturday was a "get my wife out of the house and get some fresh air" ride. Been wanting to rent a fishing boat but the state parks charge over $200 for 4 hours. Found a little resort out of Benton to rent a bass boat for $100/day. We thought while the weather was nice we'd drive down to see if we could find the place. That led to a trip through the LBL and driving through the elk and bison prairie. She was pretty sore when we got home but enjoyed it.

Old 04-28-2022, 06:35 PM

^Yesterday was kinda our get the wife out of the house day too~Hubby and Son are the fishers in our family, but I like to get out and see the sights and explore! I love the Daniel Boone Forest area!

haven't been to Land between the Lakes, but have heard all about it, and seen pictures, so it's definitely on our list of future visits...so beautiful there!

Old 05-08-2022, 03:50 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
It was wonderful to see Louisville and Kentucky in the spotlight yesterday in a positive way with the KY Derby. People from around the country and some from around the world looked like they had a grand time and enjoyed their visit. It was great for me to see some old traditions still alive and well. I'm not sure what the attendance was for the race but I heard one newscaster say it was close to 150,000 people. One of my friends from CA texted me stating how beautiful KY looks.
The horse beating 80-1 odds to win I believe was a last minute local entry from one of the Lexington or central KY area horse farms.

Last edited by marino760; 05-08-2022 at 04:06 AM..

Old 10-27-2022, 03:32 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Fall color has been really beautiful this year. I've been told it's because of below normal rainfall. I believe the foliage here can give New England a run for their money.

Old 10-29-2022, 04:01 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,873,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Fall color has been really beautiful this year. I've been told it's because of below normal rainfall. I believe the foliage here can give New England a run for their money.

This looks every bit as nice as what I'm seeing in NY state this year.

Old 10-29-2022, 04:47 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,873,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny from Florida View Post
HAHAHAH,

Thats perfect..

Not everyone in NY and CA are insane. There are lots of good people in those states who would genuinely love KY. it's not their fault they were born in places run by loonatics

Old 11-15-2022, 01:28 PM

^Taylorsville Lake at Sunrise

hard to believe that was just last month.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:07 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post

^Taylorsville Lake at Sunrise

hard to believe that was just last month.
Gorgeous picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky