Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 09:06 PM

20,125 posts, read 16,144,906 times

Advertisements

The purpose of this thread is just to chat, whether it is about a weird thing that happened in the grocery store, the weather, what you had for dinner, or your favorite color.

Pretty much anything you wish to talk about can go right here.

National politics and matters pertaining to religion are off limits!

The Terms of Service still apply.

Enjoy!

Old 12-18-2019, 09:46 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,108 times
The frost was so heavy this morning, I thought it has snowed. And, it's 11:30 and it still hasn't melted off, then again it's 32* (no sunshine), so....I guess it can't melt. The weather man said we would have heavy fog...I've seen the fog so heavy along with the temp drop as to cause the road surface to freeze into black ice.

Just for the record....I hate winter!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 10:00 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
I used to hate winter when I worked on the highway crew and had to get out salting and plowing roads on Christmas or any day getting called in at 2 AM or any early hour. Now that I'm retired I tell people I want it to snow. As far as I'm concerned it can snow up to the knee caps of a giraffe standing on his head and I won't care!

Temperature wise, our local weatherman said temps could get close to 60 Christmas day.

Thanks, Oldhag!

Old 12-18-2019, 10:11 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
I'm hoping it will make a difference, but the house I bought faces south so hopefully that will aid in melting ice in the front of the house more quickly, at least on sunny days.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:32 PM

409 posts, read 871,655 times
What bothers me the most about the cold this time of year is that it gets dark so early. Being dark and cold is a combination I do not enjoy.

Old 12-18-2019, 03:18 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,475,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmagex View Post
What bothers me the most about the cold this time of year is that it gets dark so early. Being dark and cold is a combination I do not enjoy.
I used to live in Fairbanks, AK, before moving to Sacramento, CA...then to Louisville, KY...and now near Albuquerque, NM. A blog I follow posted a video today of winter solstice in Fairbanks. Check out https://www.dermotcole.com/reporting...420lgeb9s429hp. It might make you feel better about how KY isn't all that dark in the winter, to say nothing of the cold!

Old 12-18-2019, 09:54 PM

14,768 posts, read 8,093,254 times
I love each of the four seasons, each holds a certain amount of beauty of it's own.
That being said, just went out to the grocery....if it gets any colder, I may go into hibernation mode!

Old 12-19-2019, 10:14 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times
It was bitter last night - down to at least 17 before I went to bed. I was glad to awaken to the cat cuddled at my feet, nice little fur-covered foot warmer that she is...

But today, the sun is out, migrating robins passing through are singing, and the halcyon days are upon us. The winter solstice is still two days away, but brings magic of its own. Winter sunsets can be seen in their full glory now that the trees are bare, and the winter stars are brilliant on clear nights.

So don we now our warm apparel, and let us make the most of the merriment, magic and wonder of this season.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:29 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
It was bitter last night - down to at least 17 before I went to bed. I was glad to awaken to the cat cuddled at my feet, nice little fur-covered foot warmer that she is...

But today, the sun is out, migrating robins passing through are singing, and the halcyon days are upon us. The winter solstice is still two days away, but brings magic of its own. Winter sunsets can be seen in their full glory now that the trees are bare, and the winter stars are brilliant on clear nights.

So don we now our warm apparel, and let us make the most of the merriment, magic and wonder of this season.
Winter doesn't really feel wintry to me most of the time, but I have lived in other areas of the US that saw consistent snow cover a good chunk of the winter. I would like at least one or two decent snow events before the winter is over. Very warm Christmas 55-60 degrees, definitely not wintry at all.

Old 12-19-2019, 06:30 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
Granite, that's the way I've always looked at it. Let us have at least one good snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky