Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2024, 12:38 PM

22,120 posts, read 13,137,630 times

Advertisements

Oh, my word. Gov. Beshear has dismissed state workers AGAIN today (and possibly tomorrow) due to "bad weather." Well, at present, it's dry, and the sun is peeking out; what a scaredy-cat alarmist! I'm sure he's just reliving his glory days from Covid when he assured us on a daily basis how much he cares. Also known as "Mr. Rogers." I call him the Helicoptor Parent of Kentucky, and too much of his fan base just eats that up. Up next...a daily televised appearance reminding us to button up our overcoats and take good care of ourselves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:03 AM

28,979 posts, read 30,370,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Oh, my word. Gov. Beshear has dismissed state workers AGAIN today (and possibly tomorrow) due to "bad weather." Well, at present, it's dry, and the sun is peeking out; what a scaredy-cat alarmist! I'm sure he's just reliving his glory days from Covid when he assured us on a daily basis how much he cares. Also known as "Mr. Rogers." I call him the Helicoptor Parent of Kentucky, and too much of his fan base just eats that up. Up next...a daily televised appearance reminding us to button up our overcoats and take good care of ourselves!
Is that the problem, or is the U.S. full of Young to middle aged people afraid of their own shadows.....?
I mean, I don't care for Andy myself....but he's catering to a group of people younger then himself.

To give you an idea....people in Their say 20's to 30's were posting vids on TicTok, and they all had a flu....all the symptoms and were asking in their vids, does anyone else have this strange illness going around, and then went about describing their symptoms. I mean, get over it, you have a flu? Were you never sick before? Geeze Louise, I don't believe what babies we've raised? But yes, he is catering to his groupies....who are afraid of their own shadows.

Here's another example, last year, some college girls were renting a house and they heard noises in the basement....they got scared, but instead of calling 911 she called her mother and asked her what she should do?

This is today's world, people who don't know how to problem solve, b/c their parents did everything for them.
So yeah, your right, he has become a Helicoptor Parent...

Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM

7,779 posts, read 3,366,713 times
So, you live in Kentucky? I have always wondered.

Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM

22,120 posts, read 13,137,630 times
This is true; people don't seem to grow up anymore! That's quite an astute observation, and I'd say you're absolutely spot on there. I wonder if he's reading the room and it's part of his strategy to ascend to power (it's worked so far?) or just his inborn nature, LOL. The puzzling thing is the way people middle-aged and even older welcome a warm and fuzzy dictatorship.

Old Today, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
This is true; people don't seem to grow up anymore! That's quite an astute observation, and I'd say you're absolutely spot on there. I wonder if he's reading the room and it's part of his strategy to ascend to power (it's worked so far?) or just his inborn nature, LOL. The puzzling thing is the way people middle-aged and even older welcome a warm and fuzzy dictatorship.
Quote:
or just his inborn nature,

Quote:
way people middle-aged and even older welcome a warm and fuzzy dictatorship
Got that right!

Old Today, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
So, you live in Kentucky? I have always wondered.
yes, I do....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky