Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 11:02 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,817,554 times

Advertisements

In U.S., Hawaiians Least Stressed, Residents in Utah Most

Three most stressed/worst are Utah, Kentucky and West Virginia. In fact, Utah and Kentucky have been among the top two worst stressed for the past three years.

Three least stressed/best are Hawaii, Wyoming and North Dakota.

Not a surprise. Unhealthy dieting habits, bad exercise habits, cigarettes, and the Kentucky (especially Eastern Kentucky) culture of personal laziness really do not contribute very positively. Glad I'm in California, which scored near the middle of the pack (but I live in a generally laid back area); in fact, I personally feel less stressed than when I was living in Lousyville and Cincinasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 07:20 AM

728 posts, read 1,678,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post

Three most stressed/worst are Utah, Kentucky and West Virginia. In fact, Utah and Kentucky have been among the top two worst stressed for the past three years.

Not a surprise. Unhealthy dieting habits, bad exercise habits, cigarettes, and the Kentucky (especially Eastern Kentucky) culture of personal laziness really do not contribute very positively. Glad I'm in California, which scored near the middle of the pack (but I live in a generally laid back area); in fact, I personally feel less stressed than when I was living in Lousyville and Cincinasty.
Wow, things are so great for you in Cali that you take time out of your day to research negative information/articles on Kentucky. Now, that's what I call having a life!! Sorry man, but your posts really reflect you a loser.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
Wow, things are so great for you in Cali that you take time out of your day to research negative information/articles on Kentucky. Now, that's what I call having a life!! Sorry man, but your posts really reflect you a loser.
That's okay, I've already done quite a bit just in the month I've been here and been active. I'm doing quite well for myself. Thanks, though.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,111,979 times
Quote:
Hey man, things are so great for you in Kentucky that you feel the need to defend this state instead of accept the flaws even though it truly does rank near the bottom in almost everything... Sorry man, but your posts really reflect that you are in denial.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:28 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,694,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post

Thanks for your comments. One has to wonder why you didn't post the same thing in Utah's or West Virginia's forum. You can go back to where you came from now.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:14 AM

11 posts, read 16,110 times
Quote:

yea i !agree you must be a loser!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:08 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,203,642 times
Kentuckians like to be stressed. They also like to be at the bottom in positive categories (education, income, etc.) and at the top in negative categories (cancer deaths, child abuse, etc.). Hurray for Kentucky!

Old 08-30-2011, 12:28 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,798,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
Thanks for your comments. One has to wonder why you didn't post the same thing in Utah's or West Virginia's forum. You can go back to where you came from now.
Sorry but he is coming back where he is from. He is from Kentucky.

Quote:
What are you doing that makes you a winner?

Quote:
Hey man, things are so great for you in Kentucky that you feel the need to defend this state instead of accept the flaws even though it truly does rank near the bottom in almost everything... Sorry man, but your posts really reflect that you are in denial.
He isn't alone.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:07 PM

728 posts, read 1,678,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
When did you take reading comprehension? I never defended this state. I attacked the OP's apparent lack anything else to do in life. Think about it, the OP lives in a supposed "prosperous" state. Yet, spends his free time researching negative articles regarding Kentucky. What a dork...

Old 08-30-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
Hmmmmm...you're from Missouri, sooo... Next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy warren View Post
If you're going to insult me, please try to do it without reflecting (apparent) Kentucky public school education. Next!

Quote:
When did you take reading comprehension? I never defended this state. I attacked the OP's apparent lack anything else to do in life. Think about it, the OP lives in a supposed "prosperous" state. Yet, spends his free time researching negative articles regarding Kentucky. What a dork...
I live in a very prosperous and modern state, albeit with an admittedly and incredibly dysfunctional state government. Let's see...just in four weeks, I've already learned a lot about CA and locals have commented on my breadth of knowledge about the area already.

I'm here in CA because I want to be; while I pick on Kentucky, I also critique and praise it when I need to. I left Kentucky because I'm absolutely sick of seeing it ran into the ground by 19th century undereducated country neanderthals when some of its surrounding states, i.e.: Indiana, Virginia, Tennessee, and Missouri, have more cohesive, active and business-friendly methods of attracting and retaining businesses. It breaks my heart, but even my generation (20-somethings) seem content with the Kentucky "the way we've done things" mentality.

California, for all its problems, already has such a massive infrastructure in place that I'm placing my bets on it! This is coming from a conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky