Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 08:38 AM

508 posts, read 1,514,301 times

Advertisements

Back on topic of the survey and what it says. I must be an outlier. My financial house in good order, I have a job and my health is fine so I'm not stressed.

I don't really care what Gallup's phone survey ranking has to say but I always like to poke holes in these surveys. It says the surveys were done via landlines and cell phones but how many people w/ cell phones are going to answer a call from an unknown number? It also says 800 surverys were done via landlines vs 200 via cell phones - that doesn't seem to be an accurate representation of the avg household today. I would venture to guess wealthier, more educated and younger people carry cell phone only so who really knows if this survey really captures a solid sampling of the population. It doesn't say whether or not the sampling matches the demographics for the state. The notes only seem to suggest the survey is weighted to match the entire US but when is a KY household similar to NY or CO? Let me guess too - they tried to do their surveys during business hours of 9-5 when working people are working. Oye!

People on these forums go through great effort (sarcasm) of copying and pasting the links to the survey so long as the conclusion supports their view of state w/o reading the criteria of the survey first (you know, thinking).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 01:52 PM

10 posts, read 22,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101stAirborne View Post
It depends on what you are looking for. Cadiz would be my first choice of the three. I don't know much about Princeton. I did live in Hopkinsville for a short period. Hopkinsville obviously is a little larger than Cadiz, but not my choice of places if I can choose between lake living and Hop-Town. I now live on the water. I'm an outodoors type person, lke my peace and quite. Love my fishing! Christian County School ranks in the bottom of the state with most of Jefferson County School Systems (Louisville). Trigg County far exceeds Jefferson or Christian County. For the sake of my kids we moved from Jefferson County and it is the best decsion we ever made placing the kids in Trigg County Schools and moving. There are downsides to rural living, the drive to civilization, people don't get in a hurry about anything. This is not for everyone, because it is somewhat rural, but the good out weighs all the little bad things. You will definatley become more self reliant which is a good thing I guess. The people are great, most of my neighbors are not from Kentucky. to the left Denver, across the street Clarksville, up the hill Illinois, St Louis, Nashville, so there is a very diverse crowd out here, most people would not believe it unless you live out here. The best kept secret in Kentucky, everyone I talk to love this place along with me and my family. Like I said I have made poor choices about some place I have lived, but this is not the case out here, actually I lived here from 1995 until 2004, had this hair brained idea to move and a poor choice of Louisville, could not stand it and moved back, would not move away from here under any circumstances, my next stop is my final resting place, love this place
Yeah, I made a poor choice deciding to move from small town Indiana to Big City Florida. It's not good for kids and I am ready to get back to that small town feel. If I can find us a nice home in Cadiz, it sounds like that is the place for us. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky