Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 07:40 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,905,541 times

Advertisements

What lap is this circle of a thread on by now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 08:15 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
I didn't come from Kentucky. I do understand why so many people feel bad about this state though.

Read: "You have imperfections so until you are perfect then you better get with it or get outta here!"

Or he can bring issues that need fixing to light and hope someone will actually do something about them.

Either/or.

I can understand why you might resent KY if you left because of your lifestyle and felt it was unwelcome here or you were not treated well by some. However, you shouldn't judge a whole state by a few.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:04 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,109,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I can understand why you might resent KY if you left because of your lifestyle and felt it was unwelcome here or you were not treated well by some. However, you shouldn't judge a whole state by a few.
Nobody said anything about that. Derp.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:49 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,196,890 times
Quote:
KY ranks 37th in education, which still needs improving but is much better than in past years. Some of the worst states are not in the south by the way.

Speaking of low self-esteem, what is wrong with someone who is not even from KY and does not live here, spending their time on the KY site just to malign the state and it's people to make themselves feel superior? I would say some introspection into yourself might reveal a little something lacking in your own life. Work on fixing yourself and your problems that cause such behavior and then you can work on others.
I bet most kentuckians would be proud to say that Kentucky ranks 37th in education.
Low self-esteem (maybe resulting in stress) is being hyper-sensitive to anything which is not praising the state.
If you notice, most Kentuckians are not even aware of problems in Kentucky and probably bristle whenever such problems are mentioned.
Instead of thinking 'what can we do to improve this' they accuse others of being miserable, unhappy, or having some sort of disorder. Fact is, Kentuckians can't deal with the reality of problems. So Kentucky will not change, nor improve, and continue to be held in low regard by many.
A confident person would analyze the situation and see what can be done to fix it. A person with low self-esteem will whimper at being offended and attack anyone who points out problems.
I might add that, in regards to their state, Kentuckians have a 'chip on the shoulder' attitude.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I might add that, in regards to their state, Kentuckians have a 'chip on the shoulder' attitude.
Geez, I wonder why that is? Hmm...let me think...

Old 09-11-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Geez, I wonder why that is? Hmm...let me think...
Sure, let us know what you think.
Try the rest of my post as well.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Sure, let us know what you think.
I already have...

Old 09-11-2011, 12:06 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,036 times
Quote:
I bet most kentuckians would be proud to say that Kentucky ranks 37th in education.
Low self-esteem (maybe resulting in stress) is being hyper-sensitive to anything which is not praising the state.
If you notice, most Kentuckians are not even aware of problems in Kentucky and probably bristle whenever such problems are mentioned.
Instead of thinking 'what can we do to improve this' they accuse others of being miserable, unhappy, or having some sort of disorder. Fact is, Kentuckians can't deal with the reality of problems. So Kentucky will not change, nor improve, and continue to be held in low regard by many.
A confident person would analyze the situation and see what can be done to fix it. A person with low self-esteem will whimper at being offended and attack anyone who points out problems.

Many Kentuckians are more than aware of the issues in this state that need improving. Someone like you who is constantly on the internet harping about it, improves nothing. Of course, that isn't your reason for doing so. You have an entirely different agenda. Some of us have actually worked for years in Kentucky with improving these various issues. It sort of flies in the face of those that really do care about the state in which they live when it's obvious you do not. I find it odd that you invest so much time on degrading a state and the people in it just as a hobby. That's a little pathetic.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Many Kentuckians are more than aware of the issues in this state that need improving. Someone like you who is constantly on the internet harping about it, improves nothing. Of course, that isn't your reason for doing so. You have an entirely different agenda. Some of us have actually worked for years in Kentucky with improving these various issues. It sort of flies in the face of those that really do care about the state in which they live when it's obvious you do not. I find it odd that you invest so much time on degrading a state and the people in it just as a hobby. That's a little pathetic.
Like which problems? You're kidding. The Kentuckians don't even mention problems. Because there are no problems!

Here's general info for every Kentuckian on how to reduce stress:
Please take a moment to care for yourself. Diaphragmatic Breathing: • Relaxation technique that can significantly reduce stress and anxiety • Practice 5 minutes each day • Teach your body to breathe from the abdomen to increase lung filling and breathing efficiency • Steps 1. Place one hand on your upper chest and one hand on your abdoment 2. Inhale through your nose and exhale throught your mouth.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:10 PM

Here's one, Kentucky is #1!

Kentucky Ranks No. 1 In Cancer Deaths - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky